TFAuctions / new art by Guido Guidi

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Darth Zax
Protoform

new art by guido guidi

Post by Darth Zax »

see it first here

some from armada, some from universe and some of his own.
seems the links appears different per view.
looks very cool :up:
damn you dreamwave :rant:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

He'd be better off dealing with eBay. The site's pretty dead...
Transformerlanduk
Protoform

Post by Transformerlanduk »

Originally posted by Denyer
He'd be better off dealing with eBay. The site's pretty dead...

Seems Guido is backing this site 100% and with over 65 auctions and 200 members i cannot see how this is a dead site Denyer ?

You should be praising these guys instead of destroyinh them before they have even been around long enought to judge.

I met the guys that run this at Auto Assembly and they seemed nice enough, with all the crap that goes on at Ebay we need a place like this.

So try to parise it and dont sestroy a possible good thing.

Heck if Guido and Transrepro are behind it they must have faith right ?

Stephen.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Transformerlanduk
with over 65 auctions
Sufficient to ensure most categories are routinely blank.
Originally posted by Transformerlanduk
with all the crap that goes on at Ebay we need a place like this.
Where there's even less comeback for buyers and sellers, and minimal information to make purchasing decisions on? It's fine as long as early adopters understand the risks. For every recognisable name such as AA or Guido, there are many unknowns.

Fans plus money are an uncomfortable mix, whether it's conventions, underwriting online stores run out of bedrooms, or dealing with people who randomly email you—the latter of which I've done many times, but wouldn't recommend with objects of more than token value.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Isn't TF Auctions just Jack Hurwitz's latest attempt to squeeze money out of TF fans?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

TFormers guy? Is he running it? That'd explain the banner ad at TFAuctions...

I doubt there's much money to be made.
darkratbat
Protoform

Ebay

Post by darkratbat »

i dont see why people are in the stone ages in general regards to auctions. TFauctions started in march in its self and so has been looking o helping the general fan.

Its not easy to find a web site thats looking to help the general fan and also taking into account of Ebay so far this is non stop problems with people unable to sor out a correct price for postage and many other things of which would take me forever to list.

If the Transformer fans are taken care of i see this as an auction which cares about the fans. Also taking into account Transrepro and Guido are helping on the site they see this on a general basis and believe this is the way forward.

Tformers as i know helped to promote the site because they are behind them as well and see the benefit of the site.

The bottom line is whats more important taking care of the fans or taking money.

So far tfauctions is more focused on this and also they are the ones helping on the charity auction for auto assembly 2006.

And they will be there

The darkratbat
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I don't want people coming in here bashing/slagging off/defending other sites. We leave that type of thing to other places.

You have been warned.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by darkratbat
whats more important taking care of the fans or taking money.
Taking care of fans. Thus far, several large financial ventures "by fans for fans" of the last few years (including a convention, online stores, and merchandise spun off from a board) have blown up in the faces of those involved. I'm personally in favour of, say, a measure of open trading on forums, but can entirely see why a board might not want to expose itself to the range of problems it can lead to.

Phrases in the FAQ such as "The site admin will reserve its right to delete malicious or untrue feedbacks" suggest there are already thoughts toward personal involvement in arbitration. For those hoping to avoid eBay, most sellers are dealing by preference through PayPal, which is owned and operated by eBay.

Always deal in full knowledge and transparency.

My initial comment was actually in the spirit of hoping to see Guido make some money, not as a bash on a business venture—since we're here, though, feel free to elaborate why I should blindly praise a site that's been operating for months without openly stating its means of resolving disputes, which doesn't seem to have any running auctions with bids.

It's a nice enough idea. Where's the financial backing and consumer support?
darkratbat
Protoform

support

Post by darkratbat »

This would help if a you was a member which i wouldn't believe and then maybe you may see what there is available support i know there is on the site.

People ask questions and they get an answer people which openly look to bad mouth site which are not members show that shallowness is always breeding among the dishearted. I so far have not heard of anything bad towards the site not even from the members in general.

why don't you join up see how it is and put down a first hand experience rather then trying to put points about the artist which has had no joy in the past on ebay when tryed to sell one of his items.

i respect people selling items on forums if people dont wish to sell on ebay but on forums it gets to the fans but also sites such as tfauctions are getting more noticed everyday as a house hold name.

i respect your comments and take them to hand and hope you may find everything you want on tfauctions or ebay which ever you choose and wonder if anyone knows of someone selling a black leo convoy

you never know

Dark ratbat
darkratbat
Protoform

just a bit of extra news

Post by darkratbat »

the guy which started tfauctions started on ebay and worked his way up. You have to respect a guy which started with nothing and is trying to build this up.

TF @ the moon was sitting next to tfauctions at the AA2005 show they put a lot of work into the site even had one guy which dosent even sell on ebay which is in singapore. due to the bad feedback noticed on these people. saying postage will cost £11 + item cost etc and it says the person is located in uk.

If you have any further thoughts please feel free to ask because all this forum right now is doing is getting TFauctions noticed more and the more you try to slag off the site.

I know most of it is not true and either way as a member its a shallow comment in any case which should not be noted as true

Dark ratbat
TFauctions.com
Protoform

TFauctions.com Answers some questions

Post by TFauctions.com »

Ok ive just been telephoned about a recent thread on tfarchive about our site tfauctions.

Ive read everything that been written and agree on some comments and dont on others.

Firstly this site isnt owned by Jack Hurwitz but is indeed a very good freind of mine, the reason for his banner on our site is simple. Its there to generate money for the site and so help improve on things that need improving. An example of this is SSL, we are now fully SSl and its all thanks to advertising. We also have a close working relationship with TFormers because we sent out over 19 emails to the BIG sites when we started up and they were one of the few that got in touch and said " hey u know what this sounds like a good idea, people are sick of ebay now".

We have today had a great banner made by stonecoldskywarp and have the banner in full swing on tfarchive, in return we are having a tfarchive banner on our site and even a possible sponsor button on our main page.

Denyer your comments are extremly well writtin and im somewhat at ore of you, you are right the feedback quote is an issue we will be changing and take your comments very seriously. I hate to sound like a creep but maybe in due time you could jump on board and admin our forum ?

Please guys lets keep it with the fans and not destroy it before its getting there?

Thanks for your time and your comments, Denyer the offer is open mate ?

David

TFauctions.com Team Leader
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

This would help if a you was a member which i wouldn't believe and then maybe you may see what there is available support i know there is on the site.
So people join, and then they get online help and a FAQ which answers pertinent questions? Perhaps people would have the incentive to use the site if this information were provided up front.

edit:

I've joined, and no there isn't.
all this forum right now is doing is getting TFauctions noticed more and the more you try to slag off the site.
So I'm slagging them off by wondering what happens when (if) the service becomes popular and disputes arise? Hmm.

This may be getting the site noticed, but "there's no such thing as bad publicity" only works for selling newspapers and other topical media.
darkratbat
Protoform

Support

Post by darkratbat »

have you not noticed there is a contact number on the site for help if need be so you speak to a human being and not wait 5 days for an answer.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

How many bloody threads do we still need for discussing TFAuctions?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
darkratbat
Protoform

support

Post by darkratbat »

did you not notice a contact number for the site on the web site.

Thats called a human being a also there is online help via aol msn message

even a phone number there that saves a 6 day waiting list

[merged]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by TFauctions.com
Denyer your comments are extremly well writtin and im somewhat at ore of you, you are right the feedback quote is an issue we will be changing and take your comments very seriously. I hate to sound like a creep but maybe in due time you could jump on board and admin our forum ?
Sorry dude, time's thin enough as it is. I do wish you luck in the venture, and reckon you're unfortunately likely to need it once business warms up.

Since you're here... what's the situation with regard to protecting or underwriting users of TFAuctions who eventually have the misfortune to run across a seller who vanishes without delivering? Is there any legal and binding contract being formed by use of the service?

I've no great love for eBay or PayPal; they're monolithic entities—the former weighted towards sellers (who pay directly into their pockets) and the latter often heavyhanded in dealing with buyer complaints and credit card scammers.

It would be reassuring from the fan perspective to have transparency and indication of a clear business plan from the outset, including fraud resolution.
did you not notice a contact number for the site on the web site.
See above. Users should not be in the position of having to solicit information from staff—especially when providing it in clear and available format is likely to attract new members. Which is in the interests of everyone using the service, yes?
darkratbat
Protoform

denyar

Post by darkratbat »

no probs denyar

Darkratbat
TFauctions

Post by TFauctions »

Seems to me this is all getting a little out of hand.

We're Transformer fans, we used to buy and sell Transformers on E-bay for our own collections and we got sick of paying over the odds in fees, having no 'live' feedback option if anything went wrong and of getting ripped off (occasionally) in general by so called 'legit' sellers.

We make NOTHING from this site. Any money we do raise will go back into the site to make it even better to use or, god forbid, maybe treat ourselves to something a little special from the rarities section.

We've invested about two grand of our own money so far in trying to get it off the ground and in the main we've been helped out by various other Transformer fans who also maintain the sites you visit every day from their own pockets.

Been really hard to understand why certain sections of the Transformer fanbase have reacted the way they have but I guess that's what makes the world go round eh.

For anyone that's concerned. If you have any suspicians about an auctions then don't bid and simply contact us (via e-mail or TELEPHONE) with full details and we'll check the seller out for you.

If we tell you they're legit and they turn out not to be then we'll re-imburse ANY monies lost without question.

If you don't ask us then it's a case of Caveat Emptor my friend, just like in every other business.

Now do me a favour and e-mail E-bay with the same question. See how they respond ;)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I don't doubt anyone's intentions. As a vote of confidence, I seem to be the sole person bidding on anything at time of writing.
Originally posted by TFauctions
Been really hard to understand why certain sections of the Transformer fanbase have reacted the way they have
Some possible reasons:

—Lack of activity. Something of a catch 22, that one, as a site needs active users to attract active users.
—The commonest online payment option seen is run and owned by eBay.
—The site is built around off-the-shelf software, with the default templates and help text in place.
—News items haven't been proofed.

That's constructive feedback, and the last of those is something that could easily be amended to be more professional.
If you have any suspicians about an auctions then don't bid and simply contact us (via e-mail or TELEPHONE) with full details and we'll check the seller out for you.

If we tell you they're legit and they turn out not to be then we'll re-imburse ANY monies lost without question.
Headline that in the FAQ. It's good to hear and will likely inspire confidence. :)
If you don't ask us then it's a case of Caveat Emptor my friend, just like in every other business. Now do me a favour and e-mail E-bay with the same question.
Automatic protection up to about a hundred quid, which is before we get into PayPal being aggressive on behalf of buyers (an excellent reason not to use them for receiving payment for large ticket items.) It helps if you're a existing customer of theirs and frequent claimants are likely to be regarded with suspicion, but the service is there as standard. The company has the advantage of being large enough and taking enough revenue to absorb those claims.

Essentially, a user should not be in the position of having to guess whether a seller is reputable or make specific query every time they use the service—especially during the early stages whilst feedback builds.