IDW to reprint Titan TF UK comic!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

IDW to reprint Titan TF UK comic!

Post by zigzagger »

During a Newsrama interview with editor of Titan UK Transformers Movie Comic, Steve White, it was revealed by IDW's own Chirs Ryall in the commentary section that the TF movie based magazine will see reprint in July (repeat: see Ryall's response in the comments)! Though this doesn't necessarily confirm anything, for those who may have missed out on the action, you just may get your chance.

Incidentally, here's the interview (etc);
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=149284

additional credit goes to tfw2005.com for the heads up!

Not sure what format this will be printed in. TPB or single issues? The former would be nice.

Heh, heh, heh. You know, this all reminds of a previous discussion on the matter....but never mind that
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SNIGGER GAFAW LOL HE HE HE HE.

I am nothing if not magnanimous when right. As for the format, I suppose that depends if the Titan trades of the material will be available in the US or not. Considering the bulk of the UK comics to date have been aimed slightly younger than the IDW Movie material, perhaps something similar to the IDW Animated books?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Great stuff, I'd love to have the strips without all that other shit cluttering them up.

Would it cost IDW any money to reprint them? If not, the idea's a definite goer...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Cliffjumper wrote: Would it cost IDW any money to reprint them? If not, the idea's a definite goer...
I doubt it'll cost them very much if anything, a deal was probably done tit for tat style when they sorted out the rights for Titan to reprint their stuff (in fact, I think it was mentioned at the time it was a possibility wasn't it?). They've just been waiting for enough material to build up to give them a trade/a set number of American style issues. It'll be cheap money for old rope material ala the Marvel reprints, but more recent.

EDIT:

Though reading the article, does White read his own comic?
The first six issues were indeed prequels – more or less vignettes on the lead characters from the movie that form a sort of over-reaching story arc set in the events leading up to the movie – sort of what happened after the war on Cybertron and the subsequent pursuit of the Allspark
There was no hunt for the Allspark in the first six issues, nor any real mention of it after issue 2. The bulk of the Lost in Space Arc was about the three Autobots and one Decepticon who'd been sent through space by the teleport bomb thingey trying to meet up and get back to Cybertron.
issue #8 presented an action-packed tale called “The Search for Scorponok”.
Issue 8 was called Scorpion Sting.

Between this and the claim in the editorial to issue 6 that it showed Jazz coming to Earth (it doesn't) someone needs to at least glance at the stuff they're printing...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek wrote: I suppose that depends if the Titan trades of the material will be available in the US or not.
They didn't have any trouble with the previous reprints, but that doesn't necessarily carry over to this -- they've advertised an 80 page book (which seems thin enough it might be a smaller format) and their license prohibits them from selling the mag itself in the US.