• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2017-04-24, 04:18 PM   #2021
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

My wife too a trip for the weekend, so that meant I played a bunch of Zelda: BotW when the kids were asleep. Over the course of the week, I've pretty much caught up to where I was after a month on Wii U. Mostly because I know where everything is that I needed to progress, and didn't spend as much time marveling at cooking and whatnot. So now I'm ready to keep rolling on this game, and I didn't even mind playing all the same stuff over!

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9979-6466
Nintendo Network ID: rondo52
ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 11:29 AM   #2022
HeavyArms
Unicron

Karingal, Victoria, Australia

I have finished God Of War: Ascension, it doesn't play as well or look as good as the previous iterations.

I will probably start on the older Tomb Raider games next.

Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 06:01 PM   #2023
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyArms View Post
I have finished God Of War: Ascension, it doesn't play as well or look as good as the previous iterations.

I will probably start on the older Tomb Raider games next.
Yep, I felt the same way about GoW: Ascension. And I burned out on the others due to repetition.

For me, I've been playing Zelda: BotW quite often. I've long surpassed where I was on the Wii U, and I'm back into exploration mode. Came across the Master Sword a while back, now I am just building the stuff/stats I need to actually use the thing. And I'm hunting around for various armor sets, etc. It's been such a fun distraction doing all of that, so I really haven't done much with the main story line. Getting the season pass for this will be a no-brainer.

But I may also get NBA Playgrounds this summer too, so I will at least have 2 games on the system.

Old 2017-06-03, 02:30 PM   #2024
HeavyArms
Unicron

Injustice 2 Deluxe Steelbook Edition - Pre-ordered from JB Hifi.

Didn't really play the PS 1 Tomb Raider, really just level skipped through and watched the cut-scenes, I think they've aged to much for me.

Currently playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes, which is like pretty much like any of the other more recent Lego games, but might be a bit buggy.

Old 2017-06-11, 06:03 AM   #2025
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Thanks to being a GameStop Pro member, I picked up Overwatch for half price. I've actually been wanting to try it, but wasn't sure if it had a single player mode. It doesn't look like it does. Either that, or it has to download most of the game files just to run anything.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 02:49 PM   #2026
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

There's no single player mode. It's just a multiplayer online shooter.

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 05:12 PM   #2027
HeavyArms
Unicron

Finished the Lego Marvel story and now doing everything else, like rescuing Stan Lee and races etc; to attain 100% completion.

Old 2017-06-17, 11:00 PM   #2028
Heinrad
Ironmod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
There's no single player mode. It's just a multiplayer online shooter.
I do have to admit, the game is a lot of fun. But I don't think I'd be enjoying it as much if I'd paid full price for it. On the up side, I played for the first time today with a kid who had a headset. Unlike GTA, the kid was polite, didn't swear, didn't scream at other players.

If it wasn't for the fact that I really see no point in having a mic, it almost made me wish I could have talked back to the kid.

As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Old 2017-06-24, 07:16 PM   #2029
HeavyArms
Unicron

Halo Wars 2 Atriox Edition (steelbook).

Old 2017-06-27, 03:15 PM   #2030
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Talking

Diablo 3 Necromancer dlc goes live today.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 04:52 PM   #2031
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Finally finished Breath of the Wild after months of playing. Actually, I completed the main story, but there's still a bunch of shrines to find, Korok seeds to discover, and side quests to play. Not to mention DLC (haven't purchased yet) that comes out Friday. This is the first game in a very long time that I (nearly solely) played from start to finish without any other game distractions. Overall, BotW is one of the best and most enjoyable games I have played in years. Not to mention that I am still playing it after finishing it, simply because it's so much fun to explore and collect items in the game world. The last I checked (this past weekend), I have 85 hours of gameplay racked up on it - amazing considering my typical lack of playing time. I guess the portability of the Switch really helps, as I can play on the couch while the wife watches House Hunters on HGTV.

On another note, I downloaded a $5 eShop game this weekend on the Switch, called Kamiko. It's a retro (8-bit) inspired title with some Action-RPG elements. It's a nifty little title with 3 playable characters, but only 4 Levels. I played as the sword-wielding princess to start, and it took about an hour to get through the whole thing. I suppose the purpose of the game is to rack up points and finish times, like an arcade game. Not too bad for only $5, but after I finish all 3 characters, I don't really see the point in going back.

Last edited by ganon578; 2017-08-03 at 05:30 PM.
Old 2017-07-19, 09:47 AM   #2032
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Smile

I found a source port for Descent and Descent 2, so I'm playing that again. It's much more difficult than I remember, but flying the ship around with a joystick is fun.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 04:02 PM   #2033
HeavyArms
Unicron

Have now finished Lego Marvel Super Heroes, bit buggy froze once and almost feels like it's freezing a few more times.

Old 2017-07-29, 02:52 PM   #2034
HeavyArms
Unicron

I have just started on Amazing Spider-Man 1, Spider-Man himself looks pretty but every thing else looks rather shoddy.

Old 2017-07-30, 03:51 AM   #2035
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

I just bought LoZ:OoT for the 3DS but am still playing Pokemon White.

1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 05:28 PM   #2036
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

A couple weeks ago I picked up NBA Playgrounds on the Switch from the eShop. Nice little arcade title, along the lines of NBA Jam and NBA Street. The main problem I have is through dunks and what not, you fill a meter, which gives you a random special ability. So when I'm in a tourney against a great dunker and a good assist man (Blake Griffin & Chris Paul) and winning by 10 points, a 'random' Dunk Pts X2 comes up. Twice. They last 30 seconds. And I lose by 13. Not that I didn't overcome it in the second game, but it would be cool if they could patch in an option to shut that off.

Still a good game though, not great, but fun.

Also got God of War III: Remastered and Shadow of Mordor: GOTY Edition for $4 each on a recent PS Store sale for the PS4. Haven't played either yet, due to time.

Old Yesterday, 03:02 AM   #2037
Heinrad
Ironmod

To show my Wii U some love(it's a neat system, and I love the Zelda special edition look, but the poor thing doesn't get a lot of use), I got Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U.

Still, it's getting more use than my Wii.......