[Original RPG] End of the Line: Battlefronts (Other) Cont'd

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

End of the Line: Battlefronts (Other) Cont'd

Post by Scout »

BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex Bridge

" Understood Red " replied Magnus to Red Alert, " but we need a quickly retrieval. The truce forbids any Autobot - and 'con - to stay on Earth, and Metroplex will lift off now. Ah, one more thing: tell the Protectobots to recover Cosmos too. He is still near Cuba. Magnus out. "

The citybot's main thrusters engaged, and Metroplex started his journey towards the meeting point on The Moon.

( occ: should I move to the 'space' thread now? :confused: )
Elcor
Protoform

Balearic Islands:

Post by Elcor »

As Metroplex rose, a group of Autobots was left standing there... with Kickback amongst them. The Insecticon looked around, spotted the Protectobots who must be accompanying him on his mission, and decided to ask them.

"Excuse me" - he addressed the biggest of them - "but if we are about to travel together, what our transport will be?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Medbay. Metroplex

Functionality: 65.7%

These words flashed into Fastlane's optics. A brush of static interference ran along his visor as his sight returned. He was on a bio-bed. This was good. He ran a systems check that showed a time log when damage was repaired. Apparently, the arm he thought was missing before had been replaced and his memory banks registered it as being obliterated earlier. The Autobot clone was impressed at First Aid's skills. He knew that he was in no condition to move, but was glad just to be online.

"First Aid," he said normally, "Thank you so very much."
"One shall stand. One shall fall." -
Optimus Prime
Scout

Post by Scout »

ooc: welcome back X-Bot! Little bit of a flashback to help get Fastlane rolling again. :) Sorry- not sure why Brave's not posting, so we'll work around the minibots for now.

~prior to First Aid leaving~

"There we go. Now your systems are catching up." First Aid spoke gently to the impulsive Fastlane.

The medic didn't need to reprimand, he was certain Fastlane had filed away the consequences.

"You're welcome my friend. Now just take it easy, rest and let your repair systems complete the connections with the new repairs. If you need anything, Hound can get it while the minibots are finishing up on Rosdos."

~Forward to scene with Kickback~
Hot Spot had just finished telling Blades over his internal radio that he wasn't allowed to squish the insecticon when Kickback arrived.

He anssered directly.
"Defensor will be the transport for all of us. Ready team- combine!"

In a matter of moments the Protectobots had formed the gestalt and gently scooped up Kickback. With a leap, they were airborne and heading away from Metroplex.

"What are the directions, Decepticon?"
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Off Balearic coast, heading WSW:

Kickback wasn't accustomed to being grabbed by gestalts; in fact, this was his first such experience... and he wasn't particularily glad to have it. But, nevertheless, he had no choice - so he tried to sound as calm as possible and answered to Defensor:

"Errr... We start from here, then head to Peru, course 240, I believe... I'll give you corrections when we reach the coast of South American Continent..."

I've never travelled this way before - he thought to himself - and I do wonder how he intends to transport the three of us back...

Wait a minute - Red Alert said that all Transformers are to leave Earth! So, we won't be transported _back_ - rather to their rendeuz-vois point... or to main Autobot base... wherever it is...

Well, this must be thought over, and I have some time for it...

-OOC: Posting for Cosmos as verytired asked

Off the coast of molten Cuba:

Cosmos was still busy tugging his improvised barge with energon containers. He expected some backup - after all, he asked Ultra Magnus for it a while ago... But even if he wasn't about to receive it, he was intent to deliver his cargo.

Better bring it to some coast and call a shuttle from Fort Max, if they could spare one. Too bad I can't fit both containers inside my subspace! Well - I couldn't fit even one of them, if it matters...

Darn!

A particularily high wave made the barge shudder, and for a nanobreem Cosmos thought the wire is going to split. He descended almost to the wavecrests, letting the wire slack a bit, then resumed his progress to the coast carefully...

To the coast of South America, as it happened.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Entry, Metroplex

(OOC: I vote Metro stays in this thread until we get to the rendezvous point. It's easier this way. :))

Red Alert had dropped a few paces back from the group as they brought Kickback to the hangar, so that he could listen to Magnus' comm without being overheard. As the citybot lifted off, he (along with Hubcap and Artfire) had a spectactuar view of the takeoff, standing on the city's main ramp.

"I'll have our communications officer pass that last order along," he told the city commander, shouting so he could be heard over the gale-force winds that whipped around the flying city. "Also, Kickback mentioned that there was another potential energon stash on Cuba. I'm sending you the coordinates he gave me, if you'd like to investigate."

As Red was talking, Hubcap opened a channel to Defensor. "Hey, big guy! Magnus wants you to swing past Cuba and find Cosmos while you're out. Can you do that?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

In flight to Cuba
"Coordinates... accepted." Defensor replied to Kickback before becoming silent.

For a while, the giant gestalt was being controlled primarily by Streetwise's thoughts. The interceptor was busy alerting the team to the possibility of trouble with handling Bombshell, when rather suddenly Hubcap's transmission came through. Defensor as a whole took over again.

"We will assist Cosmos on our way to the destination."

Defensor switched radio frequencies.
"Cosmos, what are your location coordinates?"
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex

( OOC: OK! :) )

Ultra Magnus, from his command chair, focused on Metroplex main screens reading all the availible data. With the Protectobots sent to retrieve Cosmos and the remainig Insecticons, the citybot flying over Europe and the last battle repairs almost finished, the city commander felt finally relaxed.

" Sir ", said Scamper. " I'd finished the diagnostic of Metroplex's main CPU. "

Magnus looked at the drone and nodded. " Send it to my terminal, and send a copy for Red Alert too. "

Scamper nodded and sent a copy of the report to Magnus' station and Red Alert's office.

---

Fort Max Corridors

Six Gun looked at Joyride. If the drone had had lips, he surely would have smiled.

" We're flying again Joyride! We're going to return home at last! "
Rollerdash
Protoform

Post by Rollerdash »

*Arcee stood behind Ultra Magnus.*

"How much longer to the rendezvous point?"
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Over Caribbean:

Cosmos had acknowledged Defensor's signal:

"My coordinates? 19 degrees North Latitude, 77.2 West Longitude by local standards. Approaching some island. I believe it is Jamaica."

Thinking over the situation, he added:

"Contact me when you'll reach Caribbean. I'll activate a direction beacon for you."

Then Cosmos shut down the comm link and concentrated back on bringing the barge on course. He swore silently over a thousand times already that he had foung these Primus-forsaken energon containers - but, if he did, he simply had to deliver them.

Approaching the coast, he started to evaluate the beachline to find the spot where he could ground his improvised barge...

Over Atlantic:

Kickback registered the change of course almost momentarily - after all, he wasn't too busy riding in Defensor's hand.

"Excuse me, but why are we seem to be changing course?" - he asked, trying to be as polite as he could be. After all, the Autobot gestalt could crush him easily in his massive fist, and then report back to Red Alert that it was an accidental damage... This kind of outcome was unacceptable to the clever Insecticon.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex Bridge

Ultra Magnus turned back and looked at Arcee.

" We'll arrive in an hour or so, human time " he replied to her, " but we'll stay in Earth until the Protectobots had finished their mission and returned here with Cosmos and the Insecticons. "
Scout

Post by Scout »

Carribean
"Already over the Carribean Cosmos. We'll be to your location shortly." Defensor replied before looking at Kickback.

"We are picking up a fellow Autobot's cargo that he cannot hold. Once we have completed the pickup, we will return to our previous course."
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Metroplex, Corridors

"Sounds great," Joyride said to Six Gun, " I can't wait to return"

Home huh? But what about the humans and possible Decepticons still based here?, he thought as he walked into the medbay.

Functionality: 75%

Fastlane's systems continued to repair itself.
Optimus Prime
Elcor
Protoform

Jamaica coast:

Post by Elcor »

"Great", - Cosmos replied to Defensor a bit sarcastically. He was jealous a bit of gestalt's speed; besides, he knew that Defensor could carry both containers easily.

Then why it's me who had to go over the sea with this pit-slaggin' barge?

He grounded the barge finally on a sand beach, then transformed and landed beside it, activating the beacon. Soon, the large form of Protectobots' gestalt appeared on the horison.

Kickback was still riding in Defensor's hand, engrossed in thoughts.
A fellow Autobot's cargo? What kind of cargo? We seem to be close to Cuba - could it be... No, no, that's impossible!.. Or is it?

His thoughts were interrupted as a coastline came into view. There he spotted a greenish Autobot - called Cosmos, he believed - and beside him, some kind of floating craft with a very familiar cargo in it!

"These containers belong to me!" - he cried aloud, forgetting for a moment that he wasn't in a position to make demands.

"Like Smelting Pit they do", - Cosmos answered, hearing the remark. "I've found them, and they belong to Autobots."

"Does the Decepticon insignia on the side means anything to you?" - Kickback couldn't hold himself.

"Yea - it means I can take them as spoils of war. Now, bug off!" - and Cosmos addressed the gestalt instead:

"Hey Defensor - could you lend me a hand with these containers? They seem to be full of first-grade energon!"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Metroplex, Medbay
Hound went over to Fastlane and sat down on a nearby table.

"How're you feeling?"

----------------
"We will carry them." Defensor replied firmly as he landed and set Kickback down on the barge. "Most likely this is stolen energon, and we will let the leaders decide what to do with them back at base.

Cosmos, you may accompany us to look for the remaining Insecticons or you may return to Metroplex."

Defensor reached down and hauled up the entire barge.
"Let us continue to Cuba."
Elcor
Protoform

Jamaica coast:

Post by Elcor »

"They are stolen, and here's the thief!" - Kickback jumped up and down on the barge deck, furious.

"Bugger off!.." - Cosmos was clearly having fun. "Oh, what a pity that I forgot my Insecticide spray..."

"Have it your way, then", - Kickback calmed down suddenly (deciding that he'll persuade the Bots responsive for that energon later). "But I say we don't have to go to Cuba - we must travel South, to Peru, where my teammates are."

"Here I agree, Defensor", - Cosmos added suddenly - there's nothing to be gained on Cuba, lava's all over the island. A desolate place, like Mercury."

He thought about the invitation for a while.

"If you think I'll be useful to you in recovering the Insecticons, I'll go. Else I'd better leave to Moon as soon as possible... It'd be better to get there among the first".

It wasn't the exact truth; in fact, Cosmos had an idea to visit the Arc and tell goodbye to Earth... but that was a personal matter for him, and he didn't wanted to tell it to anybody.

Leave to Moon!!! - Kickback got the word that slipped from Cosmos's mouth instantly.
So, they aren't leaving the Earth for good - they just move to the Moon... And Decepticons are too, obviously... Combined with the truce I've heard of, this could mean only one thing:
The combined force of Autobots and Decepticons is to retake Cybertron!
And
THAT fact must be evaluated from all possible angles... in the aspects of what can be gained from it to us, Insecticons???

"Have you got enough fuel for all the trip, Autobot - not only to the Moon but further, to Cybertron? Perhaps you've loaded yourself with stolen energon?" - the clever Insecticon jibed at Cosmos, intent to learn if his assumptions were correct.

"I don't need to steal - I take what I need at Fortress Maximus or at Metroplex! Unlike you stealing Cons, we do not steal!" - the Autobot replied angrily, not taking the ruse.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
X-Bot
Protoform

Post by X-Bot »

Medbay, Metroplex

Fastlane grinned at Hound.

"Well let's put it this way," he said, "As my brother Cloudraker used to say, 'Thank the Matrix I wasn't built with pain receptors."

Just then Joyride entered the room and was relieved to see that Fastlane was not offline. Joyride decided to keep things upbeat as to not make his friend's recovery any more miserable than it looked.

"Hey Doc," Joyride said to First Aid, "I got you another one to fix up. Look's like Six Gun has seen some better days."
Optimus Prime
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Metroplex, Med Bay

Six Gun, suddenly disturbed, stepped backwards.

" I'm fine " he told Joyride and Hound, stepping to the door.

(ooc: X-Bot, I think First Aid right now is over Jamaica... :p )
Scout

Post by Scout »

Medbay, Metroplex
Hound laughed. "Lucky you! That can be a real advantage. Some of us could do with a few less." He grinned for a moment and then remembered his energon canister. The scout chided Fastlane gently - big energon explosions do hurt- it's good to avoid them- means less work for the medics. And besides, now we're going to be working with Decepticons. We'll all need to be in top condition."
-------------------
En Route to Peru

Defensor had adjusted his course while Cosmos and Kickback were arguing. He remained quiet, ignoring the dispute and deliberately not answering Kickback. It wasn't long before Peru came into view.

"Where are they located?"