Transformers #3 Preview

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Transformers #3 Preview

Post by zigzagger »

5-page preview for Transformers Ongoing #3 has been posted @ newsarama.com.

ImageImageImageImageImage
glazios

Post by glazios »

Really hope Hot Rod knows what he's doing... three Stunticons, two Constructicons and a Combaticon equals one hell of a mess if they decide to make one; Mixmaster and Hook could kick up all kinds of hell by themselves, as could Motormaster and his two cronies. Onslaught... I don't want to think about the collateral right there...

And what the hell's Magnus's deal? Ironhide died, Prime pulled the plug. What's to investigate?
Starfield
Protoform

Post by Starfield »

glazios wrote: And what the hell's Magnus's deal? Ironhide died, Prime pulled the plug. What's to investigate?
Previously he was mostly concerned with Cybertronian tech getting into the wrong hands. Maybe he suspects that. The human mech suits or something? That part could be interesting.
glazios

Post by glazios »

Starfield wrote:Previously he was mostly concerned with Cybertronian tech getting into the wrong hands. Maybe he suspects that. The human mech suits or something? That part could be interesting.
Hmm... maybe. He was a bit peeved with the whole Scorponok/Headmaster dealy; maybe he's making sure that TFs aren't used to develop more technolgical advances like the rifle they cobbled together from Shockwave's gun-arm?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

See, that's why I don't like Don's new art that much. It worked for some guys, like Optimus or Huffer. For some, though... I have no idea it was Jetfire until I realize his name is printed at the bottom left, most likely because it's cross-bred with the ROTF design.. With, say, Stormbringer, I could tell it's Jetfire within two seconds of looking at the picture.

A good sign, though, if Onslaught isn't turned into his Universe body.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

How come seaspray dont get a name tag? Damn, that aint fair.

May be reading wrong but I like Hot Rod turning into a manipulative git to get his own way. Its interesting (altough I cant see quite why they choose Hot Rod for this role)

I kinda laughed at the magnus scene. Seems like someone hasnt accepted that with the war being effectively over, they no longer have a purpose.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Hot Rod's pipe's look like Wolverine's claws....muhahahahah...as much as I love UM, I really think the whole police enforcer bot role stinks and I hope Prime whomps the dog out of him.
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

"What is he talking about?"

"Shh!"

Amusing, Ultra Magnus has become P.C. Nicholas Angel! I like it.
minimus-minor

Post by minimus-minor »

I have to agree on the Jetfire design front. His design looks awesome but doesn't look like Jetfire. I'm not sure about my view of Roddy's personality as being his badass, no-nonsense one from the cartoon anymore. But anyway, I like the art, even if the movie-fied faces look the same (as in the movie, ironically).

But that's just me.
Freedom is not dispensed here, sentient fools, only death! *BLAM*