The worst Transformers toys EVER produced

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Nevermore

The worst Transformers toys EVER produced

Post by Nevermore »

I don't want to do a poll yet, since there's so much to choose from... So just tell me the TF toys you hate most. And give a reason, if possible.
I haven't decided yet, since I never had that many TF toys...

The Throttlebots have a lazy transformation scheme and a pooooor robot mode, but at least they have cool looking vehicle modes.
Maybe it's Backstreet... I can transform him in less than a second, and his only point of articulation is the arms that can swing forward...
Any movie toy (except Ultra Magnus, for obvious reasons) just looks cr@ppy as compared to the preceeding Diaclone molds...

So please, feel free to name all TF toys you think that really suck for a particular reason. :)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I actually like the movie stuff, esp Springer, Hot Rod, and Rodimus Prime.

I think the omnibot space cruiser was a particularly poor Transformer. I had one as a kid, and I can remember his arms fliping out, and he looked moronic.

Seaspray is an odd little fellow too.

The tapes are all kind of funny too, although most transfans seem to lust over them.

There are a lot of odd shaped Armada figures too, and BW for that fact, but I can't say I really "hate" any of the Transformers.

I have never liked the Pretender Shell stuff, but have grown to appreciate some of the characters.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Sixswitch
Civ

Post by Civ »

I agree with the Throttlebots becaus they just looked corny.

I also never cared for the whole Pretenders thing.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
KillTheKids
Protoform

Post by KillTheKids »

Armada Starscream. I don't "hate" the toy, but its the only one that I own that I own that I dislike. Its just too flimsy to pose. Armada Smokescreen is just plain dull.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Sixswitch

Screw you! ;)

Seriously though, I think you mean Quick Switch. There was never a transformer called Sixswitch, unless you count the one that showed up in our RPG.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... Jetfire G1. I'm sorry, but as cool as he may seem to be, I just get anrgier and angrier every time I see one... to me, it's just a large hung of die-cast and plastic that's not worth much to me, as we see him in the comics... and that's it. Hasbro was too lazy to give a mold for skyfire, and it just ticked the heck out of me... to each their own.
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

g1 ironhide and rachet..they dont even have heads really!
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
Flesh Creature
Protoform

Post by Flesh Creature »

any animorphs!!!!!!!!!! Just look at them
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Screw you! ;)

Seriously though, I think you mean Quick Switch. There was never a transformer called Sixswitch, unless you count the one that showed up in our RPG.

Isn't that the poster who never shows up around here?;)
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

the pretenders i hated each and every one of them and never cared for their concept
most of the micromasters they took that master thing too far they are silly little robots with simplistic transformations and i really dont care for them
i always hated the action masters as well ( transformers who dont transform)
the brain masters dont look al that intersting either and most micromaster bases are featureless lumps of plastic
and then we have bunny ears...err cyclonus it might be my knock off but he just looks so ridicilous
so much to dislike so little space
coem to think off it the whole victory line looked woefully unimpressive and bordering on ****
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

You can list every G1 toy here, the likenesses were poor, the articulation was weak and the emphasis was on the vehicles. Some of the bigger ones were bricks. Thank god for later G2 and Beast wars. The one figure that i was disappointed over recently was Armada Hotshot, by far the worst figure to be produced, and was there are reason for Armada Megatron's legs? I had hopes it would be different for Galvatron but again was disappointed.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

God Jinrai. What a peice of ****. In Jinrai mode his legs were fused together and his arms only bent at the elbows. In Super Jinrai mode he was a freaken brick with only should articulation (POOR shoulder articulation). And in God Jinrai mode he had all the flaws of Super Jinrai but with chrome armor and wings that just looked bad and made him harder to handle.

Bad, bad mold
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

I love BM toys, but I really don't like Longhorn.
he still looks like a bull even in robot mode, and he doesn`t have hands. He`s beast mode isnt that good either. he sucks.

Hammerstrike sucks too.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
God Jinrai. What a peice of ****. In Jinrai mode his legs were fused together and his arms only bent at the elbows. In Super Jinrai mode he was a freaken brick with only should articulation (POOR shoulder articulation). And in God Jinrai mode he had all the flaws of Super Jinrai but with chrome armor and wings that just looked bad and made him harder to handle.

Bad, bad mold

That would mean the original non-Japanese Powermaster Optimus Prime is even worse, since he has all the flaws of God Jinrai but even less features.
And on that, I totally agree. The mold just sucks.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

BW Drill Bit. I'd give an explanation, but I'm sure Brave Max will show up eventually and give a far better one than I ever could (after all, he has two of them).

BW Snapper. He's ugly and he can't stand up in any pose.

Broadside. The definition of 'brick'. The Firecons and Sparkabots, likewise.

X-Brawn (and all his repaints). Ugly and unproportional. It looks like Pat Lee did his concept art.

Predaking. Because I'm tired of hearing fanboys gush over an ugly chunk of bright orange plastic.

Landmine. Worst Pretender ever, and that's saying a lot.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Skyblast from Energon has done well at earning my spite...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

LOL - where to begin with Drillbit - he's ugly, his one hand doesn't work well with the drill (this purple three fingered piece of cr@p at an odd angle with the drill)
Legs that weren't designed to support him sot the dumb ass drill gimic could work. And lets face it - I know hasbro is colour blind but some one, ANYONE, at R&D could have sat back and said - Translucent orange (and that FUGLY orange - more on that later), Medium Purple and silver might not look so good togeather. And above all, his bloody head never stays up (and it's not from playing with him - as I've only ever transformed him once). Lets face it, a dung Beetle is never a good idea for a TF.

That cover it for you Warcry? ;)
BTW Walrus boy vastly out weighs Landmine for worst pretender.

Bad idea's for TFs - Basic PRETENDERS - make them big enough to actually transform.

Safety for stupid kids - Lets make the missiles big enough for little Johny to shoot his eye out instead of swollowing it. Listen, if the kid is at the age where he might swallow the missile, then he's two damn young for the toys.

Jumpstarters, Battlechargers or Springformers - Bloody hell, This is Transformers - Give me more than one step: Pullback and let go, or: Release Spring. Is that really to much to ask for?

Any Transformer who in any way shape or form looks like a walrus

Transformers 1\4 of an inch in length (almost lost the bloody "Smallest" Ravage on a number of occasions)

Repainting a toy more than once in a 2 year period (Deluxe Jetstorm is up to what 4 or 5?)

Ummmmm
Oh yeah

ORANGE!!!! There is this bloody shade of FUGLY orange they manage to work into Transformers. You know the one I'm talking about - it makes up 90% of Blast Punch Primals Robot mode. Gah and they always use it on the coolest toys too - AM Op, BP Primal, Scorponok, ETC.

Rant done I think
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Skyblast from Energon has done well at earning my spite...

Why? I rather like him; he's a decent small figure, with decent articulation. His weapon is ridiculous, yes. And he can't hold it anyway 'cause it leaves stress marks on his hand (mine does, at least).

But really, what has he done to be worse than, say, 3/4 of Armada?
Originally posted by Brave Maximus
That cover it for you Warcry?
Yes, thanks. :)
BTW Walrus boy vastly out weighs Landmine for worst pretender.
Most of my venomous hate for Longtooth comes from the principle of having a bipedal walrus TF, rather than from the toy itself. A lot of hate comes from his Matrix Quest story too. Thunderwing should have let Spinister slag him, dammit!

Thing is, I never owned a Longtooth, so I can't really say if he sucks. I do seem to recall his alt mode is better than this , though.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Can't see the pic - TFU has it protected - but I have Longtooth, and he Sucks - no way around it at all

lol, could always be better than the "ultra" pretenders - fold them in half and they're transformed