• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2002-12-07, 08:14 AM   #41
1SoundWave1

I don’t know why anyone cares about how earth was made. Now look at my view on creation or evolution...
Well lets see who cares about how we were made what we should really care about how we will be destroyed cause why should we be like the dinosaurs and not know what hit us
Well anyway I think are seed will be wiped off this planet by aliens that are dinosaurs

So in conclusion the “TRUTH IS OUT THERE”

Old 2002-12-07, 01:13 PM   #42
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by nmathew
I don't want to say that He could fail, so I guess we dropped the ball.
It's an interesting philosophical point... read Memnoch?

God, if It exists, is responsible for everything. It knows not only what has been, but what is and what will be... every minute facet, every variable... whereas if you consider that It is unsure as to the outcome of things, you have a whole new ball game.

Old 2002-12-07, 02:28 PM   #43
Savannahtron
Micromaster Gestalt

Savannah, GA

Yeah Denyer,

when I was younger, I was a devout Catholic, even became an alter attendant.

When I started to have my doubts (I was about 16) I felt more like if God was omnipotent and omniscient, then he knew what was going to go on for us and every human that would ever live.

I felt like we were all just on a stage to entertain God.

At that point, I came to realize that I needed to do some self introspection, and I found out that I was more of a person who relied on reason than faith.

Reason would tell me that an ex-con would be more likely to commit a crime, but faith would say to give him/her the benefit of the doubt.

Reason would say that there is no explanation for some of the horrible things that happen in the world, but faith would tell me that it is part of God's plan, and I just can't understand it.

One time I had a dream, and in the dream nothing actually happened, but something revealed or opened my mind into seeing that the reality we live in is a fraction of a myriad of realities that could be. Not so much like an alterverse, but more like they are all happening at the same time, but only 1 of them is the one we percieve.

Now as for me interpreting the dream, I can not, but I have had lay people and non lay people think about it.

The lay people say it is a message from God, and that I should take it to heart and believe.

The non lay people just thought it was deep, but a lot like sci fi.

So even though I am not religious, I can still have spiritual moments, but I have found that believing in myself, and not giving away money I need to some church has helped me a lot.
I do give donations every year to Goodwill, and Toys for Tots, and I will usually buy fundraiser things for kids that come to my door to support a field trip or something, but I don't believe in tithing, I think it was something that a religious government came up with a long time ago to raise money.

After all, if God is all, then why does he need money?

Old 2002-12-08, 06:42 AM   #44
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon
Which came first the chicken or the egg, or the slug amoeba that crawled out of the primordial soup from which all life crawled out of. Why debate ancient earth Mythology? Do Dragons exist because an ancient Chinese text says they happened. The Bible can be no more proven then the existence of Zeus, or some other demi-god of old world lore. Its just that the Bible survived over the centuries whereas other maybe more important documents were destroyed by Christians, or the death of ancient Egyptians top religious priests. Perhaps the burning of the Alexandria library was a turning point in the Bibles vice grip upon Earths populace.
Ok I am REALLY REALLY tired so don't expect much for now. I spent too much "quality time" with my Sony PSX and FF Tactics.

Interestingly enough, Chinese "Dragons" are more likely the result of human beings seeing Dinosaurs in the past. We all know Dinosaurs happened (from the fossils). Dinosaur as a word didn't come into usage until recently--far too recently for the Chinese and their Dragons. Problem is, evolution demands somehow and for some crazy reason that ALL dinosaurs died out long before people showed up.

You can't say that just because something stops showing up in the fossil record that at that moment is when it went extinct. I mean come on, the Coelacanth was assumed to be extinct for many millions of years but living ones were caught this last century.

You want me to prove that Creation happened? The only way I can do that is by ruling out Evolution. That's why I'm "bashing" it--because well it's bashable. Well, how about the fact that Evolution demands that Earth had a Methane-based atmosphere, along with Hydrogen and Ammonia? After all, that's what they based that one experiment on where they created amino acids. If Free Oxygen had been around it would have destroyed any of the molecules of amino acids.

And what do we see in the rocks--even the earliest ones?

OXIDIZED minerals!!! There was oxygen in the air at the time, all the time!

THEREFORE--life could NOT have formed spontaneously. The evidence clearly shows that Earth NEVER had the kind of atmosphere they thought it should for life to spontaneously come out of nowhere.

There are bees. And there are plants that "make" bees--that is, parts of certain plant flowers look like bees! Chance of that evolving = don't make me laugh.

Yucca Moth ONLY lays eggs in Yucca flower. Yucca plant can ONLY be pollinated by Yucca Moth. Which came first, the Moth or the Yucca plant? And what did the one do before the other came along?! ANd note that Yucca Moth larvae NEVER eat all the seeds! Chance of that evolving = BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Old 2002-12-08, 06:45 AM   #45
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by nmathew
I agree with Warcry. The Man gave 10 rules. 10!

Number 6 was

"Thou shall not kill."

4 words, single syllables, and look how unable we've been able to understand that. Sad really.

I don't want to say that He could fail, so I guess we dropped the ball.
Actually in the original Hebrew, it was "Thou shalt not murder", but eh.

"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Old 2002-12-08, 06:48 AM   #46
Sheba
One with the Matrix

Sephiroth's Backyard

Quote:
Originally posted by Savannahtron

After all, if God is all, then why does he need money?
It's not that he needs money--the point is that He is the source of all things and giving some of it "back" to him is a reminder of where it came from.

Oh and BTW, of course God has no real Gender, but He obviously doesn't want us to call Him "It," and he/she is totally out of the question, so that leaves "Him." Plus the fact that Jesus Christ appeared in the form of a GUY.

Old 2002-12-08, 07:29 AM   #47
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheba

Interestingly enough, Chinese "Dragons" are more likely the result of human beings seeing Dinosaurs in the past. We all know Dinosaurs happened (from the fossils). Dinosaur as a word didn't come into usage until recently--far too recently for the Chinese and their Dragons. Problem is, evolution demands somehow and for some crazy reason that ALL dinosaurs died out long before people showed up.
Cavemen did exist at least 50,000 years ago perhaps longer but nobody really knows. At this time there may have been a lot of strange and varied creatures at this time. The Komodo dragon is one example of a species that may have survived from the Cretaceous period.

Quote:
You can't say that just because something stops showing up in the fossil record that at that moment is when it went extinct. I mean come on, the Coelacanth was assumed to be extinct for many millions of years but living ones were caught this last century.
There are countless species who dont even exist yet. Wildlife perhaps namely insects and spiders have numbers in the millions that have yet to be discovered, most notably the Amazon rainforest. Amazon.com has a forest? Not to mention the countless numbers of animal and plant life at the bottom of the ocean.

Quote:
You want me to prove that Creation happened? The only way I can do that is by ruling out Evolution. That's why I'm "bashing" it--because well it's bashable. Well, how about the fact that Evolution demands that Earth had a Methane-based atmosphere, along with Hydrogen and Ammonia? After all, that's what they based that one experiment on where they created amino acids. If Free Oxygen had been around it would have destroyed any of the molecules of amino acids.
Oxygen is the byproduct of the oceans plankton species. Of which whales feed upon, and have been doing for about 150-250 million years. I'm sure phytoplankton has been around longer spewing oxygen into the atmosphere.

Quote:
And what do we see in the rocks--even the earliest ones?
Depends on which rocks your looking at. Radiolarian chert is a rock that contains an ancient species of krill that is now extinct. The rocks are red cuz the animal was red.

Quote:

THEREFORE--life could NOT have formed spontaneously. The evidence clearly shows that Earth NEVER had the kind of atmosphere they thought it should for life to spontaneously come out of nowhere.
Which just dismisses your creation theory that all of a sudden God farted out the earth over six days. Whereas evolution is a slow some times fast paced, due to disasters, process over millions and billions of years

Quote:
There are bees. And there are plants that "make" bees--that is, parts of certain plant flowers look like bees! Chance of that evolving = don't make me laugh.
Plants have to develop self defense mechanisms over the milleniums to defend them selves against animals or in this case attract then to spread pollen. There is one theory about flowers killing off the dinosaurs because they were eating all of the plantlife and trampling many species. Flowers were inedible and spread rapidly sealing their fate.

Quote:
Yucca Moth ONLY lays eggs in Yucca flower. Yucca plant can ONLY be pollinated by Yucca Moth. Which came first, the Moth or the Yucca plant? And what did the one do before the other came along?! ANd note that Yucca Moth larvae NEVER eat all the seeds! Chance of that evolving = BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Life finds a way, no matter how impossible the odds. The Yucca moth perhaps used a substitute if it came first then gradually upgraded to the new Yucca flower that had sprang from a crossbred split hybrid. Or the Yucca flower at first was another species with a different host carrier. If that carrier species died off it would have had to adapt and change to the new environment or species that would come along. Remember at this time all of the continents were connected at the Earths infancy. Imagine all of the worlds species suddenly coming together. Life was diverse beyond our wildest imaginations. Example to back up my statements. Certain African frogs are asexual and breed without the need of a male.

Old 2002-12-08, 07:39 AM   #48
Strafe
Certifiably not cool.

Chicago, Illinois
Exclamation

Quote:
Problem is, evolution demands somehow and for some crazy reason that ALL dinosaurs died out long before people showed up.

Evolution demands no such thing. Dunno where you got that idea. Rather a meteor smashing into the Yucatan is what demanded their deaths...

No, but when you see no more examples of an animal, and there are a ton of those animal's fossils at a certain strata, it's a safe justified assumption to make.

Do you see Triceratops running around anymore? Didn't think so.

Well, how about the fact that Evolution demands that Earth had a Methane-based atmosphere, along with Hydrogen and Ammonia? After all, that's what they based that one experiment on where they created amino acids. If Free Oxygen had been around it would have destroyed any of the molecules of amino acids.And what do we see in the rocks--even the earliest ones?

Because Oxygen did exist in the early atmosphere, just like we have trace elements of highly poisonous gases in our atmosphere right now. However the ratio between Oxygen and other gases was much different than today. It's not like there was no oxygen at all. It was there, just not enough to support aerobic respiration.

Natural Selection. Common genetic difference that manifested itself in a plant, it survived, it passed its genes etc etc.

Life sees an opportunity and takes it. At some point the moths found the flower to be an excellent way to survive. Those that adapted to use the flower went on to reproduce quite often. Again Natural Selection.

and he/she is totally out of the question, so that leaves "Him."
For us pitiful humans, it may be the best way at the moment for the instances it is necessary. It's not about lack of respect, simply seeking to avoid a humanisation of God.

Oh um, I feel sorry for Hound, he was ignored again...

Last edited by Strafe; 2002-12-08 at 08:13 AM.
Old 2002-12-08, 10:31 AM   #49
Tenoh
Banned

*Wonders around the board.Sees this thread.*Ah,what do we have here?...*goes inside.*Oh,it's about me too!!!YAY!!!!*Shows up.With the dr.Nicks voice.*Hi! Everybody!...hehe....
Now serieosly,i'm here not to start a war .I just like to say that if there is a god then i HATE him!I'm one of his enemys!If he is there then he is worthless,so its dosent really matter if he exists or not.

Last edited by Tenoh; 2002-12-08 at 05:51 PM.
Old 2002-12-08, 01:45 PM   #50
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Quote:
You want me to prove that Creation happened? The only way I can do that is by ruling out Evolution.
...because I said I was gonna...

SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!

Ok, now that that is out of the way...

Notice how I've edited everything not relevent out of the quote? The problem is that ruling out evolution doesn't prove creationism.

I'm not gonna tell you that creation didn't happen and I'm not looking to have you tell me that creation didn't happen. You know what I want to hear and if you want to get any respect from me and I'd gather from lots of other people you'll just say it...

BTW, if you quote this post and ask me what it is I want you to say, I am so gonna have an Auros moment and go off....

Oh and before I go I'd like to thank Tenoh for his grand contribution to this thread:rolleyes:

1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Old 2002-12-08, 01:52 PM   #51
Amnesia
Powermaster

Vienna, Austria

Quote:
You want me to prove that Creation happened? The only way I can do that is by ruling out Evolution.
Actually even if you could completely prove evolution wrong, that wouldn't automatically make creation right. It's not an either-or question. Say you prove that evolution can't be true (hah). That doesn't mean things happened exactly as described in the bible. Maybe we were created by aliens.
You would have to bring arguments in favor of your own theory. That's what Hound asked for. But of course you ignored him again.

EDIT: I should post faster, by the time I submitted this Hound had already beaten me to it. D'oh!

Last edited by Amnesia; 2002-12-08 at 01:54 PM.
Old 2002-12-08, 03:28 PM   #52
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Right, this is a bit unphilosophical, but y'know what finally completely turned me atheist? 9/11. I'm quite a desensitised person, and don't tend to have many feelings for Joe Public as a result, but basically if there is a God, he dropped the ball then, big time. Not only by letting the towers be hit, but then by letting them fall on countless rescue workers. Sorry, but I'd rather have no God than one who'd let something like that happen. I know he could hardly part the clouds and hold them up with his hands, but that's the way I feel, and no amount of people calling me ignorant or babbling about apples and snakes is gonna change my mind. Quoth the poet "How long can God hold a grudge, right?".

Old 2002-12-08, 05:35 PM   #53
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

You guys need to stop giving Sheba things to argue about besides the actual point. I'm trying to back her into a corner and you keep giving her ways out...

Old 2002-12-08, 05:58 PM   #55
Tenoh
Banned

Oh boy....You guys are so naive(Sheba too!).Dont you see that it dosent matter if god exist or not.The past dosent matter too.If there were a god he probebly wouldnt wanna talk to or help humans.So this debate is pointless...but if you all wanna spend your time thinking about it,oh well.....not my loss.:rolleyes:

Old 2002-12-08, 06:02 PM   #56
Strafe
Certifiably not cool.

Chicago, Illinois

Quote:
Originally posted by Tenoh
Oh boy....You guys are so naive(Sheba too!).Dont you see that it dosent matter if god exist or not.The past dosent matter too.If there were a god he probebly wouldnt wanna talk to or help humans.So this debate is pointless...but if you all wanna spend your time thinking about it,oh well.....not my loss.:rolleyes:
I eAt yOuR bAbIEs

Old 2002-12-08, 06:22 PM   #57
Tenoh
Banned

*Punches Strafe in the nose.* I dont have any babies!
*Turns around.*Anyone else want to try?

Old 2002-12-08, 06:25 PM   #58
Strafe
Certifiably not cool.

Chicago, Illinois

Quote:
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame7.html

Old 2002-12-08, 06:29 PM   #59
Redstreak
Banned

Motown

I can see these links becoming very popular very soon...

Edit--
Wow, 4444...that's a lotta 4's on the ol' post count....

Old 2002-12-08, 06:57 PM   #60
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
I table the notion of this pisspot getting the custom rank of "t\/\/atboy".

Closed Thread