Old 2003-03-17, 05:12 AM   #21
Blaster_86

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of Starscream
Pokemon has no point at all...
AS bad as it is it does have a point.

Old 2003-03-17, 06:05 AM   #22
Gundam Primus

[Billy Madison] "Back to school..back to school..to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool.."[/Billy Madison]

The answer to the question is Pokemon. So irritating... The Mario cartoon was cool, I watched that all the time as a kid. And I loved the more action-oriented Sonic cartoon. It came on ABC down here in TN, I believe... and just to pose a question here- what about the Sonic cartoon where he has a band with his two cousins, a green boy hedgehog and a pink girl hedgehog? (not Amy Rose) Or were they brother and sister? I don't know, memory's a bit hazy. For being a Sonic show, I thought it was kind of a flop.

Thanks to Quicksilver and Stone Cold Skywarp for their help.

Without resolution, we cannot fight." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing

The God of Death is back from Hell! - Duo Maxwell (I love that one.)
Gundam Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-17, 11:39 AM   #23
DrSpengler
Primus

Yeah, that was Sonic Underground. They made that after the ABC series when no one really cared about SOnic anymore. Bad timing. It would have been better had they excluded the crappy musical segments.

The only really good Sonic animation were the two OVAs (called Sonic the Hedgehog the Movie in America) made in Japan. Despite the dub, I really liked them and they blew away all the American cartoons.

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-17, 09:29 PM   #24
Jonin

Nowheresville. Actual Locale: N.S. Canada
Lightbulb

There was a Darkstalkers/Nightwarriors cartoon as well IIRC, but I never got to see it to know what it was like...

--------
=Jonin=
--------
Jonin's DeviantArt Page

--------
Jonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-17, 11:30 PM   #25
Gundam Primus

[Billy Madison] "Back to school..back to school..to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool.."[/Billy Madison]

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
...The only really good Sonic animation were the two OVAs (called Sonic the Hedgehog the Movie in America) made in Japan. Despite the dub, I really liked them and they blew away all the American cartoons.
Yes, I have heard good things about them. I'd like to pick it up on DVD and watch it in subtitles. From what I've seen, the animation style is reminiscent of the anime opening to the old Sonic CD game. It had that sort-of catchy theme song "Sonic Boom" Heh heh. Memories...

Thanks to Quicksilver and Stone Cold Skywarp for their help.

Without resolution, we cannot fight." - Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing

The God of Death is back from Hell! - Duo Maxwell (I love that one.)
Gundam Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-03-17, 11:45 PM   #26
DrSpengler
Primus

Quote:
Originally posted by Gundam Primus
Yes, I have heard good things about them. I'd like to pick it up on DVD and watch it in subtitles. From what I've seen, the animation style is reminiscent of the anime opening to the old Sonic CD game. It had that sort-of catchy theme song "Sonic Boom" Heh heh. Memories...
Yeah, the OVAs were animated by the same studio that did the SOnic CD opening/Closing (which can be found as an extra in the Gcube Sonic Mega Collection).

And the Darkstalkers anime was...okay. The Ocean Group did their usual awesome dub (Scott McNeil was perfect as Lord Raptor). But it seemed a little rushed. A lot of characters didn't appear until the very end and even them it was only for a few seconds. And my two favorite characters, Raptor and Felecia, needed bigger roles.

Then there's the American Darkstalkers cartoon. I won't even get into how much that sucked.

So in conclusion:

Avoid Tekken the Movie like the plague! You'll thank me!

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-11, 12:15 AM   #27
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.

Wasn'there a generic nintendo cartoon?

I remember a boy being sucked into his Nintendo TV screen. It had several nintendo characters and the Gameboy stared in it in later eps.

I used to watch the Mario cartoon. It was pretty good as a videogame conversion went.The entros were pretty well done esp Mario 3.

On the odd ocassion Pokemon had a few good eps. the cartoon was addictive if you played the game as well. Got very repettitive though.

Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-11, 01:54 AM   #28
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Wasn'there a generic nintendo cartoon?

I remember a boy being sucked into his Nintendo TV screen. It had several nintendo characters and the Gameboy stared in it in later eps.
You mean Captain N, the Game Master. That princess was hot!

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-11, 06:53 AM   #29
Astrotrain99
Dinobot

Virginia
Red face

Anyone remember the other Captain N like cartoon that featured lesser characters from the 8-bit era called Video Power? The characters where Kuros(Wizards and Warriors), Kwirk a tomatoe guy(had a gameboy game by the same name), Bigfoot(Bigfoot), Tyrone the basketball player(Arch Rivals), and Max Force(N.A.R.C.) and the main villan was Big Boss(also from N.A.R.C.). It also had live action segments with a guy named Johnny Arcade. Later on the live action and cartoon split into seperate shows and the live action one became a game show where you competed to with video game prizes and still hosted by Johnny Arcade.

I'd probably pick that one if it was a choice. Cartoon wasn't that great.

http://www.nesplayer.com/television/...iles/power.htm
http://grblitz.overclocked.org/vidpower.htm
...thepain.

Astrotrain trips: Come take a cruse of the lovely planet of Char, er... ok, maybe not that lovely.

Last edited by Astrotrain99; 2003-08-11 at 06:56 AM.
Astrotrain99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-11, 02:13 PM   #30
Brave Maximus
Cybertronian Paladin

Gehenna

On the list Pokemon - Though you did forget Digimon on the list, and monster rancher.
most demonized is the Tekken movie

Spengler - I should have taken your advice, but I found it for a doller at the store, brand new. That right there should have told me something. God it was horrible. I've only delved into the Tekken game story lines, and I still did not enjoy this movie.
Sad when you feel you've wasted $1.15 on a movie

Brave Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-08-12, 04:19 PM   #31
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

there was a darkstalkers cartoon, but it sucked. i heard it was better if you could get the japanese version.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote