ComicCon '05 [picture heavy]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Zisteau

ComicCon '05 [picture heavy]

Post by Zisteau »

(I saw way way more than what these pictures show, but I was low on batteries so I only took a few photos. Also, the lighting really sucked in this place, so I apologise for the poor picture quality.)So, I rolled on down to San Diego for this year's ComicCon. It is frigging huge. Just to give you an idea how big, look at this:

Each of those hanging numbers is for an aisle roughly 100 meters long, and the numbers go up to somewhere in the 5000's. Way too big to capture in one picture. I think there may even be an indoor horizon at this thing, but I couldn't tell because there were too many people anyway.

I ran into one oddity right off the bat:

Disco Fett here was standing around posing with that boombox blasting. Too bad that picture sucks. Oh well.

I also ran into this guy. Chewie!

This was a cool art exhibit. These paintings were something like three feet high by half that long. You may recognise the third one as being used for the cover to Ringworld.

Next up, very cool statues of Cthulhu and Dagon. I'd really like to own these things.

I was actually the only person standing around at 3 when they unveiled the new transformer, but a crowd formed once the guy started talking who was doing the unveiling. They had this glass cube covered in black cloth, and I thought that was a bit small for a Primus toy. Well, when they unveiled it, it was frigging Duck Prime. Lame!!!!!!!!!!!! You suck Hasbro! They also set up Cybertron Galvatron and Alternator Sunstreaker. I won't bore you with pictures of it. What a letdown. Not to mention they were already out of the little free Skywarp figures. Damn!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

[post clipped in two]

Oh well. No big deal. After that, I went over to the TF Movie setup.

And...that was it. Just that covered truck. Which will be unveiled next year.:eyebrow: WTF?

After that, I started looking for an Active Camoflage Master Chief for Sir Auros. I swear to God, I was going to find this thing. Really. I was on a mission. But...then...I kinda...got...distracted. Woops.

(there were more pictures, but the lighting was crap there, so most of them didn't come out.)
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Need to get me one of those Cthulhu statues. Sheeeeeit.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Well, at least you got me that girl in the Leia bikini...

Are they actually going to unveil that truck at some point?

Also, I'll be the third to mention how sweet those Lovecraft statues are.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Well, at least you got me that girl in the Leia bikini...

Well, the shipping will be expensive, but I'm willing to do it if you don't mind receiving used goods.*
Are they actually going to unveil that truck at some point?[/B]

Yep. They had girls standing all around the truck just to let us know they're unveiling it at ComicCon 2006. Bastards!

*I'm not really a sexist pig. In reality I talked to her for a while and she is a really cool girl. Plus she would probably suffocate in the bubble-wrap and I have no inclination towards going to jail.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Yep. They had girls standing all around the truck just to let us know they're unveiling it at ComicCon 2006. Bastards!

Crap!! And where will ComicCon 2006 be?
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Kup1
Crap!! And where will ComicCon 2006 be?

Er...in San Diego, where they all are.;)

Oh, here's something for Zeeks to drool over:

Chytkachest
Protoform

Post by Chytkachest »

This posts is*very*informative.*Thank you!