• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Website Stuff

Old 2002-10-15, 04:09 AM   #21
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Brendan, the most important thing to do now is get out of debt. Make whatever sacrifices you need to make. I'm sorry to hear about the DL/UL cap being put on your cable access. It seems these internet companies get you hooked, and then the greed kicks in.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 04:21 AM   #22
lordfril

Cinci, Ohio

I knew this was going to happen eventully. So Im not shocked. Who encodes teh Armada eps? can just host those? maybe each eps for like 1 week then take it off? I dont get cartoon Network so this is gonna suck.....
Also Direct connect hub seems not to work well for me...When I search for something, nothing shows up. Also when I try to look at what files ppl are hosting, I still get nothing...blew... BTW does any one have a link to that site that launches the hub? my hard drive bit the dust a week ago and I need the link for it.

lordfril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 04:22 AM   #23
Roy Fokker
Banned

Texas

I don't care. I only downloaded once and that was over a year ago.

I've got all the cartoon episodes on tape. TFArchive is losing a ton of money for this site. He could have bought himself a few Fort Max figures for what he dishes out. Just be thankful for what he gave. Besides you still have all those kickarse comics.

Roy Fokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 07:29 AM   #24
Sonicron

Cybertron, German sector

(Hi all of ya, just moved over from the Axalon )

Not again !!

Although it really bites that I'll never have G1 complete, I agree with the others. Getting out of debt takes priority, Brendan.

If there's any way to bring the episode downloads back in the future, why not use LigerZero's idea, it's good.

And even if you do not bring them back, I thank you for having put them up as long as you did.

-- Sonicron

"I'm not as think as you drunk I am, honesst, ossifer !!"
Sonicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 07:31 AM   #25
Plasmodium
Groovy

Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by TFArchive
The DC hub will remain online until sometime this winter. It will go down when my cable company implements download/upload transfer caps. No one know when this will happen yet.
Ya the caps suxor, but even with them coming, surely keeping the hub online wouldnt drain that much would it? I mean Ive never ran a hub myself, but does it really take a lot of bw to maintain, so much so that you would surpass the hardcaps?

Thats another thing, are they soft or hard caps? And what is the guideline?

edit: Speaking of me running a hub, if you do infact have to remove the hub due to bw issues, I may be able to run one of my own in place of the Archive's....hm....

Plasmodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 08:01 AM   #26
nmathew
Matrix Keeper

Bay Area

If you can, donate a bit of money to Brendan to help out with the debt, please.

just follow the paypal link at

http://tfarchive.com/episodes.shtml

I'l be giving a little bit as a final, "Thank you."

--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
nmathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 08:37 AM   #27
Blues Clues

Brisbane, Australia
Unhappy

Just want to thank-you for putting them up as long as you did!

You have a really kickass site here. Are the comics still staying?

Good luck with the clearing debt thing and thx again!

Blues Clues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 12:34 PM   #28
TFArchive
King Lurker

Ottawa, Ontario

Yeah, that wouldn't work too well, I still pay $400 for the episodes server whether I use it or not. The other servers don't have enough bandwidth to handle episodes for more than a couple days.

Quote:
Originally posted by LigerZero
I was going to suggest cycling the series one at a time. But after reading the boss-mans posts I can understand that it might not work.

But just for the hell of it I'll give you my idea. I was thinking that you could put up just one searies on the server at a time. Like start with G1, and have like 3 or more episodes every 2 weeks along with whatever current Armada episoded have aired. Then when you've gone through G1 you put up Beast Wars and work through those episodes and so on.

This way people who already have G1 will not download those episodes, but may still get the Armada episodes only. This would hopefully take some load off the server.

--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
TFArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 03:14 PM   #29
Grimlock2983

Berkeley, CA

I, too, want to show my appreciation for hosting the episodes for as long as you did, it was a great thing and I agree, get out of debt. Debt sucks. This is still a great site, with many other strengths outside of the episodes, so I'm glad to be here still.

Blaster: "Grimlock, look over there!"

Grimlock: "You think Grimlock stupid, fall for trick."

Blaster: "Well, yes and no. Yes, I think you're stupid. But no, it's not a trick."

*Decepticons attack while Blaster and Grimlock battle for leadersihp of the Autobots, Issue #41*
Grimlock2983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 06:57 PM   #30
Vincent Price

The Netherlands
Default Thank you

Thank you for hosting these episodes. It's what revived my love for Transformers. It sucks that they have to go, but **** happens.
I hope you get out of debt soon.

Also, I have the same problem with DirectConnect as Lordfril. How do I fix it? Can it be my router? I can use Kazaa perfecly, but I can't send files to people. I think my router has a built-in firewall.

Speaking of conservative candidates, I could just go on and on and on and on and on and not let anyone else get as word in it until I start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards *starts foaming at the mouth and falls over backwards*
Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 10:19 PM   #31
Vida
Micromaster

Austin, Tx

I just want to say thanks for everything. Ive been coming to this site the past few years (even though ive only recently started posting). I dont download that much, just when i miss an Armada here and there because I have all the G1 and BW. I had no idea that the site costed you so much and if I can Ill pitch in some to the paypall account. Good luck and I hope the site stays up for years to come.

Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-15, 11:52 PM   #32
Eternal 1

Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Thumbs up Thanks for a great service

Thanks Brendan! You did a fantastic job of keeping the eps up and going, hell you went into debt for us... Don't think many people would do that for somebody they never met. Great job. BTW, if anybody needs any G1 eps or any of the Japanese eps (masterforce, victory and headmasters) I got em.

They were the dream-mechanical beings able to transform their bodies into vehicles, machinery and weapons; a last line of defense against the chaos-bringer, Unicron
Post the TF:TM mistakes here and do it now!!!
Eternal 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-16, 12:23 AM   #33
epsilon supreme
Banned

thank you for everything!!! it's a sad day to see it all go, but it was a great run while it lasted.

epsilon supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-16, 04:54 AM   #34
Grimlock
The name's Lock. Grim Lock. License to be smooth.

Suffragette City, Oooh Wham! Bam! Thank You Maam!

Just posting to say thanks for providing the episodes I'v been downloading since I first came to this site, and it's sad to see them go, but your situation is more than understandable. Thanks Brendan.

"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-16, 11:42 AM   #35
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

If you can find an alt to PayPal, I'll certainly donate to the board... incidentally, have the chances of an ep trading forum gone up at all?

My thanks also to the boss man -- although the only thing I've ever D/Led from here was the Canadian TF:TM, all of the encoding I have definitely came from here.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 04:14 AM   #36
HEDGESMFG

This is truly sad...thanks to you I was able to see all of Beast Wars and Beast Machines again. I would've loved to make a donation...but sadly I can't make use of a credit card...so Paypal was out of the question.

Is someone going to make another TF hubb and encode Armada eps? I'm sad to see this place go, but Direct Connect has been a good alternative...and obviously someone needs to encode the rest of Armada (even if it is semi-crap).

HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 04:41 AM   #37
ScatterShot84

I feel kinda sad that the costs of these servers have gotten the better of the general public's donations etc... I'll always come
back to TFarchive though, it wasn't the episodes that got me here in the first place, it was everything else.

Decepticons are like rust spots - they're ugly and they can pop up anywhere
ScatterShot84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-17, 02:22 PM   #38
Cyberman
I have no title...

Well, thereīs not much left to say I think. Sad, but probably inevitable.

If you ever manage to keep just one single episode online, that would be great.
Canīt you increase the amount of advertisments? Send out eMails to registered users containing ads. Do whatever necessary to keep this great download-site.

Anyway, great work - we all owe you a lot for keeping it up that long.

Cyberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-18, 01:16 AM   #39
The Plant

BOONEdocks of oblivion

TFArchive, do you encode the eps yourself? If so, could you still encode the new Armada eps as they become availiable, and host them from your computer (not a server) on the DC hub and let a couple people dl off you, and then everybody start dl'ing off of them and so forth untill the hub goes down? Sorry about the debt, and I thank you for keeping the episodes up as long as you have. It was a great thing. Very hard to accomplish in this day and age.
Thanks

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
The Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-19, 12:11 AM   #40
ThePeacemkr2
One with the Matrix

Massachusetts

I will be sad to see eps go, but I cant believe how much u were paying just so people could d/load eps! I mean, even w/ a high paying job thats quite a hunk of cash. your so nice . If u did want to convert the rm's to DivX, since i seem tohave seen a good amount of people who want them DivX or higher quality,

1. If u want I can convert rms to divx... they dont really change in quality or resolution tho, just less choppy (sicne thier less compressed, RM compresses way too much), and are about twice as large.

2. Also, program i used to convert them to DivX was "EOVideo" (dont remember site right now tho, srry).

3. I dont really think u would get many more people pay for it even if they were divx, simply because, all those 56k users out there would be spending a couple days on one ep alone, so monthly they might only get maybe 20, if they were on internet nonstop downloading. (which is unlikely with a 56k, as theres things such as phone charges )

ThePeacemkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote