2000 AD

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
electro girl

2000 AD

Post by electro girl »

So my year group took a visit to Hull uni on tuesday for a seminar on student life and during the break I went to the shop and was promptly pointed towards the comics. They had MWOM and 2000 AD, I'd never read one before and I only knew of Judge Dread so I picked it up and found it pretty enjoyable inspite of joining the Judge Dread storyline at part 3 but I still got the jist. I havnt got this weeks yet as my news agent dosent stock it but I'm considering picking it up more regularlly.

So I wanna know if there are any storylines you would recomend and/or what you think of them and/or 2000 AD?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

None of the subtlety that the previous story-arc apparently had (never read it, but it's on the list to pick up one day -- I know about this one because a friend of mine collected 2000AD for years), just good ol' fun and beautiful painted art...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ABC-Warriors-Kh ... 904265499/

Some background on the cast --

http://www.dreamnation.fsnet.co.uk/abc.html

General review site with some art previews --

http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/site/cont ... tion/5/54/
roperbot
Protoform

Post by roperbot »

try to find the ballard of halo jones,chopper song of the surfer,nemesis the warlock,abc warriors,dark judges -judge death
ive read and enjoyed these
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

YaaAAAAAAAA Nemosis: the mwarlock!! ONe of my toatlly vbiased farvourite colcs efve. r Nemaissi and Th egothic empire is in my mind a milesronz of stempunk, illusurtayted by LKevin Moore; nonless :) There's mek-kwek anf all the acb warriers in it too.

Couldnn't reccmmend it enough:^^
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The BBC Cult website, though defunct, still has links up to listen to some of the Big Finish 2000 AD plays which apparently still work:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/comics/audio/index.shtml

All are great, but special props to I [Heart] Judge Dredd and the two Strontium Dog plays with a pre big super fame Simon Pegg showing he can play it straight.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Thanks for the great link I D, I didnt know that comics from that era looked so good.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

6ish years ago? Yup, a primitive dark age where good looking comic art is indeed the surprise.

And that's not even mentioning its a link to a bunch of radio plays. i know the pictures are better on radio but...
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

inflatable dalek wrote:6ish years ago? Yup, a primitive dark age where good looking comic art is indeed the surprise.

And that's not even mentioning its a link to a bunch of radio plays. i know the pictures are better on radio but...
:lol: I was refering to the classic comic from 1979 on the page. Also my radio isnt HD so its a bit naff.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

electro girl wrote:I was refering to the classic comic from 1979 on the page.
**** you, ignorant. Reg Bunn would take most modern artists apart. Then there's Ted Kearnon, Eric Bradbury, Jesùs Blasco, Giorgio Trevisan and, to be fair, just about anyone else from the Fleetway stable. and that's just from this country.

I get that you know nothing about comics, but that being the case it would be advisable to avoid broadbrush statements.
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

Get the five Strontium Dog trades from Rebellion covering the issues in Starlord and its' run in 2000ad up to the end of The Final Solution. Four of them in big essential style books at about a tenner on Amazon. The fifth is smaller but glossy paper stock and the painted stuff is in full colour.

Also in November The Complete Ro-Busters makes it's debut - huzzah!

Andy
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think I'll subscribe as my newsagent dosent sell it and it'll be a nice addition to my comic collection as it makes a change to the marvel collectors editions.