Target Exclusive Animated 2 packs released at retail!

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Ackula

Target Exclusive Animated 2 packs released at retail!

Post by Ackula »

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ed-167044/

The Animated 2 packs featuring GEEWUN Shockwave VS Activators Bumblebee, and Sunstorm VS Activators Ratchet are now out at retail according to a member of TFW2005 who found them in Ohio.

Good luck and may the hunt begin yet again.....
Attachments
target2packs.jpg
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

From Allspark.com:

Remember the Animated Sunstorm and 'True Colors' Shockwave exclusives that came with Activators? What would you say if I told you they were now only $5.00? Yes, you read that right. A voyager and an Activator for FIVE DOLLARS. Even Swindle couldn't get you a deal that cheap! The prices are confirmed at the product pages on Target.com, though they are only available in-store.

:wtf: Holy, crap that's a good deal! I can also confirm this myself, having just returned from my local Target with Sunstorm in hand. :up:

They also had Animated Deluxes going for $8 and Voyager for $18.99. All offers were good through 4/11.

Happy Hunting!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I just got the Sunstorm pack myself. I couldn't resist a five dollar Voyager-class Seeker.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Transformer Kamen wrote: They also had Animated Deluxes going for $8 and Voyager for $18.99. All offers were good through 4/11.

Happy Hunting!
Or if you are like me and have no Target nearby- Hunt down your local Wal-Mart and have them comp the price. It's how I've been getting Deluxes for $8 for the last week or so.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

DAMMIT!

Just bought Sunstorm last week for full price.
Come on and wind me up.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I went to my local Target as well today and they are $4.99 there as well. There is no sign advertising them as being on sale or clearance though, I had to go scan it to make sure. One can only wonder how long this lasts before someone realizes the mistake they made?
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

I believe I read the sale is up to the 11th of April...

Now, which good boy is going to help me grab two sets...pm me...:wave:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Oooh! I want Sunstorm!

The reason I haven't bought Animated Starscream/Skywarp is that I already have versions of the character (although Starscream's 'generic Seeker' colour scheme is seriously tempting me... I loves generics...). But Sunstorm... I think I'm going to find him now.
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Ackula wrote:. One can only wonder how long this lasts before someone realizes the mistake they made?
The answer is apparently tody.

From tfw2005.com:

In quite possibly the biggest retail blunder in recent memory, the Target exclusive Transformers Animated figures, Purple Shockwave with Activators Bumblebee and Sunstorm with Activators Ratchet have had their price change again.

We reported on Saturday that the figures were on a sale or clearance at $4.99 and hordes of collectors rushed out and purchased countless amounts of these figures, both for their own collections and for members overseas. And, of course, some to scalp on eBay.

Reports have come in today that Target has changed the price to $22.99, which many speculate was the original intended sale price, and that the $4.99 was an error. A very costly error obviously. The new sale price is a whopping $2 off the original price of $24.99. The original sale was to last through Saturday, April 11th. Was this a massive liquidation-esq move on Target to clear shelf space, or was it a serious blunder on Target's behalf?

Two dollers off makes a little more sense (though it's not much of a sale), though my Target had a sale sign up in all it's glory and the shelf tags read the $4.99 price. Plus there were no problems at the register.

Whatever the case, it's unfortunate for those who didn't get out there over the weekend. Bummer. :(
Firebird

Post by Firebird »

Well I missed that. I would have liked to have Sunstorm.

I got Universe Galvatron and Universe Acid Storm for $15 each, so that's not bad.
Firebird has her optics on you...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]