February TF comics, including movie prequel comic [SPOILERS] + Chris Ryall interview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

February TF comics solicits, including movie prequel comic info [MILD SPOILERS]

Post by Denyer »

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... idwfeb.htm

Before the live-action Transformers movie spectacularly explodes onto theater screens next summer, read the official beginning of the story right here! In this four-part prequel to the film, "Prime Directive" written by Ryall and Furman and featuring artist Don Figeruoa's take on the movie characters, travel from Cybertron to Earth as we see what momentous events led to the Transformers bringing their war to our world. In issue one, Bumblebee and a cadre of Autobots experience the lethal battle of Tyger Pax!

Ignore the image to the right of the text -- CC have put it there by mistake.

edit:

And there's an interview with Chris Ryall. Thanks to GeO --

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30643#13
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

So, what is that picture from? Is that Goldbug lying on the ground!?!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://www.tfarchive.com/comics/marvel/?s=us_21_30#30

^ It's Nick Roche's take on this story, in the Generations issue (which will be #11 rather than #12 -- that's another inconsistency in CC's solicits listing.)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Okay, I'm taking bets now on people wanking off over Figueroa's take on the movie models, even if they look exactly the same as the concept boards we've seen so far. Just like people were so amazed at how well he can draw DVD stills...
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Okay, I'm taking bets now on people wanking off over Figueroa's take on the movie models, even if they look exactly the same as the concept boards we've seen so far. Just like people were so amazed at how well he can draw DVD stills...
Really? I was actually a little disappointed with the art in the movie comic. (or are you talking about the drawings on the DVD menus?)

And, I was really disappointed with the quality of the comic adaptation of the movie. Incorrect bubble text placement (like Perceptor talking to himself, or people having the wrong lines...like Hot Rod diagnosing Prime's fatal wounds). It must have really been rushed through QC which is disappointing.

Anywho, to bring this back to subject...don't you think we've probably already seen one of his takes on the movie designs with the one set of pics of Jazz we've seen? That's my guess anyway.
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

IDW rush out a comic for a quick buck (like, for instance, a scattershot, badly-planned and edited set of reprints of material which is freely avaliable in trades?)? Doubt it...
Originally posted by Brimstone
Really? I was actually a little disappointed with the art in the movie comic. (or are you talking about the drawings on the DVD menus?)

To Don (can't be bothered to do the code; can I have an emoticon shortcut? ;)) fanboys, the actual quality of the art is neither here nor there. It only matters that Don did it (they all know him well enough to refer to him as Don at all times... surnames are superfluous when you put Trainbots in the background), and it therefore is superior. CF the piss-poor F4 #1 cover homage.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

(they all know him well enough to refer to him as Don at all times... surnames are superfluous when you put Trainbots in the background)

Or perhaps some of us just can't spell Figer...Figur... his surname?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Lots of people can't spell "Aerialbots", it never stops them...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Lots of people can't spell "Aerialbots", it never stops them...

But if we just said "those flying autobots" it would cause huge and cataclysmic confussion as it could refer just as easily to Swwop, Springer, Jetfire ect ect.

When we talk about a Don drawing IDW comics it can only really refer to one guy (unless they bring Don Perlin out of retirement. Or Don King takes a carea change...)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!