Ebenezeer Scourge

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Cliffjumper

Ebenezeer Scourge

Post by Cliffjumper »

Okay, the world's most insane completist has collected every Transformer made and released right up until yesterday. However, in the night he was visited by three spirits or past, present and future, and now realises unless he changes he will die alone and afraid.

So, he wants to give his collection away. Which ONE figure would you take?

EDIT: Oh, and it's first come first served, so I've already nabbed me Graphy.

DISCLAIMER: THIS ISN'T REAL, I'M JUST ASKING YOU IF YOU COULD PICK ONE TRANSFORMERS FIGURE YOU DON'T HAVE WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Does he collect 3rd party? If yes, I will take the whole City Commander thing. If not, I will take Predaking with all CrazyDevy upgrades. If still no, the complete Fortress Maximus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

That's a hell of a question, actually. I do have a list of stuff that I'd like to get, but it's built on real-world ideas like "am I willing to pay what this figure costs?" For a lot of older stuff the answer is a pretty definite 'no', so it being free would totally change my thinking.

Since the guy's an insane completist, I think it's safe to assume that every figure is either MISB, or at the very least comes with all of it's accessories and parts. In that case I'll say G1 Scorponok. It's a figure I always coveted as a kid, and so far it's the only physical representation of one of my very favourite characters. It's also very hard to find one that's not missing at least one piece, and very expensive to complete one on your own or buy one that has all the accessories. It's also something that I'll never own in the real world, because of the price and because his easy-to-lose accessories are almost essential (as opposed to Trypticon, who's a great toy even if -- like mine -- the only accessory you've got is Full-Tilt).
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The presumably still MISB Liokaiser box set that he'll have. If Liokaiser doesn't count as one figure..... Fort Max.

While I've been looking for Star Convoy longer, they at least reissued him......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Good topic.

I think after careful consideration, it'd have to be TF1 Bumblebee. Or maybe ROTF Bumblebee. Heck, no, DOTM Bumblebee!!! What's that? There are more characters than the 'bee? Wow.

Seriously, I think I'd be torn between a minty fresh G1 OP (I miss my old, broken trailer :( ), G1 Metroplex (just for the awesome feeling of opening the box again), and G1 Shockwave.

I'll go for G1 Shockwave to fill a logical gap in my G1 / Classics shelves.

Hmm, can I really only pick one? G1 Hound & Mirage would also be amazing...
Wreck and Rule!
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Damn. Well if you nailed graphy I want his partner.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I'll just take this minty fresh Overlord here.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
StarscreamX
Protoform

Post by StarscreamX »

I think I'll take a G1 Trypticon. I like him because he talks like he should be wearing a smoking jacket and sipping on a brandy even though he's a big bitey thing that looks like a robot Godzilla. If Stephen Fry was a Transformer I think he'd probably be Trypticon.
Decepticons forever!

Across the universe...the dead will rise :devil:

The secrets of the Universe reveal themselves to those who listen

Nobody likes you when you're dead
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Hurm, I suppose I'd go with Victory Deathsaurus. The rest of you can have your dino-cassettes and city-bots, I just want the robot space-chicken.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Wheeljack.

There's no need to go for Mirage, I just pretend mine in invisible.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Generation One Swoop.

In the last week, I've gotten three of the original Dinobots, which I always wanted as a kid. The only ones I'm missing are Sludge and Swoop, and since Sludge is ridiculously easy to get hold of, that leaves Swoop.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Changed my mind. Can I put G1 Shockers back and nab G1 Jetfire instead? I haven't opened him, honest, guv! ;)

How could I forget G1 Jetfire? What an amazing looking toy. Huge and solid looking, with loads of accessories? Count me in!
Wreck and Rule!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I think I would take...Energon Divebomb. He's a cool little toy, and mine's missing his energon weapons.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

You came up with this whole thing based on a pun, didn't you?

For me, probably just a G1 Galvatron. I've been beaten to Overlord and Deathasaurus . . .
I like bears.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I'm a bit Scroogey myself, so I'd probably find out which one was worth the most, hawk it on Ebay, and buy several less expensive ones, like Snarl and Sludge to finish out my G1 Dinobots.

Honestly though, I can't really think of anything that I've been saying "If I only had the money!" over. My buying has really throttled back and I'm more into finding bargains than particular figures.
Hound

Post by Hound »

g1 Overlord
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Clay

Post by Clay »

G1 Squeezeplay.

Yes, really.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

He's the first Transformer I ever sold on Ebay. I had never really considered it before, but out of curiosity I started checking to see what some of my less favorite ones were going for. It was about 3 minutes after seeing his going price that I started getting the listing ready. :)

On a side note, I stopped at a shop today and saw a bunch of (overpriced) G1 figures. I'm so thankful for the Transformers we have today. So many of those are just plain awful. I like my Classics Cyclonus and Galvatron even more now! So I wouldn't be picking those guys from Ebeneezer's collection.
Sunrunner
Protoform

Post by Sunrunner »

G1 Sparkstalker. Just kidding!

My initial thought was to nab Artfire, but as I can see him being on the reissue list at some point in the future, I reckon I'll go for someone less likely to be making a reappearance.
Can I have a combiner team? If so I'll take Dinoking - godawful altmodes, miniscule combined form, ridiculous rubber shells, but still infinately cooler than the garish Monstructor he shares a mould with. Plus I could make some money flogging on my Goryu & Rairyu figures.
If not, I'll go for Metalhawk. Why? Because the insane completist in me needs him, but even I can't justify paying the prohibitively expensive price tag for a G1 Pretender!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Paul053 wrote:If still no, the complete Fortress Maximus.
In either case, I think I'll take the Japanese Fortress Maximus with his bigass sword(s). :D