Prepare For TRANSFORMERS MONTH! (G1 Ongoing Press Release)

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Prepare For TRANSFORMERS MONTH! (G1 Ongoing Press Release)

Post by Bombshell »

From Transfandom.com

PREPARE FOR TRANSFORMERS MONTH.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Source: Candice Chan, Public Relations Manager, Dreamwave Productions

TRANSFORMERS: GENERATION ONE ISSUE#1 DEBUTS!
THE ORIGINAL ROBOTS IN DISGUISE. ARE BACK!!

OCTOBER 2003 - To celebrate "TRANSFORMERS MONTH," Dreamwave and Hasbro Consumer Products Worldwide shift into high gear with the all-new ongoing series TRANSFORMERS: GENERATION ONE. This legendary tale of Autobots versus Decepticons is ready to roll out in stores with Issue #1 in January 2004. Dreamwave will release a special "prequel" Issue #0 in December 2003 to set the stage to this new epic adventure.

The TRANSFORMERS GENERATION ONE will start with Starscream and his band of rogue Decepticon robots as they make their way towards Earth. Meanwhile, with Optimus PRIME and MEGATRON being reconstructed, PROWL struggles to hold things together as CYBERTRON teeters on the brink of destruction. All that and ... the debut of a brand-new GENERATION ONE character! Writer Brad Mick has fired up this seat-throttling adventure and with one of TRANSFORMERS fans' favorite artists Don Figueroa penciling the meanest bots ever.

This is the one I've been waiting for since I was a little kid, exclaimed writer," Brad Mick (TRANSFORMERS: G1 V.2, More Than Meets The Eye, Devil May Cry). "So, expect the intensity level to crank up to about 11 here with even more characters, more drama and of course more big, bad robot action than before! With Don Figueroa and Espen Grundetjern on board this will be the greatest looking TRANSFORMERS comics since TRANSFORMERS: The Movie!"

Don Figueroa (TRANSFORMERS ARMADA, More Than Meets The Eye, War Within) exclaims, "What can I say other than what an honor it is to follow the footsteps of Pat Lee. I finally get to draw the old school bots! The TRANSFORMERS brand is on a roll lately, with a new television series, toys, video games and talks about an upcoming live action movie! It's one of the best revivals and it's great to be part of it. I hope you enjoy the ride!"

There will be three Figueroa covers including one single, one wrap-around and a limited Dynamic Forces cover. Pat Lee will also create an incentive cover which will feature an all new never been seen before character!

Pat Lee, President of Dreamwave shares, "Having Don work on the TRANSFORMERS ongoing series is amazing for Dreamwave. He is such an awesome TRANSFORMERS illustrator and will do great justice taking over the series. I will continue to work on new TRANSFORMERS titles but I'm really looking forward to Don's work on the TRANSFORMERS ongoing series and I am positive that the story and art will knock your socks off!!!"

Still want to see more Pat Lee art? Then add another item to add to your TRANSFORMERS G1 list. Pick up the TRANSFORMERS Generation One 2004 Calendar; it's the only way to start the TRANSFORMERS New Year. Also available is the mega-giant TRANSFORMERS Generation One Vol. 2 "ALL COVER" Poster featuring the 3 collective covers all together for the first time.

TRANSORMERS: GENERATION ONE #1 is set to hit comic book retailers during TRANSFORMERS MONTH in January 2004."

http://www.transfandom.com/~news/images/TFG1_01a.jpg

http://www.transfandom.com/~news/images/TFG1_01b.jpg
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Bombshell
this will be the greatest looking TRANSFORMERS comics since TRANSFORMERS: The Movie!"
Well, that's an inaccurate, piss-taking miswording if ever there was one.

Fortunately, we all know they mean 'art' rather than 'comics'... at least, those of us who've seen the original TF:TM comic adaptation do...

New character? Good. It's about time DW added something of their own.
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

or maybe they mean a character that didnt feature in the cartoon or in the comics, there were plenty of them
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

True. It wouldn't be surprising since most of DW's other press releases have either been lies (or filled with inaccuracies, depending on how you view them.)
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

That first pic is sweet.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

At least Prime looks better without the tanlines. :D

The "never before seen" character might actually be a never-before-seen character, or it might be Piranacon. (who never showed up in the American cartoon) Being he's in the background on that first piece of art.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Could be a Japanesse character too.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.