[BW] Other Victims

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Other Victims

Post by Warcry »

It begins with an experiment.

A entire world, reshaped into a gigantic laboratory. We seed it with Energon and cover with monitoring devices. The experiment goes well.

But something goes wrong. The laboratory is corrupted, its sterile perfection tarnished by a group of small, ignorant creatures who breach the seal and infest it. We tolerate their interference, but tolerance only goes so far. They cross a line, and we have no choice but to end the experiment. They resist, and through the surprising valiance of one of their number, they defeat our failsafes. Their corruption spreads, destroying the original experiments even as it changes their very structure to include some of our own energies.

We are intrigued.

There is great debate among the brethren about how to proceed. Some wish to expunge the irritants from our laboratory and start afresh. Others wish to observe, to see how these tiny beings react as they begin to unravel our mysteries. Yet others wish to guide them, steer them in a direction that will be useful to us, to our goals. The latter ideal wins out.

The corruptors
become the experiment.

We wish to know more about them. We capture two of them for examination, and are surprised. We know these creatures! We have met their kind before, somewhen. The creatures don't know us, however; they are strictly three-dimensional beings, unable to travel along higher-dimensional vectors the way our kind can.

Another arrival. This one seeks to disrupt the experiment, to capture one of the subjects and return it to its primitive culture for judgement. This cannot be allowed; we prepare to act, but it is unnecessary. The new arrival is suborned by his very prey, turned to the cause by a message from a past that hasn't happened yet.

But the plan revealed by the prey is disruptive, the barely-foiled endgame one that will disrupt time and space in ways unforeseen by its simple mind. Although stopped, the prey continues to act. He steals one of our devices and uses it to mutate his brethren further, merging them yet deeper with our energies. This cannot be countenanced.

Action must be taken.

We cannot agree. Some wish to eliminate the experiment altogether. Others argue that it must go on, with only the rogue element excised. There is no consensus. The fate of the experiment hinges on a single voice. In other temporal lines, the voice speaks in favour of elimination. However, in
this line, it sides with the experiment.

The experiment will go on.

An avatar is be required, one who can silence the renegade forever. Irony speaks, now. We recover the life force of the agent sent to retrieve the rogue and massage it, healing it and strengthening it with our energies. We teach it, imparting wisdom, showing it the ruination that will follow if the rogue is allowed to succeed. The agent understands. He agrees to stand with us, to see past the loyalties of a past that will never come to pass if the meddler is allowed victory.

Others are required. Unborn creatures are scattered across the surface of the laboratory, awaiting birth. We retrieve them. However, they are not compatible. Their personalities are preordained by their creators. This will create imbalance, ending the experiment prematurely. This cannot be allowed.

We take knowledge from our agent's mind, and use it to re-create some of the creatures. They are in balance. Equal parts of what they so blindly call 'good' and 'evil'. However, another balance must be maintained. To balance our agent, we require another, one who can do what will be required of a 'good' leader. We search the timescape, find a suitable candidate. However, we cannot take him; his role in history is too great. We examine him and release him. We replicate him, imposing his mind and traits on one of the unborn.

We are ready.

We require a nursery, a location for the unborn to incubate and be born. We fashion it. An island, floating in mid-air, out of the reach of the creatures. Or so we thought.

OOC translation: all of the non-show characters you guys have claimed are sitting in protoforms on a floating island (similar to the one we saw in the first season of the 'toon), waiting to be woken up by the show characters [if you guys can find it and get on it quick enough] or by the Vok [if you can't]. Have fun!

If you've really got your heart set on a different intro for one of your non-show guys...ask nicely, and we'll see what we can do. :)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Forest, near Mount St. Hillary

As he watched the light of the nearly-full moon cut through the clouds and illuminate the boreal forest he was walking in, Silverbolt could feel a strange urge to break out in howls. The part of him that was a wolf was amused by the idea, but he knew he'd never hear the end of it if his comrades caught him in the act. Still, the idea of a Maximal warrior baying at the moon like a common animal was enough to prompt a slight smile from the knightly warrior (although his canine beast mode head made the expression appear more than a little predatory).

Taking a few careful steps deeper into the wilderness, the Fuzor took a sniff of the humid air. The scent of pine was think in the air around him, and he couldn't deny the appeal it held for him. He knew that more than a few of his comrades missed the Axalon and the jungle-like foliage that surrounded it, but the evergreen forest that surrounded the Ark had a certain intangible feel to it that appealed to the base instincts of the Maximal's beast mode. Moving through it at night, with little or no light to guide him, made it all the more facinating. He was forced to rely on his hearing and sense of smell to guide him, and he found that these late-night walks were slowly improving his skills as a tracker.

The only thing that would make them better, he thought to himself, would be if my beloved saw fit to join me.

Silverbolt knew that his fellow Maximals thought he was insane for having such affection for a Predacon, even one who had proven to be somewhat cooperative over the last few months. The tracker even occasionally thought that Black Arachnia that way as well, but his innate sense of chivalry wouldn't let him dwell on such thoughts for very long. He knew there was good in her, even if the femme herself tried to deny it most of the time.

The Fuzor shook his head, breaking his train of thought. This sort of brooding, he knew, would only disrupt his training. He may have had a duty to try and lead Black Arachnia towards the side of good, but he had other duties as well...the foremost being the duty to keep Megatron and his craven gang of Predacon thugs from disrupting the timeline or destroying the innocent life of this planet.

With one last, deep breath, the tracker sprung off into the forest, following the scent of what appeared to be a native rodent of some sort.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Hrm..."

BANG!

"That's better," Rhinox muttered as the console sparked back to life. Once again, he was upgrading the defensive perimeter around the Ark, and the Axalon's systems were once again having problems integrating with those of the four million old ship.

He lugged a power cable as thick as one of his legs across the floor, and hefted it into place with a grunt. The audible click of the locking mechanism engaging brought a smile to his face.

"We're ready to roll," he said to no one in particular, before tapping a meticulous set of commands in to the console.

"Warning, Power Surge imme..."

Rhinox killed the power to the console.

"Slag. It's going to be one of those days."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Snctccchtttt....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. Snctccccchttttt......prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........."
It was late, and Cheetor was sound asleep in what remained of his quarters - half a wall, a door and the rocky side of a mountain for the remainder of the walls. The salvaged bridge and a few adjacent walls were all that remained of the Maximal ship, and it had been salvaged to be near to the Ark. The volcanic warmth surrounding the remains was welcomed by the feline maximal, who lay on a flat rock sprawled out on his back, with paws splayed in every direction. His mouth had dropped open and some half-snores / half-purrs rumbled softly in the air, but the sleep wasn't entirely peaceful. A tiny buzzing insect droned around one ear, causing a sleepy paw to intermittently flash upwards to swish it away.
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

" Protoform X. "

Depth Charge sighed.

" Rampage ", he corrected himself.

The bitter Maximal was in his Manta Ray form, prowling in the depths of the lake where the Axalon's rests were lying. His shark drone was a few meters in front of him, his sensors at full range. The transmetal was, as always, searching for his nemesis, but now something had changed. He still believed destroying Rampage was his first priority in his live, and his hate for Proto...Rampage was as burning as ever. But something changed, something was diferent.

" No, it's a promise; an agreement. "

The Maximal changed his course moving naturally his majestic wings as he slowly swam towards the lake surface. A few days ago he had agreed with Optimus stop acting as an independent agent and get more involved with his fellow Maximals, but Depth Charge was uneasy. He still had the feel, the urge, the need of search for Rampage and kill him.
But he was a Maximal, a loyal one. And now he had a new loyalty; not only with his death friends on Omicron but with the Axalon crew stranded on Earth.

" I'll help them, but in my way " he concluded.

Depth Charge transformed into robot mode, picked his shark drone and swan towards the lake's border. Once there he looked around a last time for if Rampage was there, and then transformed into his Aerial Cruiser mode and flew at high velocity towards the Ark.
verytired

Predacon Base

Post by verytired »

Megatron stood alone in the main control room of the predacon base. He stood stock still in the dark his frame illuminated by the screens on in fron of him. Only his eyes moved, flickering from one set of readouts to another, from close circuit telivision from within and without his base. None was as it should be.
He turned and advanced to his command chair: for as long as they had been here, for all the power at the disposal of his troops, the Maximals remained. Through luck, chance, guile, and only to himself would he ever admit this last, better tactics, the Maximal presence on the planet remained, stronger than ever, as strong as his predacons had ever been.
He sat down with a sigh. If he was brutally honest with himself, it had always been this way. He clicked a button on his armrest and sent out a short range broadcast:
"All predacons, report your present activities: If you aren't doing anything, then report here with a suitable excuse."
Megatron looked up to the upmost screen: it had been cycling through the current operational maximals, but he paused it: A visage of Optimus Primal filled the screen, full of heroism and nobility.
"Oh, how I'll enjoy crushing that smile Optimus: One day soon, you'll beg me to end your suffering."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Maximal Base located just inside Mt.Saint Hillary

" Blast it all to the inferno..." Primal growled to himself.

The maximal leader had spent so little time in his new body that the massive form seemed to be causing more trouble for him than good.
Looking over to the massive form of the Ark, Primal sighed.

Primal glanced over at Rhinox for a moment, before the power surge took effect. As he brought a hand up to shield his face from a stream of sparks, the wing mounded near his shoulder swung out, smashing into a nearby pile of components from the axalon... nothing valuable, just the seats and non-essential consoles from the ship, but it served to set Primal off enough to start away from the area.

"You don't know the half of it, Rhinox." Primal muttered silently.

As he left the central area of the base, Primal looked out sadly across the lava at the massive form of the Ark

"I have to wonder how you ever managed, my ancestor. Nearly ten times our present size... consuming energy at once unprecedented rates... by most living beings' scale, large enough to stand shoulder to tip with a great deal of their buildings. "

Primal looked down at his giant mechanical hands, a sadness in his eyes.

"For all the power, speed and strength this new body gives me... its drawbacks are too great for the time being..."

Slowly turning, Optimus Primal started toward the main entry-way of the volcano base. As he passed by the consoles, he inadvertntly shifted into his ground-pounding cruiser mode, rolling up toward the doors.

"Then again... I understand the satisfaction you had, Optimus Prime... that line you spoke time after time when the time for battle came... what was it again?"

The doors swung open, and Primal's engines roared.

"Ah... that's it. Roll Out!"

Wheels spun, and the boosters on his rear came to life, launching him out of the base, and sending him flying up over the landscape, until he came down, wheels spinning on the dirt beneath him.

"I need some time out of here... time to think... and get better attuned to this body"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Mount St. Hillary, Axalon Bridge, Night Watch:

Rattrap yawned, managing to remember not to lean back in his chair, and put his elbows on the console before him, half a fuelpump beat away from burying his face in his hands. “Night watch again. Geeze, dere’s time I gotta wonder if da Boss Monkey’s losin’ it…… I been doin’ dis fa a whole week now, an dere ain’t nothin’ happenin’.” He gave a weary sigh. "No two ways about it, we gotta get more recruits. I c'n t'ink of a lot betta t'ings I c'n do at night...." Shrugging, he did the only thing he could think of to keep awake.

Typing a few commands into the console, he called up the computer’s main directory, some small and not yet cynical part of him marveling at the speed that Teletran 1 had imparted to the Axalon’s remaining computer systems. “Let’s see….. Cyber-Vegas Grand Tour Poker? Nah. I still owe dis slaggin’ computer twenny grand…….” A slight scowl creased his face. “Inferno? Who da slag…. Oh. I bet Cheetor put dis one on here. Neva did figure dat game out….. Who’d want to play a Golden Age’a Cybertron RPG, anyway? Neva did figure out teenagers....” He continued scrolling through the entries. “Tomb Raider? Nah. Stubbs da Zombie? Metal Fatigue? What da slag would I want to play Metal Fatigue for? I already got dat…..” Casting the occasional glance up at the secutiry monitor(Cheetor’s “evolution” still painfully fresh in his memory), he almost missed it.

Not that he had missed it before. He just hadn’t been able to bring himself to look at it.

A simple sub-directory, with a one word title. Dinobot

Not for the first time, he wondered what it was. It was too big to be Primal’s way too wordy reports on Dinobot. Heck, it was the only file that hadn’t been corrupted when Rampage broke the ship.

Which, in itself, was very strange. With a sigh, Rattrap opened the directory and started skimming the contents.

Then he stopped. Scrolling back up to the top, he started checking them again, optics widening in shock, a huge grin breaking out on his face. “Dat slaggin’ saurian…. I bet he planned dis!” Moving to another station, he called up a visual image of the Dinobot currently serving Megatron, started doing a breakdown of physical composition, systems information, any othere tests he could think of based on the unfortunately scant information the Maximals had collected on the next generation of Transmetals.

Topside, Predacon Base:

Dinobot sniffed the night air, his beast mode olfactory sensors picking out all kinds of interesting information. As Megatron's command came over his commlink, he stopped sniffing, turned, and headed back inside, the slasher claw on each foot tak-taking against the deck plating with each step. "I am coming, Megatron....."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Inferno ran off to find Megatron.

"I do nothing my Queen I await to serve the colony!" The antbot cheered running hoping for something to do in order to make his colony proud.

Outside

Waspinator was buzzing about outside attacking random animals as he heard Megatron's message.

"Aww Waspinator is clearing out animals from away from baseeeeee." He said turning back to the base.

"Waspinator returning to base." He said as he travelled back to the ship to see what Megatron wanted.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Silverbolt's ears pricked up as the sound of a roaring engine roused his hunter's instincts. The tracker listened quietly for a moment, not breathing, his beast mode's simulated heartbeat slowing to almost nothing as he tried to match the sound to any of the Transformers he had met since awakening on this untamed world. It was difficult; the source was at least a mile away. But after a moment's thought, he had it.

Primal. Our leader is more than a bit agitated, if his engine noise is any token. The noble warrior briefly considered tracking the massive Maximal chieftain down and trying to make him feel better, but quickly decided against the idea. Were I in such ill sorts, I would only find solace on my own. If he wanted companionship, he wouldn't be leaving the base.

The tracker knew perfectly well that there was one other way he could make himself feel better, but he deftly deflected his train of thought before he managed to start dwelling on her again.

Falling into a crouch, the grey Maximal pushed out with his legs at the same time as he pumped his wings, throwing himself up into the air with the grace of an eagle and the savage purpose of a wolf.

The Island

Lush, green plant life rolled off in every direction, trees, grass and shrubs extending as far as the optic sensor could see. It was, he supposed, typical of most tropical islands on this planet. What wasn't typical, though, were the large obelisks that could be seen protruding from the foliage every mile or so...or the Transformer protoforms scattered through the underbrush. No, on closer inspection this island was anything but typical.

Of course, the fact that it was hovering several hundred feet above the water was a dead giveaway, too.

Ravage took another look at the odd construct that the aliens had placed him in charge of, and couldn't help but laugh. It wasn't a pleasant laugh, but the laugh of someone who had seen too much, and was coming to grasp the futile, ridiculous nature of the universe. Someone who had seen too many horrors over the vorns, some committed by himself and his allies, others commited by others against him.

Above all else, it was the laugh of someone who had cheated death, but at such a terrible price that many other beings would have instead chosen to throw themselves into the sweet embrace of the Pit.

A part of him, the part that had been touched by the aliens, knew exactly why they had chosen to create this odd deathtrap to store the protoforms in. But knowing and understanding were far apart...and agreeing was farther still.

Half of the protoforms on this island, he knew, contained Predacons. His brethren. But the other half contained Maximals, his sworn (if currently somewhat friendly) enemies.

That didn't sit well with him, but the covert intelligence officer knew that he had to humour the aliens for now. They had opened his mind to the full scope of ruin that Megatron would create if the renegade managed to bring his plans to fruition, and Ravage felt more than a little shame that he had been drawn into the madman's scheme. A part of him suspected that the aliens may have lied to him, fabricating all manner of dire consequences to get him to do their dirty work...but he simply couldn't take that chance.

None of this showed on the spy's face, though. His feline visage remained inscrutable, a habit long since ingrained, and one that he still stuck to despite the fact that there was no one within several hundred miles to see him.

That would change quickly, he knew. The Island's course was taking it towards shore, near to the area where the Maximals and Predacons were dug in. Within a short time they would detect it, and the next phase of the aliens' plans would begin.

Ravage made a low, contemplative noise, considering ways in which he might turn those plans to his advantage. With narry a sound, the Predacon converted to his beast mode and slinked off into the undergrowth, his newly-upgraded body disappearing into the shadows.
verytired

airspace to the north of Predacon Base

Post by verytired »

Fractyl banked slowly as he surveyed the landscape: all previous data he had assimilated had to be revised after the recent... changes. Graphy wouldn't admit it, but the fresh discoveries and sweet joy of enetering data made him far more excited than he should be. As his surveys came to their end, he recived Megatrons communication.
"Coming at once, yessss, my master." he muttered with frustration. time away from his job meant difficulties for himself.

(OOC Yep: I am that thick. Graphy, fractyl... Genuinely forgot the guys name. Apologies for any incovenience, and cheers to Warcry: this would've got even more confusing than Fizzle and Sizzles colours! :) )
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Island

The protoform's status display showed that the unborn Transformer within it was ready to emerge. The faction indicator on the side of the display showed a green Maximal sigil.

Ravage sighed with disgust.

The aliens may want balance, he thought, but their experiments mean nothing to me. Once Megatron is disposed of, the more Predacons I can bring back to Cybertron, the better.

A thought struck the spy then. The aliens may only have reformatted half of the protoforms into Predacons, but they weren't the only ones capable of such a transformation. At least one of the Predacons on this planet could do it as well, provided the Predacons could capture the Maximal protoforms.

But I'll need to keep the Maximals away from the island for that to happen. Some of them, anyway. A distraction is in order. A cruel smile took root on the spy's catlike face. And I know just the thing.

Ravage tapped a brief command into the pod's status display, activating the pod's transponder. Then, with a grunt, he pushed the pod over the edge of the island and watched as it hit the water and began to sink to the ocean floor.

An active protoform transponder only a few miles offshore would certainly attract a Maximal response, he knew. Only one of their warriors was capable of diving deep enough to retrieve the pod, and having Depth Charge out of the coming battle over the Island would suit him just fine.

(OOC: Rollerdash and BlueSkids, that's your cue. :))
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

*The pods scanning device opens*

"Scanning for suitable life forms . . . . ..”

*Shark swims by. Pod also scans Rampage*

"New element detected, suitable life form found, beginning reformation...Reformation complete. Predicon life form Cybershark is now functional"

~Inside the pod~

"What the... YO!!! Where am I? HELP!"

(Ooc: I'm assuming I can do that. I scanned Rampage for 1. He’s a Tm2 isn't he? And 2. Cybershark is a Predicon that works with the Maximals. The pod door can't open due to the water pressure, enjoy ^^.)
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Near Maximal base

Depth Charge was flying arriving at the Ark, lost in his thoughts when he detected a strange reading.

"A protoform transponder?"

The Maximal warrior turned back, increasing his speed. With reluctance, he opened a Maximal comm channel and sent a transmission to the Maximal Base.

" Here Depth Charge, new protoform detected out at sea, I'm going to retrieve it. Depth Charge out. "

Despite his agreement with Optimal Optimus Primal, Depth Charge was still uneasy; he was a loner and engaging himself into a lonely rescue sea mission was far better than chit-chating with his fellow Maximals inside a volcano, surrounded by theirs ancestors.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"Well now, if this isn't interesting..."

Black Arachnia had been climbing her way along a cliff-face, leisurly on her way to go spy on the Maximals. She had nothing better to do, really - last time she'd checked out the Predacon base, Megatron was in one of his moods, and she had no interest in presenting herself as a possible target for his anger, so she was staying scarce and away. Having heard the sounds of something approaching, she had ducked into a niche in the cliff wall large enough for her to hide comfortably and see what was approaching.

Presently, the form of the Maximal leader, Optimus Primal, in his behemoth metallic form passed into her field of vision. He was a bit far from the base, wasn't he. What ever for...

Black Arachnia considered things for a moment as Primal continued his travels, then once he passed by, she skittered out of her hiding spot to follow him while making sure to keep out of sight for the moment.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

as Primal rolled through the rocky terrain, something inside him seemed to settle discomfort into his system. His cannons swerved to life, pivoting to his rear, and firing a shot at the cliff face, as primal himself shifted into his beast mode.

"Alright... Come on out. Show yourself!"

the blue and orange ape's fists were tightly clenched, his face shaped into a snarl.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Snctccchtttt....prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. *CRASH*......Snnnirrrowwrkkkkk!"

Cheetor's optics snapped open and he sleepily rolled to his feet. His ears perked forward, listening, but all he heard was Rhinox grumbling.

He stretched forward, elongating his feline form and spreading his claws, yawned widely and then padded through the door-less entry to the bridge. He stopped a few paces inside the door and looked around. Sensing the irritation from Rhinox and seeing Rattrap intently focused on a computer monitor, he decided to lighten the mood and he plastered a cheesy grin on his face, trotting the rest of the way into the room.

"Hey! Can't a cat get any sleep around here? You'll have the neighbors complaining."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bridge, Axalon:

Rattrap: -waving absently at Cheetor- "Ahh, da neighbors ain't gonna wake up fa thousands'a years yet." -trying to figure out how to have a saved set of datatracks override somebody's shell programming- "Hmmm.....mm?" -looks up, sees the long range sensor display warning light going off, spins chair around, moves over to the holodisplay table, starts entering in commands- "Guys, we got somthin' out at da edge'a da sensa grid. It's flyin', and I ain't readin' Pred energy signatures." -activates commlink- "Yo, Boss Monkey!! Boid Dog!! Fish-face!! We got somthin' out over da ocean headed towards shore. One'a you flyin' types wanna go give it a look-see?"

"Throne Room", Pred Base:

Dinobot: -robot mode, riding a hover platform, stops it before Megatron- "What is your command, Megatron?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Cheetor made a *pffft* noise at Rattrap. "What am I? Catatonic?"

Cheetor took a good look at the grid and then prepared to launch himself skyward. Suddenly though, he changed his mind and sat down.

"Any chance it's a predacon trick?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Silverbolt felt the air rush by under his wings, and flapped them once to increase his altitude. The tracker was about to take a practice dive down at an unsuspecting rodent (which, of course, he would have carefully avoided harming) when Rattrap's comm call came through.

"I can investigate," he told the Transmetalized spy. "Do we have any idea what it might be?"

The Fuzor arced back towards the shoreline, his graceful aerial movements belying the fact that his beast mode was as much ground-based as airborne.