• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2004-02-17, 01:44 PM   #21
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

You do know Patyk was responsible for More Than Meets the Eye do you? As in "Subject Has No Known Weaknesses and is actually pretty much the same as the Marvel version really" and that horrid #8 infodump?

No, this would be a great chance to blood a new writer. These really won't be selling beyond fans. Give Graham Thomson a call DW!

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-17, 02:02 PM   #22
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You do know Patyk was responsible for More Than Meets the Eye do you? As in "Subject Has No Known Weaknesses and is actually pretty much the same as the Marvel version really" and that horrid #8 infodump?
Havenīt actually read much of MTMTE profiles (though I have scans for 1-5 for a taste). Iīll propably get the TPBs if those arenīt too expensive. But I kind of liked the few micromasters profiles I read.

Judging by the interview he might have ideas that could work. Iīll give Mick/Patyk a chance. But like I said, what worries me most is the story telling. Mick seems to have some good ideas when heīs not "borrowing" elements from older stories, but cannot make those work in his stories.

Quote:
No, this would be a great chance to blood a new writer. These really won't be selling beyond fans. Give Graham Thomson a call DW!
If they want wider audience, theyīd need to hire someone with a name already. And theyīre not willing to pay that kind of sums, I quess.

ps.
Still want to deal?

Osku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-19, 03:19 AM   #23
Windrazor

Between your girlfriends' legs

I'll get the comics just to get them. I love Transformers, and collect all that I can. I even had some of those Beast Formers.. the lil plastic figures with the rub signs of fire, wood and water.. only thing is.. when I went in the Air Force.. my parents sold em at a garage sale.. luckily .. my other things weren't sold.. Regardless.. I like Transformers memorabilia, and will collect what I can.. well.. except for those fricken animorphs.. stupidest things on the planet.. they should die.!!!!!

Windrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 08:35 PM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Osku
But I kind of liked the few micromasters profiles I read.
See, this is what I was saying to Blitzy above... it's a DW one-shot... there'll be a few throwaway lines that you can probably find referred to in MTMTE, but really we're looking at, at best, the levels of characterisation Marvel gave them... Look at what was given to the Mini-Cons across 18 issues... only Leader-1 was anything other than a bland cypher... the hope of a superb, character-driven Micromasters piece is slim, IMO, and it's more likely going to have a retro feel, with lots of things like cryptic tombs and references to older characters, lots of Matrix 'action' and almost certainly several pages of Unicron in planet mode.

Old 2004-02-21, 12:24 PM   #25
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland
Smile

Quote:
See, this is what I was saying to Blitzy above... it's a DW one-shot...
One-shot, like in one issue? Isnīt micoromasters supposed to be miniseries? Iīve seen enough from Dreamwave to not to expect a masterpiece...

Old 2004-02-21, 02:31 PM   #26
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Well, the article at the top says "one-shot", which in my understanding is a stand-alone... if they are, hopefully they'll be double-sized at least.

Old 2004-02-21, 02:37 PM   #27
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

Quote:
Well, the article at the top says "one-shot", which in my understanding is a stand-alone... if they are, hopefully they'll be double-sized at least.
From Patykīs interview at tformers.com

"What else are you working on these days?

Some development work on our upcoming Beast Wars series and a Robots in Disguise story in this year's Transformers Summer Special, and I'm also working on TF:G1 with my man Brad "Punk Ass" Mick. Speaking of whom, Brad and I have a couple of other very cool projects in the works, including the June-release Micromasters mini-series we're writing together."

Edit: ah there wasnīt a link to that interview in this thread. Care to edit the link to the first post Bombshell?

Last edited by Osku; 2004-02-21 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2004-02-21, 02:51 PM   #28
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

A mini's a bit more hopeful then But I still have the right to remain skeptical 'til I've read it

Old 2004-02-21, 03:06 PM   #29
Windrazor

When they say 'mini-series', is that to mean the same as the other series that have only been 6 issues long? I've yet to see a 1 issue comic come out. That would look kind of weird. It'd be a little more understandable for it to come out in 6 issues.

Old 2004-02-21, 03:16 PM   #30
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

Quote:
Originally posted by Windrazor
When they say 'mini-series', is that to mean the same as the other series that have only been 6 issues long? I've yet to see a 1 issue comic come out. That would look kind of weird. It'd be a little more understandable for it to come out in 6 issues.
Thereīs not much official information yet so we donīt know how many issues those mini-series include. Iīd quess 4 or 6 issues. Also I suppose that micromasters and BW minis donīt appear at the same time.

Old 2004-02-21, 03:36 PM   #31
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

See, I read it as three one-shots all tied together... I mean, would DW really mount two minis at the same time? With a special alongside?

Old 2004-02-21, 04:00 PM   #32
Windrazor

Quote:
See, I read it as three one-shots all tied together... I mean, would DW really mount two minis at the same time? With a special alongside?
You mean like how they did "War Within", "Transformers Generation One", oh.. and lets not forget the miniseries "Transformers vs GI Joe". Guess that makes 3 miniseries.

Old 2004-02-21, 04:12 PM   #33
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Which overlapped, rather than ran alongside. It's possible they'll do it that way, but it'd mean seperate creative teams.

Old 2004-02-21, 04:30 PM   #34
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

Itīs quite certain that Micromasters mini and BW mini are linked (golden disk in both covers). Itīd be logical to start with micromasters mini and continue with BW.

Old 2004-02-21, 05:17 PM   #35
Transfannabeel
Matrix Keeper

in the corner losing my religion

It'd be kind of weird if the rid was linked with the other two, since it is an alternate reality.

Transfannabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 10:52 PM   #36
Ozz
One with the Matrix

I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...
Smile

Hmm, the only place where I saw someone's saying these things will be one-shots is topic title made by Bombshell. There is no information about format of these releases in links from initial post, and I didn't fnd anything on Dreamwave's site (and if anyone else found something, please correct me).

So I assume Bombshell assumed those will be one-shots basing on what was written in letter pages of Generation 1 #0, namely that Dreamwave has plans for RiD one-shot.

Both Mick and Patyk in different interviews said that Micromasters mini they work together on will start in June. Here Mick also said something about creating a 'Trilogy', and Micromasters mini will be tied with G1. At least that's what I understood from it.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 04:49 AM   #37
Windrazor

Quote:
Originally posted by Transfannabeel
It'd be kind of weird if the rid was linked with the other two, since it is an alternate reality.
Actually, they have already been linked. Check out Dreamwaves comic Transformers Armada Issue #17, page 8. The page right before the advertisement for Soul Calibur II. It shows Armada Jetfire and Mirage viewing picture balls of alternate realities. It shows a picture of Tigatron representing Beast Wars, RID Optimus Prime in the center, Tankorr from Beast Machines in a third ball, Armada Prime in the fourth ball where Jetfire says "--STR...ESS..." and a fifth ball showing Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy where Jetfire says "I...I THOUGHT I..." . Used from Benson Yee's website http://www.bwtf.com/cbreviews/dw/arm17/

Old 2004-02-22, 04:46 PM   #38
Transfannabeel
Matrix Keeper

in the corner losing my religion

Yes, but thats when they're trying to go to another reality. Unless the golden disk gets somehow transported to another reality or is a key to opening a gate to that reality I don't see how they can be connected.

Transfannabeel is offline   Reply With Quote