• transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2003-10-14, 05:27 PM   #41
00-Tosti

Is Beastwars/machines a seperate story ???

Does it matter if I don't watch G1 before I see Beastwars/Machines. Because I still have to see 88 episodes

00-Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-14, 07:16 PM   #42
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

They function as separate storylines. You don't need to watch 'G1' to follow BW (it may enhance your enjoyment in some later eps), and you don't need to watch BW to enjoy BM. I've watched more BM than BW.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-14, 07:49 PM   #43
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lambda prime
... Tankor never used his missiles, we usually got melee combat from the Maximals, that was 1990's politically correct stuff for you. They cant get away with stuff like they could in G1.
In actual fact that was a conscious decision made by the Beast Wars/Beast Machines chief writer, nothing to do with political correctness.

In an interview, he addressed people's concerns about the lack of weaponry in Beast Machines, and stated that, quite simply, he was bored of guns. If you watch an amount of the G1 episodes, there are lasers firing all over the place, but rarely does anyone die, or suffer any serious harm as a result. Because of this, the overall effect of a massive laser rifle is seriously diminished.

He could quite easily have included guns for all the Beast Machines characters, and written battle sequence after battle sequence, and they all would have been much the same. He felt that having the heroes resort to wits, skill and hand-to-hand weapons would make their struggle that much more effective. He makes no illusion about them being outclassed and outgunned, and its only through their willingness to embrace their beast skills and cool thinking methods that they can survive.

When looking at the show from this angle, I can kind of see what he meant. I for one found them more interesting than the battle scenes in many, if not all G1 episodes, and am glad that someone in this day and age can actually be bothered to entertain children in a more original way. He could've merely written a no-brainer and still got paid.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-14, 09:12 PM   #44
00-Tosti

I'm really enjoying to watch G1, I just finished "The Ultimate Doom" trilogy !! I just love the transforming of shockwave. He is much kewler than the transformation of Megatron. I will see all Transformer episodes in the right order. Just wanted to show my enthousiasm towards Transformers, this does not mean that I will start collecting toys

00-Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-15, 11:53 AM   #45
Lambda prime
Unicron

North East UK

Guns are becoming a issue in the UK and America after various murders, Dunblane, American High Schools and i reckon we'll be seeing only robots kicking the hell out of each other in future Transformer series. Ive noticed in Armada all the missiles from Cyclonus, Starscream, Demolisher and so on are lasers.
The ultimate Doom is definately a forgotten classic it may have a slow pace but its pivotal in that it brings Cybertron to the Milky way and instead of Cybertron just orbiting Earth, its orbit nearly causes a extinction. The sequal episode is brilliant and Archeville's fate is one of the things that defines Starscream.

Lambda prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-15, 02:51 PM   #46
Ozz
One with the Matrix

I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...
Wink

Quote:
The ultimate Doom is definately a forgotten classic
It's also usually forgotten that this thing is ripped off a Gobots Movie. Gobots, ladies and gentleman.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-15, 11:27 PM   #47
Garrason

State of Confusion

Quote:
Archeville's fate is one of the things that defines Starscream. [/B]
uhhh what did hapen to him?
last thing i rember of him was after he was turned into a half borg thing he talked scremer into going to earth to check on a bomb

If you allways expect disapontment you wont be disaponited
Garrason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-16, 12:06 AM   #48
Garand
Master of teh padlock

Flying high in my taxi

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
It's also usually forgotten that this thing is ripped off a Gobots Movie. Gobots, ladies and gentleman.
And I think the TF version was better.. though I haven't seen Ultimate Doom since it's last air.. (Saw part of it at Scout's.. but I fell asleep.. Long day that was)

Garand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-16, 02:40 AM   #49
Cyclonis

Charr

What did happen to Cybertron after those episodes, did it stay nearby or did it return to its original orbit?

Cyclonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-16, 11:24 AM   #50
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I like Auntie's point... it's true that guns in Transformers really don't mean anything after 98 episodes of ultra-powerful, super-intelligent computers not being able to hit each other at four yards, and when it did happen, it having the same effect as a punch. That's pointless and stupid, and also incredibly tedious. Even in TF:TM there are more misses than hits [dig Prowl's inability to hit Scavenger a few yards away, for one]...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-10-17, 11:45 AM   #51
Lambda prime
Unicron

North East UK

The Fact that starscream had Archeville altered into a cyborg but restricts his movements by the chair and restraints effectively imprisoning him in his own body and ditching him on a alien metal planet is creepy enough.

Lambda prime is offline   Reply With Quote