• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Website Stuff

Old 2002-10-19, 02:34 PM   #41
Davetron

Orlando
Exclamation

I am very sad to see the eps go but it is very understandable why it must be so. I just started coming here about a year ago and just recently signed on to show my support for this site. Even though the eps are gone I will still stay here.

Davetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-19, 07:09 PM   #42
nmathew
Matrix Keeper

Bay Area

Quote:
Originally posted by HEDGESMFG
This is truly sad...thanks to you I was able to see all of Beast Wars and Beast Machines again. I would've loved to make a donation...but sadly I can't make use of a credit card...so Paypal was out of the question.

Is someone going to make another TF hubb and encode Armada eps? I'm sad to see this place go, but Direct Connect has been a good alternative...and obviously someone needs to encode the rest of Armada (even if it is semi-crap).
I'd like to give it a shot, but my ********** of a ******** **** video capture card just took a dump on me. I hope that it's just upset over some new hardware...

Is anyone else planning on encoding them?

--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
nmathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-19, 07:16 PM   #43
yakko
Micromaster

Memphis, TN, US

there's always the original TF Direct Connect hub. Multiple people in IaconHub are encoding Armada.

Last edited by yakko; 2002-10-19 at 07:20 PM.
yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-20, 01:35 AM   #44
LigerZero

Have you thought of just putting 1 episode up per series, for 2 weeks?

THE WIND, THE CLOUD, AND THE ADVENTURE....

Check out my EBay Auction The Constructicons set of Knock Offs.
LigerZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-20, 02:46 AM   #45
nmathew
Matrix Keeper

Bay Area

Quote:
Originally posted by yakko
there's always the original TF Direct Connect hub. Multiple people in IaconHub are encoding Armada.
Yeah... I used to be one of them :-) Do you know which people are doing it?

--Nathan

--nmathew

G91 says I'm now part of the old guard.
nmathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-20, 04:07 AM   #46
yakko
Micromaster

Memphis, TN, US

[mb3]Grimlock a.k.a. Bajamut is encoding the eps I prefer, and NewOrder_Srv is making smaller mpg formatted episodes. I think a couple other people are encoding, but I'm not sure exactly who they are.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-20, 08:17 AM   #47
Cyberman
I have no title...

It might be too late to ask now, but - isnt there a way of somehow monitoring the used bandwith per day and setting a limit? If too much download is the problem, why not restrict it?

Cyberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-20, 08:27 AM   #48
Almagnus1

Colorado, USA (/dev/hda1/)
Default Thanx!

Just wanted to say thanx for many an episode of TF spanning every series hosted here. Sad to see it go tho. Ah well, still a great board here (even if i do more reading than posting tho :-D

You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Almagnus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-21, 06:37 PM   #49
Spiderman_00

I just found this place a little while ago.....but thanks for the episodes and I hope to still come here and interact with everyone...

Spiderman_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-21, 06:41 PM   #50
Plasmodium
Groovy

Canada
Red face

Spiderman, animated sigs arent allowed.

Plasmodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-23, 10:01 AM   #51
Spiderman_00

Quote:
Originally posted by Plasmodium
Spiderman, animated sigs arent allowed.
Whatcha mean....???

Old 2002-10-23, 11:33 AM   #52
Vincent Price

The Netherlands

The banner in your signature is animated. That's not allowed. Remove it, please.

Speaking of conservative candidates, I could just go on and on and on and on and on and not let anyone else get as word in it until I start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards *starts foaming at the mouth and falls over backwards*
Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-23, 02:53 PM   #53
Spiderman_00

Hmmm...I read the rules and didnt see nothing about that.....if that is the case this would be the first message board that I have seen that didnt allow it....

Quote:
Rules for signatures and images used in signatures The total filesize of any images in your signature must not exceed 40Kb. In addition, all graphics and text must fit within a rectangle 475 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall, when viewed at 800x600 screen resolution. These restrictions are to ensure bearable loading times for modem users, and readability on all monitors. They are not optional.
And my sig is well under the 40k mark...its actually like 25k

I just hope this isnt pick on the nOOb time.....

Old 2002-10-23, 06:06 PM   #54
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Price
The banner in your signature is animated. That's not allowed. Remove it, please.
Erm, we prefer to do the asking, thanks -- if you spot a problem, the staff will be more than happy to listen... in fact, I only even noticed this because someone pointed it out, as I tend to surf with sigs off these days. It avoids arguments if people telling people to do things have the authority to back those requests up.

Right... clarification. We don't like animations being used in sigs because a) newcomers see them and use ones of their own, failing to realise how large they tend to be, and b) the visual distraction can be very irritating, and rather than have to weigh each on a case-by-case basis and have arguments about what constitutes an annoyance, it's far more practical to simply ask people not to use them.

I'm surprised I managed to miss that out of the board rules, actually... and we're certainly not alone as a board in preferring people not to use them.

By the way, welcome to our new members!

Last edited by Denyer; 2002-10-23 at 06:13 PM.
Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-23, 07:35 PM   #55
Vincent Price

The Netherlands

I wasn't trying to play boss or anything. Plasmodium said they weren't allowed, and Spiderman asked why, so I assumed it was a rule and said that.

I hope there are no hard feelings or anything.

Speaking of conservative candidates, I could just go on and on and on and on and on and not let anyone else get as word in it until I start foaming at the mouth and fall over backwards *starts foaming at the mouth and falls over backwards*
Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-25, 12:32 AM   #56
Jonin

Nowheresville. Actual Locale: N.S. Canada
Thumbs up

Thanks so much for the eps all these years I've been coming here and getting them Brendan, even back when I was on a 56k connection (which frighteningly enough I may have to go back to soon! ) and downloading them slowly.

I'm missing some classic eps still and have the Japanese series to get yet as well as any new Armada and RiD stuff...just reformatted and am thinking of installing Direct Connect to see on getting what I need from here on out.

Thanks again!

--------
=Jonin=
--------
Jonin's DeviantArt Page

--------

Last edited by Jonin; 2002-10-25 at 12:40 AM.
Jonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-25, 06:58 AM   #57
Spiderman_00

No hard feelings guys....I will replace it A.S.A.P.....Just need to find a good VeggiTales one.....

Old 2002-10-26, 07:06 PM   #58
Dark Angel

Quebec, Canada
Default Where can we get Armada?

Hello. I think that saying a huge thank is the least I can do. When I discovered this site, I noticed that I was not the only G1 fan on the entire planet and I was very happy.

I really understand your problem as I also am a webmaster (www.adnddownloads.com) and my sites provides downloadable files for the Dungeons & Dragons game. I also have to find banner adds and sell some stuff to pay for my server.

Anyway, I'd like to know where will it be possible in the future to find the Armada episodes; the Cartoon Network isn't available where I live. I don't know if the encoder reads this forum, but it would be great to at least find a way to let these episodes available.

Thanks again, and I also suggest you let all these pop-ups and banners so you can get out of dept as fast as possible.

Strahd Von Zarovich
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-27, 03:35 AM   #59
TF Maniac

Hello. I'm new here and please excuse me for my bad English but I'm still learning it.
First of all I'd like to thank to the the owner for all the episodes and second I want to make a suggestion - please try the following links and tell me can you open them (do yiu see a site or your browser gives you an error).

http://free.techno-link.com
http://free.evro.net
http://free.data.bg
http://free.internet-bg.net

Note: It will be better if more people try the links and tell me are they able to see anything.

TF Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-10-28, 02:03 AM   #60
MaGilicuti
Banned

i'll try to dl most of them (have all the g1 cartoons on my hd already) and put up my direct connection if ppl need the episodes

MaGilicuti is offline   Reply With Quote