[RID,UT] Since when did Cartoon Network merge with PBS?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
MegaConvoy
Protoform

Since when did Cartoon Network merge with PBS? *Episode 6 Spoilers*

Post by MegaConvoy »

Man, Armada is only half way finished and I'm ALREADY sickened by it.

"Oh please, we gotta save the trees. It gives us oxygen and all that other stuff that makes humans live."

If I wanted to watch somethin on trees, I would watch the Discovery Channel, PBS, National Geographic, or one of them other bulls**t channels. Oh boy, lets continue the Armada bashing. I think I'mma watch 2 more episodes and if it just continues to get worse, then I'm through with it myself.

Edit: Well, I will admit the end of it was alright. I sense a little bit of the original Starscream coming out since he FINALLY got his Minicon and I sense that he may betray Megatron sometime down the line. So I guess I could stomach it for a little while longer. All I can do is pray that the kill off them kids and stop talkin all of that educational bullcrap.

"It's just such ignorance which forever relegates you to the ranks of underlings Starscream!"
-G1 Megatron
bruticus-kaos
Protoform

Post by bruticus-kaos »

Ya that was the biggest waste and time killer I ever saw....they couldnt come up with any story line....so they filled it with a 10 minute tree hugger exhibition.

Well I liked Starscream getting his mini-con and turning into a bada$$ part though
Plasmodium

Re: Since when did Cartoon Network merge with PBS?

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by MegaConvoy
All I can do is pray that the kill off them kids and stop talkin all of that educational bullcrap.

Yup, sadly that will never happen.:( :mad:
epsilon supreme

Post by epsilon supreme »

the show is showing a little improvement... they only called Sparkplug "Leader1" once, and i don't believe they brought HotRod into it this time...
and Starscream does turn out to be a badass... even though he whines way too much...

but i still regret having lost another half hour of time to this pokemon ripoff crap that i shall never get back... never!!!

is there any way we could get the voice actors for the children to come to botcon, where they can be tarred and feathered? i personally would pay any price to beat the fool who voices "Carlos", just for being dumb and annoying, and taking a Hispanic identity while doing it...
Haohmaru
Protoform

Post by Haohmaru »

I told ya guys last week that Starscream would get his minicon today.
"To call me awesome.is an understatement"

Reflector

Post by Reflector »

If I may offer a moment of quick common sense advice to the whole buncha you's (save, like, Haohmaru): if you don't like it, don't watch. You guys have been saying you're going to stop watching for weeks now. Just bloody do it if you're that bored.

I thought this episode was quite decent. Well, in certain ways. After tonight, I'm fairly convinced that the series is dubbed from Japanese, or intentionally stabbed to make it seem that way. Last straw was Alexis' "give your head a shake" line. I imagine that was meant to be something more like "look around." Of course, this is all just logical speculation. My conclusion - well written, poorly translated.

Starscream ruled. Megatron could've been better, but he was awesome enough just for being Megatron. Shotty showed a bit of Decepticon in him ("Trees suck!"); here's to seeing that more often. And, um... that's that.
Originally posted by epsilon supreme
i personally would pay any price to beat the fool who voices "Carlos", just for being dumb and annoying, and taking a Hispanic identity while doing it...
Wouldn't that blame be more properly placed on the director, perhaps?
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Originally posted by Reflector
Starscream ruled. Megatron could've been better, but he was awesome enough just for being Megatron

Have to agree with you there.

Speaking of Megatron, wasn't there some line at the end from Megatron about Starscream's gloating or something? Makes me wonder how long a wait it'll be before the appearance of Galvatron, if he's even supposed to appear
Almagnus1
Protoform

Post by Almagnus1 »

yeah, the tree-hugging thing was a little out of place for a transformer show (at least when they did something akin to this in Beast Wars, it was done very subtley, and it was also minus the ecology lesson--I'd rather go watch Capt. Planet from the early 90's)--which brought the entire ep down, but other than that, Armada is shaping up to be a rather blah series thus far (kinda seems to be the norm these days). The comic still has hope.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me
epsilon supreme

- well written, poorly translated.

you're kidding me, right? Hasbro has been taking the lead in Transformers Armada from the start. It was created from concept art by Draxhall Jump Studios, commissioned by Hasbro and has premiered first on English speaking media.
Don't you think they would've aired Armada (or GenerationX, if that's what they're really gonna call it) in Japan already if it had really been written in Japanese? Or do you logically conclude that they wrote in Japanese, translated to English, and are waiting to record or air the Japanese version simply because Takara thinks stalling will up the profits somehow?

As for why I watch Armada, I have but one simple reason- it comes on between two Cartoon Network shows I like- "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" and "Justice League". Why don't I just turn off the tv for half an hour?... well... i tried... but i get distracted... and then i'd miss Justice League... :D
bruticus-kaos
Protoform

Post by bruticus-kaos »

As for why I watch Armada, I have but one simple reason- it comes on between two Cartoon Network shows I like- "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" and "Justice League".

Now speaking of He-Man.....That show hasnt let me down yet.... I think they have done an awsome job with it....matter of fact I think I will buy a He-Man item this week rather than a Armada figure

Before the show I bought Starscream and intended to buy them all ....but after watching it .....so far now I do not have much of a desire to get anymore..... I just wonder if the same is happening to others.....the toy line may suffer due to the cartoon....perhaps
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

you're kidding me, right? Hasbro has been taking the lead in Transformers Armada from the start. It was created from concept art by Draxhall Jump Studios, commissioned by Hasbro and has premiered first on English speaking media.
Don't you think they would've aired Armada (or GenerationX, if that's what they're really gonna call it) in Japan already if it had really been written in Japanese? Or do you logically conclude that they wrote in Japanese, translated to English, and are waiting to record or air the Japanese version simply because Takara thinks stalling will up the profits somehow?
Reason isn't the question. I understand that Armada hasn't premiered yet in Japan, but it is animated by a Japanese studio. Of course, that means darn little (as many G1 animations were as well), but it would give a possible explanation for the junky dialogue and anime look. Logical conclusion, yes?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

If I may offer a moment of quick common sense advice to the whole buncha you's (save, like, Haohmaru): if you don't like it, don't watch.

Yeah, but it's fun to complain about how crappy it is. Besides, because I download it, it doesn't affect neilson ratings, so if it's bad, I can watch it, make fun of it, and it will still succeed or fail as if I wasn't watching it.
Andrigaar
Protoform

Post by Andrigaar »

Seriously now... as fanboys you're predisposed to enjoy any material of the subject... it's like Star Wars, despite the shoddy acting and pushed dialogue in eps 1&2, you'll see people crying in joy at the thought of it.

Armada is not that good a show in terms of writing so far. The concept of informing us what trees do is like watching Captain Planet... egads... that show was wretched. Anyway, this one had a paper thin plot, almost no character development, and 3 kids who could die by being stepped on by a large robot or if one of those deer decided to attack them in fear.

The only major event of the show was Starscream getting a mini-con and using it to blow **** (I wonder if this board censors... I'll find out when I post) up. A secondary event was Optimus showing he didn't wanna harm the planet they were temp living on. The other 15 minutes had little if any depth.

Note that I'm predisposed against people reminding what forests do... I've been told that for years, not like the media will let me forget.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Andrigaar
A secondary event was Optimus showing he didn't wanna harm the planet they were temp living on.

I really wouldn't call that an event. It's well-established by now that that's the way optimus is. In fact, the only new part about him is his partner. The rest is going to be the stereotypical optimus character.
Andrigaar
Protoform

Post by Andrigaar »

Well then, the only aspect of this show holds it's own is that Starscream actually gets something other than Megatron's backhand.
Fenris
Protoform

Post by Fenris »

...at the end this could be the first time a Megatron seems to really be a little worried about his Starscream...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That's because Starscream has never been such a threat before.
Fenris
Protoform

Post by Fenris »

Exactly what I want to say ^^

It's to think if this is because this Meg is weaker than all the old ones or this Starscream is the greatest ever seen.....it could be a 50%for one and 50% for the other for me
epsilon supreme

Reason isn't the question. I understand that Armada hasn't premiered yet in Japan, but it is animated by a Japanese studio. Of course, that means darn little (as many G1 animations were as well), but it would give a possible explanation for the junky dialogue and anime look. Logical conclusion, yes?

eh... <sigh>
i bow to the superior logic.... it doesn't explain the bad dialogue, but does explain the poor timing and animation mistakes
dead robot
Protoform

Post by dead robot »

... this episode made me wanna go start fires and shoot some deer...