Most tragic movie losses 2

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Maraudermus Prime 2
Protoform

Most tragic movie losses 2

Post by Maraudermus Prime 2 »

Okay, just like the original one, you have to ask the most tragic movie losses. I opened this one, because the other one was closed.

EVERYONE who died in the movie was a loss. It was sad to see my favourites, Optimus, Wheeljack, Dirge, Thrust, and Whindcharger all died. Even the Insecticons. oh yeah, I just remembered that Sideswipe, Red Alert, Tracks, Sunstreaker, Huffer, Trailbreaker, Grapple, Hoist, Gears?, all died in Autobot City. I know this, because I got to see the blueprints, and the deleted scenes on TFTM, which shows that they all died.
Inferno and another Autobot (Skidz?) were thrown into the pit on TFTM.:rant:
FANTASTIC!
houndstreak
Protoform

Post by houndstreak »

Seriously, some of those deaths are questionable. And I'm sick of some idiots saying that Bluestreak had a crypt- it was Prowl- get it right!

I personally think that Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust died, but they appeared in several later episodes (e.g. Thief in the Night, Ghost in the Machine). They can hardly be considered animation mistakes like the dead Brawn and Huffer in Carnage.

Dirge and co were possibly put in later episodes because there were not enough Decepticon Jets around (e.g. the original seekers are gone, Blitzwing was ostracised and Octane was a fugitive).

What's this about blueprints seeing them die? For example, Sunstreak arrived after the major war was over. How did all those autobots supposedly die?
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

Brawn and Windcharger should appear more than this
Ironhide do his last duty in B.O.T.

The most tragic to me is Wheeljack and Prowl(seriously).
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

DUDE!!! its good to know there's a continuation of my thread going on, i was so P****d off when it was closed because Lord Decepticon and Cliffjumper got into an argument ( allthough im siding with Lord.D as cliffjumper was being an ass and having a go at lord.d for writing in short hand) but anyway...

so how did you come by the deleted scenes?

and i agree with prowl and wheeljack, they were 2 of my favourite Transformers, also the seekers. i know cyclonus and scourge were cool but you just cant beat the originals. :smokin:

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Prowl1984
allthough im siding with Lord.D as cliffjumper was being an ass and having a go at lord.d for writing in short hand

Actually, it seems as though there's a lot more to it that that.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

yeah but the point is lets just put it behind us and talk about transformers.... :smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

The losses in the Movie marked the beginning of the end for Transformers. Nearly all of the familiar Transformers were removed, only to add in a whole mass of new and unfamiliar faces. Now how is that supposed to keep kids who have followed the show for two seasons interested?

Not only that, but the iconic leaders were killed off, causing even more problems for the show. I think the Movie was a marketting decision that went really badly to be honest. So in that respect, all the losses were tragic.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Phantom Starscream
Protoform

Post by Phantom Starscream »

Yeah, They had a whole death scene for Prime. I hated to see Starscream die because he just acheived what he wanted,then he was blown to bits. Galvatron didn't even wait for the cerimony to end. I mean it. That really sucks.:rant:
Sociopathic Autobot

Re: Most tragic movie losses 2

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Maraudermus Prime 2
Dirge, Thrust,

oh yeah, I just remembered that Sideswipe, Red Alert, Tracks, Sunstreaker, Huffer, Trailbreaker, Grapple, Hoist, Gears?, all died in Autobot City. I know this, because I got to see the blueprints, and the deleted scenes on TFTM, which shows that they all died.
Inferno and another Autobot (Skidz?) were thrown into the pit on TFTM.

None of them actually died thus they lived.

The only one that actually died in the original script out of any of them is Red Alert.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

really how did he die? i just remebered the scene where prime owns a load of decepticons by doing the fancy fly through the air shooting thing, didnt know he actually killed all of them, i remember seeing skywarp go down and thrust got hit as well, i just didnt know that it actually killed him. :smokin:

Hunter S.Thompson
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

really how did he die?

Pretty sure he gets shot in the back... which is why they cut that, it really made no sense.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Splitting hairs and everything but... because it didn't happen in the movie, would you say it therefore didn't happen at all? Because everything that happens off screen or was scripted and didn't make the final cut (Grimlocks love interest with a female Junkion), is open to conjecture by fans forever and a day?

Like, I'd say Red Alert isn't dead because his death wasn't shown in the movie, was never commented upon in later episodes, so the only proof is a bit of edited script, but I wouldn't count that as proof just like the Grimlock/Junkion thing (which I made up):)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
The losses in the Movie marked the beginning of the end for Transformers.

The end happened when, exactly? It's still going in one form or another.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Illyria
The end happened when, exactly? It's still going in one form or another.

G1 then.

And Slag, in my opinion, anything that isn't publicly released in an officially approved media form didn't actually happen. Even if a script is released with that information in it. Even if a writer states that he envisioned it happening (for example: The Vok from Beast Wars are the Swarm from the comics). If it's not released, it didn't happen and it isn't true. Not canonically (is that a word?) anyway.

-Ss
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

really how did he die? i just remebered the scene where prime owns a load of decepticons by doing the fancy fly through the air shooting thing, didnt know he actually killed all of them, i remember seeing skywarp go down and thrust got hit as well, i just didnt know that it actually killed him. :smokin:

Skywarp? Don't you mean Thundercracker? Because IIRC, it wasn't shown on screen how Skywarp received his wounds.

And no, it didn't kill either of them (at least not directly). Skywarp got tossed out of Astrotrain and subsequently reformatted by Unicron, whether he was damaged so badly that he would've died even if the other Decepticons hadn't thrown him out is anyone's guess. Thrust apparently survived the collision with Prime without any significant damage - Coneheads are robust.
Originally posted by Auntie Slag
(Grimlocks love interest with a female Junkion)
Heh! You know that I have to write this now? :p
Originally posted by Sixswitch
Even if a writer states that he envisioned it happening (for example: The Vok from Beast Wars are the Swarm from the comics). If it's not released, it didn't happen and it isn't true. Not canonically (is that a word?) anyway.

Which is good, IMHO. I would've preferred if the Vok's origin had been kept a mystery (I liked them as a mysterious race of god-like aliens), so I'm quite happy to not see "Vok = evolved Swarm" as canon.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

one of the sweeps died too in the movie, it exploded
Baxter

Post by Baxter »

I was pretty torn up by that loss of a Random Sweep.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

I know it wasent that tragik, but one sweep died, and people seem to forget that
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Arcee
(I liked them as a mysterious race of god-like aliens)

That's still how I see them. Anyway, I'll now allow this thread back on topic. Aint I gracious?

-Ss
Cassettacon 27
Protoform

Post by Cassettacon 27 »

Thrust and Dirge didn't die.
If you pause the movie right when Unicron opens his mouth, and magnify, you'll see Ramjet, a blue conehead, and a red conehead with Ramjets wings. Granted, they were seen charging into battle, and for a long time I thought they died too, but they do appear again several times in season 3 (Ghost in the machine).

As for the Autobots deleted sceens, I'll believe it when I see it.
Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash