mistakes in G1 cartoon

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
mesk
Protoform

mistakes in G1 cartoon

Post by mesk »

ok first off let me say that if this topic has been covered before please forgive me and if this is true could a mod please delete this post?ok so now that Ive taken care of that how many other ppl have noticed the mistakes in the first G1 episodes(more then meets the eye parts 1&2).what is up with the autobots flying around?!?!?I thought for sure only the decepticons could fly which was one of the main reasons OP had Superion and the aerialbots made.am I just losing it?or have others brought this to attention before?
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Yeah, there were a few things like that. I think the More than meets the eyes was a pilot for the series, and based on the overwhelming response, the cartoon turned into the powerhouse we love today. How about in the movie where both Frenzy and Rumble are the same color?

What about who was turned into Cyclonus? Who became Scourge? Did Brawn die?

You are not alone :) and welcome to the board.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Well, in the later episode, Optimus Prime asked Wheeljack to fly. He followed the order but saying he is no expert at it. He is right since being knocked down right away. Grimlock can fly, too. A t-rex can fly. Maybe they all could, but asking them to fly is like asking a 5 year old kid to drive. Maybe, just maybe.

BTW, welcome.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Savannahtron wrote:Yeah, there were a few things like that. I think the More than meets the eyes was a pilot for the series, and based on the overwhelming response, the cartoon turned into the powerhouse we love today. How about in the movie where both Frenzy and Rumble are the same color?

That to do over Rumble's and Frenzy's paint scheme was never a mistake.

They're just royal exhaustpipes and like messing with people's minds. ;)
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

Post by kupimus aka(clocker) »

there are no mistakes in the g1 cartoon. the transformers just exist in a world where the laws of reality are slightly different;)
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Flying Auotobts is actually addressed in the second episode. Autobots just aren't good at it and the Decepticons have aerial supremacy. It just gets odd later that episodes explicitly say that Autobots can't fly... except for when they can. :P
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I think my absolute favourite one is in "Rebirth", just after the Decepticon Targetmasters have snaffled the Autobot TMs-to-be despite the stupidest tactics yet seen ("Autobots! Fear my new Targetmaster powers! Watch as I throw my gun away, leaving myself unarmed and the weapon transforms and fires a small pistol at you!"), when the Autobot Headmasters can't pursue because they can't fly. Complete with shot of Highbrow and Brainstorm obediently trundling along the ground in their flight-capable alt modes.
mesk
Protoform

Post by mesk »

Savannahtron wrote:Yeah, there were a few things like that. I think the More than meets the eyes was a pilot for the series, and based on the overwhelming response, the cartoon turned into the powerhouse we love today. How about in the movie where both Frenzy and Rumble are the same color?

lol yea it was skywarp became cyclonus and galvatrons second in command,and thundercracker became scourge,leader of the sweeps

not that these minor errors matter,G1 transformers is THE BEST CARTOON EVER!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

mesk wrote: not that these minor errors matter,G1 transformers is THE BEST CARTOON EVER!!
Hahahaha. Been a while since we had one of these around, hasn't it.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

mesk wrote:lol yea it was skywarp became cyclonus and galvatrons second in command,and thundercracker became scourge,leader of the sweeps
Skywarp, Bombshell, Thundercracker, Kickback, and Shrapnel didn't become anybody. They were ****ing dead (apperances later notwithstanding). Their cold dead bodies were used as raw material for some new guys, two of which would be Cyclonus and Scourge.
not that these minor errors matter,G1 transformers is THE BEST CARTOON EVER!!
I wouldn't hold up G1 as the 'gold standard', but it is one of a very few cartoons from that period to hold up at all. People tend to forget that the other stuff on the air at the time, at least in the states, were Smurfs reruns and Challenge of the Superfriends. If your local station didn't pre-empt it for sports, you might have seen the earlier Marvel/Sunbow works of Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, Hulk, etc.

If you were really lucky, one of your local stations would air Battle of the Planets and maybe Voltron and Robotech - hyper-butchered vesions of decent anime. (And Hanna Barbera was notrious for blocking distrubution deals of THEIR cartoons for channels that aired them.)

It would be some years yet before Fox would air Batman: The Animated Series and finally break the stranglehold that Hanna Barbera had on western animation. But Transformers (along with GI Joe) was one of those chose that really did break the groundwork.
Clay

Post by Clay »

TFVanguard wrote:Skywarp, Bombshell, Thundercracker, Kickback, and Shrapnel didn't become anybody. They were ****ing dead (apperances later notwithstanding). Their cold dead bodies were used as raw material for some new guys, two of which would be Cyclonus and Scourge.
Hi, no. Skywarp was remade into Cyclonus as evidenced by the fact that they're both purple. Thundercracker was remade into Scourge because they're both blue. The Insecticons are the Sweeps because there are lots of them.

The above logic is completely consistent with that that labels Hauler as anything other than animation error. :)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:Hi, no. Skywarp was remade into Cyclonus as evidenced by the fact that they're both purple.
I seem to remember the clinching point for a lot of people was that they liked Skywarp and liked Cyclonus, so obviously that'd work out.

I never, ever understood the fuss about the whole reformatting thing - it's not like any of the new ones had any links to the old ones personality wise. It's not like people's beloved Shrapnel or whoever lives on; Prowl might have been gunned down by Scavenger and then fired in the sun, but at least bits of his corpse weren't reanimated as a transvestite; that people would be willing to argue that their favourite guy lived on as Galvatron's punchbag is strange...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Clay wrote:The above logic is completely consistent with that that labels Hauler as anything other than animation error. :)
He's a script error. He's, like, referenced in the dialogue.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, if he wasn't, he'd just be Grapple showing up a bit ahead of everyone else...
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

ive got the tv-loonland boxset of the entire g1 series and in the movie when spike and bumblebee fail to blow up unicron spike says oh ****. seriously.
Let this be thy final lesson monster, no man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn! And e'en THEN, 'tis most unwise for the victor to assume the battle is ended, for with god and man, a war is ne'er over till the ultimate wrong is set aright and the final villain is DONE!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wow, weird print. He says "Oh shit" on my version.
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

you know cliffjumper, if you look at your avatar at a different angle it kinda looks like armada cyclonus. in fact thats who i thought it was for ages.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I can't really see it Kup.

Hell, Ultra Magnus says 'damn it' when he's trying to open the Matrix before being pulled apart. Not quite as bad as shit, but still.
Destruction is my specialty
kupimus aka(clocker)
Protoform

if you look at it briefly while reading the text and imagine cyclonus is facing to the right and leaning back slightly with the green headpiece as hes actual head, the visor as his chest, the left shoulder as his arm and the glare to the left of the green thing as a spinning rotorblade.

btw who is that anyway??
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »