[Original RPG] End of the Line: Battlegrounds (Other)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

End of the Line: Battlegrounds (Other)

Post by Warcry »

Decepticon forces are on the move, gathering resources for a final thrust against their Autobot enemies. The Autobots, meanwhile, try to pull their scattered forces back into a unified front. While the Mayhem Attack Squad fights the Dinobots for control of a diamond mine in the West African nation of Sierra Leone, Wingspan leads two Stunticons out on a mission to deny vital supplies to the Autobots. In the American city of Denver, a detachment of Autobots is dealing with the aftershocks of an anti-Autobot terrorist attack. And in the Russian capital of Moscow, the rogue Autobot Sunstreaker is still at large.

Anything that doesn't occur in or around Autobase, the Nemesis, or San Francisco goes here.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sierra Leone

Snarl tried to charge at the now-wounded Banzai-Tron, but found that his damaged knee wasn't cooperating; the best he could manage was a slow, stalking gait. When he had closed the gap between them enough that he could attack, he swung a powerful but inelegant sword slash at the Actionmaster's torso.

Warehouse, Denver

With his back turned to Sizzle, Crosshairs didn't see the Sparkabot's ire. He did see Cliffjumper gazing lustily at a rocket launcher, though.

The Targetmaster smiled.

I'll be kept busy for a week just cataloguing all this stuff when we get back to base!

He turned to Bumper, having heard what the young team leader had said.

"I think I saw a few empty rigs parked a klick or so out from the Maximus, actually. If we could get Pipes or someone to haul one of them out here, we should be able to get all of this stuff inside it."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Warehouse in Denver

Bumper nodded thoughtfully. "That makes sense. I'll send a message to autobase." Bumper turned and headed outside, taking a medium range communicator from subspace and dialing up Fort Max.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Banzai-Tron ducked under Snarls strike and followed through into a forward roll to come up beside the Dinobot, aiming a backhanded slash at snarls waistline.

the slight loss of mobility from the damaged plating on his mid-section hindered the effectiveness of the strike, but the actionmaster hoped it would still prove sufficient.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Siberian Tundra

Sunstreaker still didn't know what was going on, or what had happened to him. The last thing he remembered was his shuttle exploding and then the Matrix, but it was brief. When he came too he was standing in a city, surrounded by destruction.

And who ever rebuilt him did it wrong, this wasn't his body. The paint scheme was terrible too. What type of name is Sunstreaker when you're painted black? Perhaps it was the Decepticon's Sunstreaker thought idly. Who ever it was he hadn't been active long, it seemed, he was still running at almost full energy even after driving as far as he did.

No transponder, he couldn't radio anyone. Not that he had anyone to radio. He wasn't really an Autobot anymore. Instead he drove through the snow-paved roads hoping to find some sort of structure to hide in.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Ark: Command Centre

Sixwing has just walked in, when Dropshot turned to him. "Good to see you funtional again. The reason why I called you in here is because I'm planning to beef up the defences here in the Ark and I could use your help."

Dropshot then pulled up a map of the Ark on the big screen. "While Sentinal is a big help in keeping us shielded, we still need something in the off chance that someone is lucky enough to get in here. Those Ion cannons we have just won't cut it. I was thinking if we put up some other traps and other secruity measures, we'd be better off. And while I don't have a problem with just you and I "minding the store" A iltte extra help couldn't hurt. So what do you think?"
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Scout

Post by Scout »

Inferno laughed as the others climbed aboard. "Maybe 'Buster, but I'd like to see a Decepticon's expression when he saw the piece of junk that was flying, or the way we'd disassemble him afterwards."

In a flash, Inferno swung back into the control seat. "Now... let's see if we can make it back in one piece."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Warehouse in Denver

Bumper activated the communicator and dialed in Pipes' frequency. "Pipes! Do you read me? This is Bumper in Denver. We need a little assistance if you have the time."

Pipes came through in a crackley voice. "Bumper? Yeah I hear you. You have some trouble you want me to get into? Heh heh."

"Not exactly. We need you to hitch up to one of the tractor trailers parked near Autobase and come to the coordinates I'm about to send. We've got a whole mess of weaponry here to transport back to base. See if you can't find a few others to pull trailers as well, I don't think we'll be able to get it all in one."

Pipes came back. "Weapons, huh? That sounds like fun. Soon as I get done putting this fire out, I'll head out your way. Try not to blow yourself up in the meantime."

Bumper clicked off the communicator and walked back inside. Then he said to his allies, "Well, now all we have to do is wait."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Sierra Leone

RSLS Lion

The guns thudded again sending there shells arcing through the air.

1 landed near the shuttle leaving a huge crater in the sand.

a second landed near the shuttle entranceway but failed to go off it just quivered half buried in the sand.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sierra Leone

Knowing that he couldn't avoid Banzai-Tron's blade any other way with a damaged knee, Snarl allowed himself to fall backwards. Unbalanced by his bad leg, the desert warrior fell awkwardly to the ground; however, the blade cut through empty air above him. Transforming to Stegosaur mode, he scrambled to his feet and waited for Banzai-Tron to make the next move.

Aided by the large amounts of sunlight that his solar panels were absorbing, Snarl's autorepair systems set to work healing his damage.

Deep inside the mine, Scavenger dumped another load of diamonds into Long Haul's load bay. The Constructicon mining expert transformed back to robot mode, then nodded to Octopunch.

"We're done here."

"Good," the Pretender replied. "Then let's get moving."

Quebec/New York Border

Whirl would have frowned, if he had had a proper face.

"Maybe I'd be safer flying home on my own power..."

Nevertheless, the jocular Wrecker strapped himself into the seat directly behind Inferno's pilot's chair.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Inside the shuttle, New York/Quebec border:

Roadbuster: -obviously in a bad mood, remains standing, grabbing a couple of overhead supports, looks down, seeing the micromasters- "Hey, Inferno, there's hardly enough room in here as it is. Did you have to bring your halfling collection along?"

Abandoned Army Base, Outside of Denver:

Siren: -helps to load Nightbeat into Landfill-

Muzzle: -climbs up, gets into Landfill's truck bed, starts tying Nightbeat down-

Sierra Leone:

Grimlock: -gets to feet- "Think you good, know funny fighting style." -picks up energo sword- "Me know one, too. SPLAT-FU!!!" -charges, slashing at Bludgeon:

Bludgeon: -rolls under the swing, moving smoothly to his feet, snaps a kick at Grimlock's head-

Grimlock: -off balance from the swing, manages to block awkwardly, falls, slashing at Bludgeon's knees-

Bludgeon: -leaps, avoiding the swing, flipping and spinning in the air, legs scissoring open, the spin slicing both feet at Grimlock's head-

Grimlock: -first foot smacks him in the side of the head, grabs second foot as it comes towards him, swings Bludgeon and throws him-

Bludgeon: -arcing gracefull through the air, flings a fireball at Grimlock, landing smoothly-

Grimlock: "Oh, s-" ZOT!!!!!

-----------

Fangry: -shaking head, lurches to feet, seeing the shells arcing overhead, lurches towards the coast-
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Noting the glow of Snarl's "Fins" as they collected the solar energy, Banzai-tron darted to the side of the Dinobot and slashed at the right hand side collectors
Brave Maximus

Sierra Leone - In the skies

Post by Brave Maximus »

This might hurt........

While Swoop was nimble in the air, he was also a Dinobot - and sometimes the direct approach was the best.

He tucked his wings in a bit, and headed directly for Bugly. He aimed his missile launchers, not at the Decepticon himself, but at his photon blasts. Shrapnel from the explosions rained everywhere. Swoop felt some pieces dig in, just below his eye, and along the leading edges of his wings. Only his dinobot hide managed to keep him in the air. But there was a benifit, the air was full of debris, smoke, and fire. Swoop became deathly quiet and saved his surprise.

Sludge (believe it or not) didn't even see the tank coming, until it was too late. The tank hit him full in the face, and the Dinobot dropped with it. He lay on the ground for a few seconds before rising to his feet. He spat out a few broken circuts with a wad of mech fluid that was dripping from his damaged face. He staired up with optics of pure hatred.

He set his energon blade down for a second and pulled out the ruined Bayonet that was still in his fist, not even wincing at the great pain. Dripping with his Mech fluid, he tossed the bayonet at Pounce with all the fury and anger he could manage.

Ark - C&C

Sixwing looked at Dropshot, a slightly ammused look on his face:

"It has been tried before, in this very ship in fact. While it did not stop those who wanted to get it, if it were done right, it could slow them down. Are you talking non-lethal measures or....." an evil glint came to the Micro Master Combiners eye "Something more fun?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sierra Leone

Banzai-Tron's blade clanked into the solar collector plates on Snarl's right flank. The plates bent inward at an awkward angle from the force of the blow, but their heavy design prevented them from breaking.

"Raaarh!"

The Dinobot lashed out at the Actionmaster's sword arm with his spiked tail in an attempt to disarm his foe (perhaps literally).

As Bugly flew through the cloud of fire and shrapnel, he began to suspect that Swoop was planning to ram him.

He knew that he could probably maneuver out of Dinobot's way with ease -- his aerial maneuverability was second-to-none, after all, and he could figure out the Autobot's distance by feeling for his spark -- but that wouldn't gain him anything.

Instead, he transformed to robot mode and summoned his Pretender shell around him. His clawsword slid out from it's sheath in his right forearm, and he spread his arms so that he could grab the Dino as he approached.

Abandoned Army Base, Outside of Denver

Once Nightbeat had been placed securely inside Landfill's load bay, Getaway transformed to vehicle mode and waited for Muzzle to finish tying his partner down.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Banzai-Tron jumped backwards as Snarls tail swept is, still striking a glancing blow to Banzai-Trons left shoulder with enough force to spin the actionmaster three complete rotations mid air and then crashed down front first onto the ground.
Brave Maximus

Sierra Leone - In the skies

Post by Brave Maximus »

(OOC: With permission from WC)

Swoop caught a glimse of the Pretender, and that's all he needed, he hit his thrusters for a brief second, using that burst of speed to ram his opponent.

The direct approach worked! Swoop's beak pierced the Pretender shell, in a place Bugly hadn't expected - right through the shoulder. But the Pretender resisted, sneering at the Dinobot.

Swoop hit his thrusters and shoved against the pretender, throwing them into a tailspin, headed for the earth - and, a very unsuspecting grey and purple Decepticon.
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Dropshot saw Sixwing's grin of evil glee and simply said. "Well dead or alive, as long as it keep the unwanted guests out, makes no difference to me. And you know me, I'm always up for a little target practice."
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Brave Maximus

Ark - Command and Control

Post by Brave Maximus »

"Hummmm, we could allow them to live, in a crippled state, for us to..... finish up afterwards......"

Sixwing grumbled to himself.....
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Pounce dodged the flying fragment of bayonet and pivoting mid air skilfully caught it . He jammed it into the end of his pole .

"I wondered where I left that , ready to surrender dino breath."
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Dropshot just chuckled slightly. " Well, I'll leave that to your descretion then. But what sort of traps and whatnot were you thinking of. What sort of stuff were you talking about when you said that they've used some traps before?"
WRESTLING: