Yamato Co. toy release, VF-11B Thunderbolt (Macross+)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Pun-3X

Yamato Co. toy release, VF-11B Thunderbolt (Macross+)

Post by Pun-3X »

This one's been out for a bit, but I have a question on it. I recently got one today, and transforming it to jet-mode, the left shoulder plate won't fit properly into the section of fuselage it's supposed to merge with. It ends up getting forced upward, and the central-back section *arms, shield* are forced at an upwards angle. The section are supposed to meet in the center, and everything overlaps if you try to straighten it out.

Does anyone else have this guy? Is this a one-time defect or are all the VF-11B's like this? I need to know so I can either send it back (MAYBE get an exchange if this group still has any) or start modifying it.
*Predaking*
Protoform

Post by *Predaking* »

Haha.. reading your post sure brings back memories. Yes I have VF-11B and had the same exact problem. The plate just won't stay leveled and keep overlapping with the shoulder plates. There is a trick to make it work. You have to make sure the arms are perfectly in sync with each other (and I don't mean the crappy boy band). When done right the arms form like a Y shape and you lock the arms with the peg of one arm to the hole of the other arm. Make sure they are leveled before snapping the plate onto the arm. LMK if it works.
"I'm the best there is, the best there was and
the best there ever will be"
Bret “Hitman" Hart
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

I know what you're talking about, that's what makes the whole assembly stand upwards. Everything 'fits' into it's place, but the shing's tail is up in the air. If you leave it loose it all overlaps.

Damn, sounds like they might all be like this...
MTX
Protoform

Post by MTX »

LOL

I ran into that same problem. That's why I don't take it out of the box anymore. :)