Maverick season 1 came in post today

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Computron

Maverick season 1 came in post today

Post by Computron »

Got my copy of it in the post today after ordering it at transforce and all I can say is that it rocks.

So far I have just seeen the bonus disk and the first disk with mtmte & roll for it. The 5.1 is cool and the picture quality is ok. The 5.1 is perhaps more impressive due to teh Sub making the explosionions beefyer.

One minor gripe and the only thing wrong with the whole collection is that mtmte pts 1&2 (all I've seen so far) have the season 2 intro although the music is that of season 1. However only a transformer fanatic would know this.

The Bonus disk is super amazing and more than makes up for teh season 2 intro. The Japanese trailer is super cool and has a load of extra footage not seen in the UK/USA... release of the movie. The quiz is relativly easy but you get some cool bonus footage if you answer the 5 questions right so its not that bad. The Bumpers and toy adverts are amazing. It was cool to see all the G2 toy adverts as well as teh bumpers from G1. It also has the Monster & Classical Pretender adverts from G1.

The Menus are Ok and a lot better than previous attempts by Maverick

Overall I would give this DVD a 9 1/2 out of 10. It was definatly worth the wait.

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Cool, when I've got the cash, I might just get it. While the R1 version was good, it used the original uncorrected episodes, innit? I think the R2 one uses the ones that were aired. Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to spend that much money on another set unnecessarily.

Err, by the way, to take things off topic again (I likes to do that ;)), before I went to the US I ordered the first Maverick Headmasters DVD, it was supposed to be waiting for me when I got back. But it wasn't. :( Has that been delayed or wot, mush?

Edit - no worry, I got off my arse and checked, turns out my Headmasters DVD went missing in the post and they gots to send me another one. And the R2 season 1 set is very cheap, non? I will get it next time I make an order.

He was in a boy band!
Mirage

Post by Mirage »

I got the Headmasters dvd, it's really cool, I find the dubbing funny haha.

I don't know whether to get the box set or not because I have all the dvd's indiviually.