Did Galvatron really turned into this...?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
SimonMK
Protoform

Did Galvatron really turned into this...?

Post by SimonMK »

I never had the chance to watch G1 after the animated movie and I recently watched a video where it show Galvatron being insane...

Is that really what happened after the mvoie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQw_pVgC8jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6XJdKdRVD8

If that real, he a lot different from the movie.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Season 3 was Galvatron's insane times. But the cause is never known. Perhaps he never took his medication?
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Well, he did spend a year sitting at the bottom of a pool of lava (as I recall)...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Yep. That was pretty much it.
inflatable dalek

Re: Did Galvatron really turned into this...?

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by SimonMK

As a random fact, voice recording for the third season actually started before the sessions for the Movie, partly explaining why Welker's take on the character is so completely off bat from Nimoy's.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
der2

Post by der2 »

Yeah a complete basket case and only mildly better in the comics, tho at times he was even worse.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Galvatrons madness was indeed induced by his plasma bath, it was adressed in Webworld too.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Titus Andronicus

Re: Did Galvatron really turned into this...?

Post by Titus Andronicus »

Originally posted by SimonMK
I never had the chance to watch G1 after the animated movie and I recently watched a video where it show Galvatron being insane...

Is that really what happened after the mvoie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQw_pVgC8jo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6XJdKdRVD8

No. It's all a bad dream. Just go back to bed, and never, ever watch the G1 post-movie episodes.:(
You'll be so much happier that way, trust me...
Come see the Titus Files

Their defences are broken, let the slaughter begin!
SimonMK
Protoform

Re: Re: Did Galvatron really turned into this...?

Post by SimonMK »

Originally posted by Titus Andronicus
No. It's all a bad dream. Just go back to bed, and never, ever watch the G1 post-movie episodes.:(
You'll be so much happier that way, trust me...

How can G1 be that bad after the movie? Other then most of the original Autobots being dead, Rodimus as a leader, Starscream gone and most original Decepticons being Sweeps and Armadas... it can't be worst?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Season three of G1 is extremely schizoprhenic, brought on by having two very different lines of thinking on both the animation houses and the writers.

One the one hand, you have the staff that thinks 'our audience is two years older now, so lets mature the stories and characters and deliver a higher product', so you get some of the BEST episodes of the G1 run.

On the other hand, you have the staff that thinks 'we need more six year olds into this, lets dumb down everything and deliver a slap-ass product that they won't care about', so you get some of the WORST episodes of the G1 run.

There are episodes you just don't want to miss.. and others that'll make you cry in agony.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

The Madness was pretty funny at times. Plus at least they made his character different. It would have been a little boring if it was just Megatron with a new name and a new body.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
Season three of G1 is extremely schizoprhenic, brought on by having two very different lines of thinking on both the animation houses and the writers.

One the one hand, you have the staff that thinks 'our audience is two years older now, so lets mature the stories and characters and deliver a higher product', so you get some of the BEST episodes of the G1 run.

On the other hand, you have the staff that thinks 'we need more six year olds into this, lets dumb down everything and deliver a slap-ass product that they won't care about', so you get some of the WORST episodes of the G1 run.

There are episodes you just don't want to miss.. and others that'll make you cry in agony.

Any episode as an example? I am really curious on how good or bad I have been missing.
Dr Poth
Protoform

Post by Dr Poth »

Carnage in C Minor, quite possibly the worst transformers episode ever. Also features the worst animation ever.

Dark Awakening is pretty awesome, if just for the fact it has prime's brief return from the dead.

Some episodes like call of the primatives has some of the best cartoon animation
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Good Season 3 Eps:
Forever is a Long Time Coming
Dark Awakening
Starscream's Ghost
Ghost in the Machine
Return of Optimus Prime 1 & 2

Mediocre Season 3 Eps:
Five Faces of Darkness 1-5
Grimlock's New Brain
The Burden Hardest to Bare

Terrible Season 3 Eps:
Carnage in C-Minor
Child's Play
Webworld
Hound

Post by Hound »

Child's Play is second season and Webworld is an awesome episode.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Oops... I meant 'Surprise Party'.
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

That was brilliant.

Galvatron: "Attack!"

Cyclonus: "Attack who?"

*Galvatron Shoots Cyclonus*
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
Titus Andronicus

Post by Titus Andronicus »

The opening of "Burden Hardest to Bear" was pretty cool too (seeing the 'cons engaging in outright terrorism was just great, especially "Lt Honorable" Cyclonus shooting Defensor in the back), though after that it went downhill faster than Rodimus...
I loved Cyclonus and Magnus' fight in Surprise Party, pity about the rest of it.

That's kind of the thing about season 3, there were some beautiful moments mixed in with an overwhelming majority of crapola. And there's no 'possibly' about it, Carnage was the worst episode ever. Period.
Come see the Titus Files

Their defences are broken, let the slaughter begin!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

"Carnage" isn't the best example of a bad episode - it's too funny, what with Magnus and his Constructicon figures, Broadside flattening Devastator and so on... Worst one of Season 3 is "Madman's Paradise" - 25 minutes of Grimlcok comedy - while "Nightmare Planet" and "Surprise Party" run it close. "Carnage" is the TF equivalent of 'Plan 9 from Outer Space', which means it's more fun to watch than the TF equivalent of '2010'.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Oooh, I forgot about 'Fight or Flee' and 'Thief in the Night'... those were two of my favorites as well. Always was a sucker for eps featuring the triple changers.