• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2004-06-21, 01:41 PM   #21
cocorubs

Bunkie, Louisiana

What does MOC and MISB mean in ebay language?

Is this guy: starwarsace a good seller?

What's the use?
cocorubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 02:22 PM   #22
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

If not mentioned in this thread, it's unlikely anyone here has a problem with him/her. You probably won't get any more feedback than by reading their eBay profile, though, since there are hundreds of thousands of eBay sellers.

MOC=Mint On Card, MOSC=Mint On Sealed Card, MOMSC=Mint On Mint Sealed Card, MIB=Mint In Box, MISB=Mint In Sealed Box, MIMSB=Mint In Mint Sealed Box. You get variations on these abbreviations. NM=Near Mint.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 07:40 PM   #23
cocorubs

Bunkie, Louisiana

I am scanning ebay. I know this post is for bad ebay sellers, but can you all recommend some awesome A+ Rated sellers? If you have time. I can always look at the 100% Rating, but I would rather know and do a search of the seller so I can see what he is selling.

I have now decided to hit ebay. I fianlly got all takara reissues out so far. Now I want to get some older G1 originals. So that I can play with them. If it is sealed in a box, I can't open them. But if I get them out of the box, then I can have fun with them. I guess?

Anyhow, if you have time please recommend me some good ebay sellers.

What else? Oh, yay! I am finally hitting Ebay looking for Transformers! Yay!

Hopefully I won't get ripped off too much. That's my biggest fear.

What's the use?
cocorubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 09:22 PM   #24
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Default Re: Question! Do you all ever check feedback first?

Quote:
Originally posted by cocorubs
The only way I buy transformers off of ebay is first to check the feedback,
I did check the feedback on my sellers. Usually, the ones that ripped me off have used fake user ids to build up their accounts. I once looked and saw all positive, and ended up spending $300+ on a Ft Max that never came. When I looked at the feedback, I noticed that he had the audacity to use his name in the fake user id.

EDIT: Seller called himself Wyndel Ramsaran, and the fake name user id he used was "MrWyndel" See for yourself: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...oundgarden2099

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2004-06-21 at 09:29 PM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 03:11 PM   #25
Piranacon

NYC

They should have at least 20 feedbacks in my opinion and should be 95% positive or higher. If you see 100% feedback but only 3 feedbacks you should be careful because those could have been 3 friends that gave them those feedbacks or even other accounts by the same person. I see frauds all the time.

Once i saw some guy cut the pictures from the box pictures from Unicron's website and had no feedback and people still bidded on it. He claimed 9 MISB transformers.

I saw another guy with no feedback and puts in the description you must pay for uninsured shipping and yet people still bidded.

This one other sneaky guy (not for transformers) put pictures up of a lot of clothing but the auction says very fast shipping but somewhere in all his text it says for the picture only. I mean sure it's fast shipping he only needs to email it to you! Yet people still left that guy nuetral feedback for those items. So you really got to read what people said in those feedback sometimes. Especially why they got negatives and nuetrals.
________
Big dick movies

Last edited by Piranacon; 2011-03-29 at 11:19 AM.
Piranacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-02, 11:56 PM   #26
pinklumpysugar

My bf is a huuuuuuuuuge TF fan and I'm bein' the ever dotin' gf here by joinin' this forum to do him a big favour (aren't I nice). I dont want you to think I'm spammin', coz I think he may even be a member of this board... but he's a good eBay Seller and atm he's breakin' his heart by sellin' this item [link removed] purely coz its too big for him and thinks it may benefit another TF fan more.

Thanks for havin' a look if you did - I'll let you carry on with your discussion now.

pinklumpysugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 12:10 AM   #27
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

This isn't a place to post sales—in fact, we specifically prohibit open trading on the board.

As a general thing, can we knock the conversation element on the head somewhat? It may not seem an issue now, but in a few hundred posts' time, it's going to be very difficult for someone to scan this thread for problem sellers.

Old 2004-07-03, 09:28 AM   #28
pinklumpysugar

Aww ok I'm sorry...

On the other hand I'm not breakin' the rules when I have the link in my sig...
"If you wish, auctions or trade lists may be advertised via links in your signature to external pages."

\/

pinklumpysugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 07:05 PM   #29
ESKiM0J03

stay away from tk_collectibles horrible seller even thou he has a high feedback score its been 100 days + and no item and ive emailed this guy dozens of times finally he responded and said he would give me a refund and then nothing http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3186997975

BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
ESKiM0J03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 03:28 PM   #30
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

I have a user to add to this list.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...geName=MERC_VI

and he is starworld toys [well, more like a toyshop, but whatever].

I bought MP Convoy on the 12th of june, and he got the money on the 15-16 the latest.

He left NO feedback, then left for a comic convention or sth until july 26th. When he came back he replied and said that the item was sent last week [so I'll have it this week, probably]. Still haven't left any feedback, which is strange, because he GOT the money and has sent the item.

I wouldn't recommend him if you want a decent, honest buy from e-bay.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 11:17 PM   #31
Evil Toaster

I've got no beef with Wheeljackslab. I just bought Snaptrap, Strafe, Thrust, Breakdown, and Skullcruncher from him, and they took about three weeks to get here. Not bad from Iowa to Newfoundland. There were no foul odors or the like, either.

If I do have a complaint, it's that the descriptions are too vague. For example, my Thrust is missing pretty much all of his stickers, which is not evident from the photo he gives (his photo is in jet mode, which has most stickers, but there are no robot stickers). And the couple he has are half peeled off, also not evident from the photo. I was, however, pleased with the fact that he stated clearly that Breakdown's stickers were repro/knockoff while the figure isn't.

-----------

Be careful when buying from this guy, "mr_forms".

I bought Ironhide and Wheeljack from him on July 9th. They didn't arrive until Tuesday. That's over 9 weeks, my friends, for a small package to get from Quebec to Newfoundland. At the beginning of August, I emailed him about the delay, and his response was, "expect your items soon - they were shipped a while ago." Yeah, I'll bet. The date on the postage sticker says Sept. 4th.

His descriptions were pretty vague, also. He gives a picture of Wheeljack, and says, "he's about a C7". That's it. Upon further inspection, he has sand all over him and in his joints, and there's a hairline crack on his roof joint.
He also didn't mention that Ironhide was missing pretty much all of stickers, either, which annoyed me. He did say "the tires crack a little", but that's about it.

A negative, now a positive:
"shawnmackay1593".

I bought three minibots from him, and later, a few more and a scattershot. Not only were his starting bids cheap, but the items arrived four days after payment. (the day before they arrived, he actually sent an email saying "I shipped the items today, just thought I'd let you know". How's that for courtesy?) The guy knows what he's doing - he gives great descriptions, good prices, fast shipping, and just a nice guy. highly reccommended.

My lesson for the past few months: before you buy anything, make sure to ask about a thorough description. It's best when sellers have photos of both modes, that way you can see every angle of the product. Otherwise, be careful.

Those decepti-creeps.
Evil Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 04:33 AM   #32
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Toaster
I've got no beef with Wheeljackslab. I just bought Snaptrap, Strafe, Thrust, Breakdown, and Skullcruncher from him, and they took about three weeks to get here. Not bad from Iowa to Newfoundland. There were no foul odors or the like, either.
The thing with this guy is that he's very much a mixed bag. I've heard good things and bad things about him, and personally have had both good and bad experiences with him.

You just never know how your transaction's going to go with him because he's inconsistent. If it goes smoothly, it's great. However, when something goes wrong, he can be very rude, and could use a few lessons in customer service.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 08:43 AM   #33
ESKiM0J03

you will also notice with him if he has 3 thrusts up for sale then he will use the same image all the time thats the only thing that ticked me off and his non excepting canadain paypal for some lame reason :P i have had a good experience with him thou

BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
ESKiM0J03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 03:14 PM   #34
Evil Toaster

Quote:
Originally posted by ESKiM0J03
you will also notice with him if he has 3 thrusts up for sale then he will use the same image all the time thats the only thing that ticked me off and his non excepting canadain paypal for some lame reason :P i have had a good experience with him thou
Actually, I had forgotten about that - I don't know why he doesn't accept Paypal from Canada, he's the only one I've ever seen who doesn't do it.

Those decepti-creeps.
Evil Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 04:52 PM   #35
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX
Default worldsfinestcomics

I nominate worldsfinestcomics to be blacklisted.

For three weeks now I've been trying to get my item from him (Armada MTMTE #3)...I've written to him three times, paid him the day after the auction, and have now threatened to go to eBay with the problem (luckily I paid PayPal, so I have records of the payment).

Still no word from this SOB.

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 03:22 PM   #36
allcreation

Here. Just Here.

toyrocket.

I won a TM2 Megatron from this guy for 50$ + shipping from usa to italy. It took more than a month and a half for it to arrive at my home and Toyrocket lied twice about shipping; in the end I asked him "when have you shipped my item?" and he answered "a week ago" first time; after 3 weeks he said "It was an error, it is gonna be shipped today" and after 2 weeks I asked him the very day he had chosen to ship my item and he replied with "I am very busy, this is the last email I can write you (I PAID, SORRY IF I DARE TO ASK YOU SOMETHING...), when it will arrive,it will arrive, bye"

Avoid TOYROCKET, he's not worthy.

allcreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 06:42 PM   #37
Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria

your screen
Default eBay scams

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookwise
the one i found was charlie p. he is a seller in the us. i pre ordered a armada unicron from him in june 2003 costing me over $120 and i still havent recieved anything. i emailed him in september and he said to wait another couple of weeks. december came and still nothing so i emailed him again. he said he will send another one out. so far ive not got anything. he had good feedback too. ended up buying my unicron from a uk seller who i have now used loads of times.
Rookwise: That is an old trick. What he is doing is putting you off until you have no recourse with eBay or Square trade. After a certain amount of time 30 days to 2 months (I don't remember) you can't even leave him negative feedback.

To everybody: Don't get too confident about feedbacks. Actually look at the items that were sold to result in the feedbacks and what you are intending to buy. (If you are buying a 2003 Harley for $2500 and see that the seller has all 400 positive feedbacks but that the feedbacks are from the last year alone and that they are all for $1.00 baseball cards, something is up there).

There is a scam that alot of thieves like to pull where they open up an ebay sellers account, sell 150 nearly worthless baseball cards (or bumper stickers or whatever), then get all positive feedbacks. Sometimes, they wait until the auctions are no longer linkable in the eBay system (3 months I think). Then they suddenly put up 20 auctions for $3000 computers (or whatever) with Buy it Now prices of $400. And the marks say, "What a great deal!"

By the time the seller / thief get negative feedbacks for the 20 people they didn't send computers to they have withdrawn the money from Paypal and thier Bank accounts and closed both accounts and made a cool grand or two.

Ebay will also not look into such things and such users usually have fake names associated with both eBay, Paypal, and possibly even the bank they used to get onto eBay for that sellers profile. So they aren't easy to trace unless you have some impressive resources.

SO MY POINT IS TO LOOK AT THE VALUE OF WHAT THEY HAVE SOLD IN THE PAST AND IF YOU CAN EVEN VIEW THIER PREVIOUS AUCTIONS. POSITIVE FEEDBACK ISN'T EVERYTHING.

BTW: I know about scams like the type mentioned above because in 2001 I was looking to buy a computer on eBay. There was a guy that was selling AMD athlon desktops that were totally maxed out, fastest CPU's, most ram possible at the time, burners, DVD-roms, etc. Turned out he was using a stolen credit card to create an eBay sellers profile.

However, he made the mistake of using the name on the stolen card as his contact information! So this is how I caught on to what was up: I bid on the auction and then immediately retracted my bid. I used the ebay site map to get the contact info of the seller. Instead of using the number listed in the contact info (usually an almost untraceable cell number) I used reverse look up to find the number using the name off of Netscape's on-line phone system. I called the number of the real person. When I got ahold of them it turned out they were the victim identity theft. They contacted the authorities and eBay. The guy was nailed, all of his auctions were closed and he was prosecuted. I am guessing it would have amounted felony larceny too, but he was also a minor. So he probably got away with a slap on the wrist and probation.

By the time he was busted he had to have made over $2000. But where the marks were only able leave him negative feedback, which was mute, considering it was his strategy to make a few grand fast and then disappear, people who really looked at what the guy was doing didn't get burned.

Anybody got any clearasil?

Last edited by Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria; 2004-11-21 at 01:12 AM.
Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 08:23 PM   #38
Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria

your screen
Default returning eBay seller to avoid

There is an ebay seller by the actual name of ________ who lives in Mansfield, TX. I am not sure of her current user name. She gets kicked off of eBay for ripping people off routinely. She sells Transformers DVDs,VCDs, and other Merchandice. Sad thing is that her feedback history is never that bad because people are afraid to give her negative feedbacks because they don't want to recieve them.

She has used such seller names as:

Mech_Akira
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...akira&frm=1728
Mechakira
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=mechakira
Galakira
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...akira&frm=1728
j_allen
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...userid=j_allen
jallen
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&iid=-1&de=off

Although she is located in the US she knows how to fool the ebay system into thinking she is a resident of Hong Kong and Great Britain in some instances. But sooner or later the payment goes to Mansfield, TX.

*So if you are about to by something Transformers or Anime related and the person wants you to send the payment to Mansfield, TX make sure it isn't this person. Send me a message on here and I'll tell you the name. Didn't think it would be such a hot idea to post it on a forum.

After she gets kicked off she gets a new eBay account and continues to rip people off. Your chance of getting merch. from this woman that you pay her for is about 1 in 2. Your chance of getting the quality you payed for is about 1 in 4.

She has gone by many seller names, such as MekAkira and Galakira. I am guessing she makes several thousand dollars a month off of eBay and yahoo sales. She is fairly seasoned pirate so its better to just avoid her.

I wasn't sure if it would be such a hot idea to post someones first and last name so if you are about to buy similar merchandice and are concerned you might be dealing with this person just send me a message and I tell who the person is.

The last couple of times I reported her and had her kicked off when she came back she continued to use the same name in her contact information (or subtle variations of it).

Last edited by Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria; 2004-11-20 at 08:53 PM.
Old 2004-11-21, 02:29 AM   #39
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria
Don't get too confident about feedbacks.
Please try to stick to reports, as this thread will get very unwieldy for people to scan for names if it becomes a general discussion about eBay.

Old 2004-11-21, 03:30 AM   #40
Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria

your screen

In that case, here are some people to add your block lists:

1_phatryde, 2730jcjcj, aceplucky, adam_bruner, aegetto1984, agrl2remembr, ahiebing, akyensch, alexc75, alien-killa, allstar1, amethysted, antihero4321, arb226, arceenielle, archieblue, at12046, autobotexe, baldi3pnoy, baron1272, belliott42383, bigd300, bignastyfart, bjallen12, blackstealth, bossman333, bozkill, brendymu, bridget3568, brivera2323, buckaroo-47, bumblerage, busted_f00l, cancer357, cardbuyin, carriesam, cbrooney, cfoure, chaleco_1, chris.weaponx, christschild777, chunky0529, chy42680, classic163, cline_maddy, clobland, collectashop, computron74, craigmaclachlan, crystal_hudyma, cybertronomega, cyberworksstudio, czen2, d501998, dalairym, darrel2468, darthtaco, daveyspet, ddbarata, deedrac95, deek1337, deussemper, dinordo, dragonlord2004, e1capon3, ebaenate, en4cerdawg43, erikgnr, evilboiz, ex-measures, fn001i, forjuve, freejack101, frenzyblue, gambit357blue, garuark, gelgoogj, georibjr, greenjadetelevision, hail_galvatron!, hakim192003, havoc40-half, heatermania, hendo_9, hijeff1, hirule005, hulkbuster0, idic314, impulse1001, j-dub22, jakelpta, japananimefan77, jayzit_rwa17, jcp5252, jdi-knight, john94587, johncoyne, jokerluelz, jpd0490, juggalo_bob45, juniorville, jwo9958, kaj1970, kevbmg, ki_56, kingbahamut, kingofcomedee, kmtooley, korexican24, krackerfoo470, lashores, laurielynn3266, lbeny, llb239, longboy0, lonniethreatte, lukedoggcars, machinenoise*com, mattimusprime74, mattschrock, metallikid123, michaepy, midian_after_dark, mikagami85, mikep1098, mikerendrag, mizreaper, modem_mom, moenasty, mrquito, msrev75, my_dog_gumbo, mylifeishz, nancidee, ndgiven, netofficer, nickleppo3, no12shamurunning, oc-jizzo, omnikhaosdragon, oncare, oneswithfacelikethis, orionpaxxx, ourdeals4you, pandadragonpinoy, park-flyer, patriot5656, phatvcd2002, plantman9000, playfulchef, power_cosmic, primenemesis, quality92, quizitar, rail3333, rakim0333, rancorhill, randybuffy, raoul588, rare7one, rdiron, redbearcat94, redcube, reef007, requiemtx, robimus, rock76_canada, rouen88, samrec, saturn_gal, sci-fi-mom, seapea78, second2nun, sega-saturn, septerra85, shackwave, sharkdecons, silverboltprime2002, skyblue35, skyswoopx, slow-dwn, snowboard153, soundwave25, spencer, spmook, sshuss, sto_vo_kor_2000, streetmusiq, super-convoy, swg_minnow, syco_one14, sydcrain, sykacbnes, sylvio64, takenpass, teedaddy7, tenchijack, teo678, thai-china, thed80, theproductx, thunderkitten013, tickizrit, timeallen76, tm2_quickstrike, tominator123, too2buff, tookiestoyland, topspooky1, toys4toon, tragic2010, transfan777, transformerfan73, trex527, tristx88, tuckamoose, tywon1, ultragears, ultrazilla2000, undacovabrtha2k2, vcd-dealer, violent-ed, violent_ed, violente, violented, virgobaybee, voilented, vylented, wagataga, wolveriney2k, work2mch, wwwallabouttoyscom, x-brawn001, y_thaddeus, ya_heard222, youngvader, zetazone,

That list is problem buyers / sellers I have run into dating back since 1999 on Ebay. Most were from transactions involving Transformers or Manga type merchandise.

Last edited by Flesh_Eatin_Bacteria; 2004-11-21 at 04:00 AM.