• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2004-02-24, 10:03 PM   #21
Transfannabeel
Matrix Keeper

in the corner losing my religion

Like the name, they're paying tribute to a not as well known character.

Transfannabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 10:09 PM   #22
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Who cares if it doesn't look like some inarticulate, fragile piece of ****?
Actually, I do for nostalgia purposes.

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 11:43 PM   #23
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Cool

I **** on "nostalgia". A robot that turns into a realistic vehicle and whose face resembles his G1 namesake is more than enough nostalgia for me. If you want nostalgia, buy the reissues and quit complaining because Binalternators don't look exactly like the Diaclone bricks you love so much.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 11:55 PM   #24
Bombshell
thinks puppet Angel David Boreanaz is dreamy...

...especially when he was kicking Spike's ass. ;)

Quote:

Hasbro are finally producing high-quality, ultra-realistic, ultra-poseable fan-aimed figures, and at an affordable price to boot. Who cares if it doesn't look like some inarticulate, fragile piece of ****?
Every oldskool fanboy, apparently.

Someone's gotta b*tch about something. And they're b*tching about this.

Bombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 11:58 PM   #25
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
I **** on "nostalgia". A robot that turns into a realistic vehicle and whose face resembles his G1 namesake is more than enough nostalgia for me. If you want nostalgia, buy the reissues and quit complaining because Binalternators don't look exactly like the Diaclone bricks you love so much.
I'd have said something like that, probably with more swearing if I wasn't thanking Ashra for some lovely pancakes... and I'm pondering how you can be nostalgic about something designed this year...? Or is this the new Trukk not Munky? l@mb0 n0+ d0dg3?

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 12:07 AM   #26
Bombshell
thinks puppet Angel David Boreanaz is dreamy...

...especially when he was kicking Spike's ass. ;)
Talking

Quote:
Or is this the new Trukk not Munky? l@mb0 n0+ d0dg3?
*shakes the Magic 8-Ball*

"All Signs Point To Yes."

Bombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 05:34 AM   #27
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Civ
Looking at the TF info site, the alternator does look sorta similar to the G1 toy, so I guess it's alright.
The whole damn point is that the characters have been rebuilt, not that they look like clones of their 'former' selves. (The 'former' bit is dubious, since Takara is setting this in a cosmic rust continuity branch.)

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 09:18 AM   #28
OptimusPrime75

Actually if they had wanted to make Sideswipe a Lamborghini again, they could have chosen the Gallardo, it's the newest and it's pretty nice looking.

Makes you wonder if they're going to make Sunstreaker as a Viper with a outboard blower engine like his old self, after all this is the only reason he could say he was better looking than his twin brother Not that the V10 500HP engine in the Viper is anything to sneer at LOL

Old 2004-02-25, 12:21 PM   #29
Civ

Pennsylvania

Quote:
A robot that turns into a realistic vehicle and whose face resembles his G1 namesake is more than enough nostalgia for me.
That's what I was getting at. I like the alternators because they turn into realistic looking cars, the whole storyline about them being rebuilt from the G1 characters storyline is more icing on the cake for me. If their transformation is somewhat similar to the original G1, then that's even better in my opinion.

EDIT: **hands Denyer a cup of decaffeinated coffee** Here, you need this. Trust me.

Last edited by Civ; 2004-02-25 at 01:10 PM.
Old 2004-02-25, 12:49 PM   #30
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

Quote:
While I like the Alternators I don't love them nowhere near as much as those so-called Diaclone "bricks"
To me Alternator Smokesceen was a pain in the ass to transform into robot mode and so like RiD Sideburn, Prowl, and X-Brawn before him a robot he stays.

Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 01:48 PM   #31
Triggerhappy-1986

I dunno, where DID i go after the Rebirth?

*gets impaled to the wall by a massive amount of back-biting*

Yes, ok, regardless of weather this is continuing on from G1, or from a completlely new line....it should have been a Lamborghini.
Ok, don't shout again, but, why make Hound a Jeep again, when he could have been a "newer" version, like a Hummer or a Range Rover.

Hell, i'll still buy it, and most likely be very pleased with the quality overall (and yes, i am a big Viper fan - I've got some merchandise from three Chrysler Viper GTS-R Racing teams, including signed caps and shirts) but, for me, he should have been a Murcielago.

And, if they do Sunstreaker (IF) as a Viper without some-form of Engine visable, then i'll go spare at Hasbro/Takara...ok, yes, yes, yes it's a new line...but come on!

I'm glad there making new lines, but somethings shouldnt be altered....

Triggerhappy-1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 05:18 PM   #32
Spiderman

Boiling Springs, SC

Quote:
It's nothing against Triggerhappy personally, as in general he seems an okay sort. It's just every single topic on Alternators, some prick pops up going "Grrr stoopid Hasbro it doesn't look like he did in the cartooon grrr G1 r0xx0r".

Hasbro are finally producing high-quality, ultra-realistic, ultra-poseable fan-aimed figures, and at an affordable price to boot. Who cares if it doesn't look like some inarticulate, fragile piece of ****?
There not pricks there just expessing their opinion. And the G1 stuff was not inarticulate and fragile.

Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 05:20 PM   #33
Spiderman

Boiling Springs, SC
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally posted by Triggerhappy-1986

*gets impaled to the wall by a massive amount of back-biting*

Yes, ok, regardless of weather this is continuing on from G1, or from a completlely new line....it should have been a Lamborghini.
Ok, don't shout again, but, why make Hound a Jeep again, when he could have been a "newer" version, like a Hummer or a Range Rover.

Hell, i'll still buy it, and most likely be very pleased with the quality overall (and yes, i am a big Viper fan - I've got some merchandise from three Chrysler Viper GTS-R Racing teams, including signed caps and shirts) but, for me, he should have been a Murcielago.

And, if they do Sunstreaker (IF) as a Viper without some-form of Engine visable, then i'll go spare at Hasbro/Takara...ok, yes, yes, yes it's a new line...but come on!

I'm glad there making new lines, but somethings shouldnt be altered....
Perfectly stated. That's exactly how I feel.

Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 06:26 PM   #34
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Civ
**hands Denyer a cup of decaffeinated coffee** Here, you need this. Trust me.
Only if you have a packet of Pro Plus in your pocket I can kill you for later...

Some things shouldn't be altered? Megatron is a **** gun. I'd love the tank if it was the green colour and also to scale with anything else. If they ever remake Cosmos or Powerglide, I trust the former won't be a green flying saucer and that both will have limbs.

Similarly, they've kept Hound as a jeep. They've kept some Autobots as sports cars, and some as cars which you'd more normally associate with seeing in a street. That's the extent the 'similarities' should run to, IMO.

The backstory specifically says they'll have new bodies.

Old 2004-02-25, 06:56 PM   #35
Civ

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Only if you have a packet of Pro Plus in your pocket I can kill you for later...

Megatron is a **** gun.
Sorry, no Pro Plus on me. I think you're addicted to caffeine and it's making you edgy.

As for Megatron being a crappy gun, I have to disagree. I love the original G1 Megatron gun. It's gun mode is quite good and for a robot coming from such an odd shape to begin with, it's not that bad. These, of course, are my own opinions though.

Old 2004-02-25, 07:18 PM   #36
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman
And the G1 stuff was not inarticulate and fragile.
Prowl? Jazz? Skids? Inferno? Tracks? Swoop? Megatron? The Jets?

I could do this all evening, but I'm the Midnighter when it comes to this stuff, so let's just assume I've won and be done with it, eh?

On the subject of retaining Hound's alt mode... the Jeep Wrangler is really not that much of a change from the Mitsubishi J59 than the Viper is to the Countach. It just happens that jeep design's changed considerably less over the past 25 years than sportscar design has.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 07:26 PM   #37
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Civ
As for Megatron being a crappy gun, I have to disagree. I love the original G1 Megatron gun.
Oh, I have nothing against the gun he's based on. It makes Megatron a laughable, bow-legged dwarf in robot mode, though.

I mean, why they couldn't have chosen the decent-looking gun transformer from the same product line, I've no idea. Browning would benefit from upscaling slightly (he's shorter than Prime) but he actually looks balanced.

Edgy? I can sing better than Vanilla Ice...

Old 2004-02-25, 07:34 PM   #38
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Angry

Now what sort of **** is this?

Quote:
TFW2005 has received word from credible sources that disclaim reports from the other day. Various sites reported on the Mazda Alternator being named Camshaft.

Sources today have indicated to us that the Mazda RX-8 Alternator is NOT named Camshaft. As to what the name of the upcoming Mazda Alternator is? That's anyone's guess.
Who are those "credible sources"? Why should Hasbro lie?

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 07:50 PM   #39
Civ

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Edgy? I can sing better than Vanilla Ice...
Off-Topic: That's not saying much.

On-Topic: What the heck is going on? I'm confused.

Old 2004-02-25, 08:07 PM   #40
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Civ
That's not saying much.
I figured the Bill Hicks reference might be wasted...

I also see little reason for Hasbro to dissemble. Their prerogative to rename, of course, but I don't see why they would.