Figure Stands?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
ganon578

Figure Stands?

Post by ganon578 »

Something like this is probably buried around here and covered long ago, but I figured searching for 'stands' was way too vague.

Anyways, I just got CW Leader Starscream, and I was curious if there were any good figure stands out there to hold a TF this size, in both robot or jet mode. Looking to have some good 'in air' poses for my shelf.

I'm not really looking to bust my wallet - the point of getting CW Starscream was to severely undercut the MP price. Just curious what's out there and size appropriate for him. And I'm a noob with stands - never bought one before.

Any help is appreciated!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

For vehicle modes there's these - HLJ also sells them, but while they're cheaper on the official website, they give you no information on shipping costs at all anywhere on the site, which is kind of annoying.

And as for robot modes, I guess regular Tamashii stands work. In fact, they'll probably work for vehicle modes as well, provided you just stick several struts on the base for the vehicle to rest on.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I saw the Tamashii stands - they look pretty good and aren't that expensive. There's a cool one I found on Amazon that's only $15 and comes out in October. Seems like it should be OK since it comes with three arms.

Seems like that should be good to handle both modes.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

I have two of those and I have to be honest, they're a bit cack when it comes to displaying vehicular modes - all those arms holding up one (comparably) tiny vehicle looks really distracting.

Unless you just hide the stand behind other toys. That might work.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

What about the Act.5? They're roughly the same price and don't have the massive support beams in the trident version. It seems by the description that they come with a few support beams and what not.

Likely part of the base will be behind other figures too.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

That might work.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

That's what I'm thinking.

Thanks for the input!