Just got Tidal Wave

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Flesh Creature
Protoform

Just got Tidal Wave

Post by Flesh Creature »

Was in Kmart with the family this afternoon and sent my wife to the shoe section with my daughter and my son and I ran over to the toy section and there he was. So with out my wife knowing, my son and I snuck over to the registers and checked out with it rushed it to the car and hid it in the trunk. As we went back into the store I had told him to "SAY NOTHING TO YOUR MOTHER" about buying it. (WERE trying to watch money) So what do you think the first thing he did was??? ..........Yup he spilled it to her. So I probally wont get any tonight :( but I have Tidal Wave.

Now I expected him to be a little bit bigger like he is in the cartoon but I say he is good size. I have not hooked him up to megatron yet but when I do I will keep you posted.
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

lol nice one FC

stick some pics up if u can dude
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Gruff
stick some pics up if u can dude

Why? Just go to Remy's site, he's done two acts on Tidalwave, just go see them there.

If you need the links:

ACT #109: http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act109/index.htm
ACT #110: http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act110/index.htm
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

He's out? I have to start looking for him then. Yaaaayyyy!!!
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

I pre-ordered one today from BBTS. They don't have him in yet, but if he's hitting shelves, they will soon.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I got mine. He's pretty cool. Don't like the way he looks with Galvatron. Kinda clunky. I especially like the little compartment in his left arm for Ramjet.
Tempest

Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Flesh Creature
Was in Kmart with the family this afternoon and sent my wife to the shoe section with my daughter and my son and I ran over to the toy section and there he was. So with out my wife knowing, my son and I snuck over to the registers and checked out with it rushed it to the car and hid it in the trunk. As we went back into the store I had told him to "SAY NOTHING TO YOUR MOTHER" about buying it. (WERE trying to watch money) So what do you think the first thing he did was??? ..........Yup he spilled it to her. So I probally wont get any tonight :( but I have Tidal Wave.

Now I expected him to be a little bit bigger like he is in the cartoon but I say he is good size. I have not hooked him up to megatron yet but when I do I will keep you posted.
Kids can be so cruel ...

Knowing Australia its gonna be ages before it comes over here and its going to cost an arm and a leg two
Grimlock

Re: Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by ‡T3MPE5T‡
Knowing Australia its gonna be ages before it comes over here and its going to cost an arm and a leg two
Actually I don't think it will be that long, Australia has been pretty "on the ball" as of late. I was in Toys R Us two weeks ago and saw Skywarp and Overload. So we're getting the Unicron Battles stuff already.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Tempest

Re: Re: Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Post by Tempest »

Originally posted by Grimlock
Actually I don't think it will be that long, Australia has been pretty "on the ball" as of late. I was in Toys R Us two weeks ago and saw Skywarp and Overload. So we're getting the Unicron Battles stuff already.

True but thats for only certain things. In WA we havent got any of the Re-Issues yet. In Armada we have up to galvatron and thundercraker for the main figures but in the minicons we have the Batttle for Unicron stuff, i just recently got JetFire and i noticed the emergency team and this other one but apart from that ive only seen as far as Galvatron and TC. But when the Optimus Prime came along with Armada at Christmas time it was 120 bucks and now is still at 90 plus the JetFire cost a good 70 bucks and image how much Tidal wave will be or even Unicron, but they are must gets for the sereis and as collectables, plus i kinda like Unicron (dunno why must be that he is kinda of a god *bows and worships Unicron*) hence the sig
RID Scourge

Re: Re: Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Post by RID Scourge »

I was in Toys R Us two weeks ago and saw Skywarp and Overload.

Damn, we don't even have those two in Boston yet.
Wildfire Herald

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Damn, we don't even have those two in Boston yet.

I was about to say something along those lines. Most I've seen out here is Hoist and Wheeljack.

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
Grimlock

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Post by Grimlock »

In WA we havent got any of the Re-Issues yet.
We've had everyone in series 1 and 2 here except for PM prime, who we aren't getting. Series 3 somehow got delayed due to someones incompetance at Hasbro AU, so we're getting series 4 on schedual and then it will be followed by series 3.
But when the Optimus Prime came along with Armada at Christmas time it was 120 bucks and now is still at 90 plus the JetFire cost a good 70 bucks
Holy cr@p, what store is selling them for those prices? Armada hasn't been too bad price wise either. Toys R Us isn't selling them for extortionist prices, have been pretty reasonable and had the best range, but then again, it's probably because they are now they main distributer of TF toys in Australia.
image how much Tidal wave will be or even Unicron, but they are must gets for the sereis and as collectables
Well we definitely are getting him(Unicron), which is a good start, and early estimates predict it's going to be $150 AUD. I don't think it will be that much but it definitely won't be under $100. As for Tidal Wave, I don't care, I'm getting the Takara version, along with most of the Armada line now. I like how they're more show accurate, and don't have to abide safely laws (eg. Starscreams Nosecone). The reason I haven't bought TC and Skywarp here yet is so I can buy the Takara version so the toys have a normal looking nosecone.

Also, it may interest you that we will (at this time anyway) also be getting Dreadwind and Smokejumper, and (unfortunately) it'll be a Target exclusive.
Originally posted by Wildfire Herald
Most I've seen out here is Hoist and Wheeljack.
However, at the moment, those two aren't available to us.
RID Scourge

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Post by RID Scourge »

I was about to say something along those lines. Most I've seen out here is Hoist and Wheeljack.

Haven't seen them. Only seen Tidal Wave, Rhinox, the role play swords, and the minicons. That's it. Where'd you find those two, and have you seen Terrorsaur?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

We've had everyone in series 1 and 2 here except for PM prime, who we aren't getting. Series 3 somehow got delayed due to someones incompetance at Hasbro AU, so we're getting series 4 on schedual and then it will be followed by series 3.
Meh we dont have a toys r us down here so i cant check if we got them or not. But hopefully they will have them in Perth. So hopefully ill be able to get some good reissues. If Ultra Magnus any good or what about Rodimus Major?

Holy cr@p, what store is selling them for those prices? Armada hasn't been too bad price wise either. Toys R Us isn't selling them for extortionist prices, have been pretty reasonable and had the best range, but then again, it's probably because they are now they main distributer of TF toys in Australia.
The store that was selling them was K-Mart and all the other toys were selling them after christmas so K-Mart had the monopoly on that one. They had to buy them from Toys R Us i think because as i said before we dotn have one down here.

Well we definitely are getting him(Unicron), which is a good start, and early estimates predict it's going to be $150 AUD. I don't think it will be that much but it definitely won't be under $100. As for Tidal Wave, I don't care, I'm getting the Takara version, along with most of the Armada line now. I like how they're more show accurate, and don't have to abide safely laws (eg. Starscreams Nosecone). The reason I haven't bought TC and Skywarp here yet is so I can buy the Takara version so the toys have a normal looking nosecone.
I dont like the Takara products because i usually but the boxes on display in my room for later refeference and i use hasbro becasue there English and all that. I'll be defenantely be getting Unicron and mabye Tital wave. My goal is to get all of the first 5 commemortive series by the end of the year complete. I know i wont get there but its good to dream. Just wondering does anyone know how many series there are going to be or are they going to stop when the 20th annerviesty comes or what?

Also, it may interest you that we will (at this time anyway) also be getting Dreadwind and Smokejumper, and (unfortunately) it'll be a Target exclusive.

Is that apart of the RiD line? Cause if it is wont worry about it :P
Ive seen a wheeljack looming around somewhere but cant remember where.
Wildfire Herald

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got Tidal Wave

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Haven't seen them. Only seen Tidal Wave, Rhinox, the role play swords, and the minicons. That's it. Where'd you find those two, and have you seen Terrorsaur?

I found Wheeljack at my Kmart, Hoist at the North Reading Walmart, and Terrorsaur at the KB in Sqaure One mall.

My want list
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. I hope they put out more terrorsaurs. I'm guessing that he sold out before I saw him because I got the last Rhinox at TRU the day he came out.
Wildfire Herald

Yeah, I've seen maybe two Terrorsaurs counting mine, while I see like 20 Rhinoxs everywhere I go...

My want list
Garand

Post by Garand »

Now I'm glad i snagged a terrorsaur when i did.. it'll probaly be left in package until they become more common..
Garand

Post by Garand »

Gotta love k-mart.. snagged a tidel wave on eh way home from work. haven't had a chanve to open yet, too bust finishing packing for otfcc
Wildfire Herald

Curses! Why is BBTS like the last place to get him in? Everybody's like "Oh I found him at Kmart! I found him at Walmart!" While BBTS is like "Uh... we have commerative series 4 in..."

My want list