• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Website Stuff

Old 2004-03-26, 06:23 AM   #21
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!
Unhappy

It's giving me all kinds of grief. The front page, tfarchive.com, recognizes me, but the board itself doesn't. I was able to log in for a little bit, now nothing. I'm not even sure if this will post.

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 11:46 AM   #22
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

You have a cookie for .tfarchive.com created by a vBulletin board hosted on server one. That board effectively no longer exists; it's data and code has been transferred elsewhere.

The board on tfarchive2.com (and probably tfarchive.com where you are) has a cookie for /community/ and therefore the header code cannot see it, as it's looking for information at .tfarchive.com

There's a limit to what I can do, because the DNS is still attached to the first server in the nameserver geographically closest to me. I cannot see the server.

If somone wants to comment out the php echo statements for a while, that'd be good.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 11:47 PM   #23
Windrazor

Between your girlfriends' legs

Is the chat program still down? Or is it possibly being upgraded to something better as well?

You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

Which Transformer Are You?[
brought to you by Quizilla
Windrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:10 AM   #24
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Upgraded? Took me a couple of hours to write, plus time to figure out how and test stuff... any suggestions, post 'em here \ PM me, and I'll tell you whether stuff is feasible... or you can find me a beginner's guide to integrating phpMyChat with vBulletin...

As soon as I have FTP access again, I can give it the file paths and permissions it needs. It also needs to be able to see a .tfarchive.com cookie (as well as access the SQL user table for the forums) ...nowt major, though.

Old 2004-03-27, 12:42 AM   #25
Windrazor

Between your girlfriends' legs

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Upgraded? Took me a couple of hours to write, plus time to figure out how and test stuff... any suggestions, post 'em here \ PM me, and I'll tell you whether stuff is feasible... or you can find me a beginner's guide to integrating phpMyChat with vBulletin...

As soon as I have FTP access again, I can give it the file paths and permissions it needs. It also needs to be able to see a .tfarchive.com cookie (as well as access the SQL user table for the forums) ...nowt major, though.
I'm not an expert on programming or know how to program such things. I just figured somebody may be integrating a new chat program into the site such as the sort of chat rooms provided for mIRC or for yahoo chat rooms.

You Are Ratchet!

You are caring and compassionate.

Which Transformer Are You?[
brought to you by Quizilla
Windrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 12:58 AM   #26
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

But I blipped out the cookies.

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 02:09 AM   #27
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Windrazor
chat rooms.
It's not really a room... no running processes.

IRC would require a) that a channel was hosted on the server, which is a security risk, and b) the majority of IRC front ends are Java applets. The aim is just a simple no-learning-curve chat pretty much anyone can use, regardless of things such as network firewalls or having a browser with Java enabled. A lot of our users access through school or work connections.

If anyone reading this has any experience melding vBulletin and phpMyChat, by the way, I'd love to hear from you...

Old 2004-03-27, 08:52 AM   #28
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

This is showing up where the news should be for me right now. The news was there a few minutes ago but now it's doing this.

Quote:
Warning: main(newsblock.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/community/index.php on line 13

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'newsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /var/www/html/community/index.php on line 13

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 09:05 AM   #29
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

For some reason, there's a slight lag between edited files being uploaded and the server sending them out to users... anyway, should all be working now.

BTW, I know reply notifications and private message notifications currently still show 'tfarchive2.com' in their URLs... that can be changed once we're sure everyone can see 'tfarchive.com' attached to the new server. Give it a day or so. Chat should be back up now.

Old 2004-03-27, 09:18 AM   #30
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Well now the link for the TFArchive.com Forums (including the community link from the mainpage) is just sending me back to the mainpage.

Sidenote - Will I be able to upload toy reviews as normal or will I need to get new information to do so?

Old 2004-03-27, 09:31 AM   #31
Pun-3X
Clinically dead since 1996

Nevada

Mine was doing the same thing at first (sending me back to home page)

Now if I try to get into tfarchive.com forums I get:

Warning: main(./includes/functions_forumslist.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/community/index.php on line 59

Same as Auros, except the line 59 part.

Pun-3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 09:40 AM   #32
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

I'm getting the 404 now...

Old 2004-03-27, 09:48 AM   #33
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Unfortunately buggered up something not actually connected to the board; uploaded the main page and was in the wrong directory. Have mailed Brendan and Matt and am looking for a backup of the file; might be able to restore it before they get online.

Sorry.

Old 2004-03-27, 10:08 AM   #34
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

Okay, either the code from:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cac...art=4&ie=UTF-8

...fixed it or Sky got to it first. Not sure which.

Old 2004-03-27, 06:40 PM   #35
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix

Cleveland, OH
Smile

The links in my emails aren't working, and the main page, www.tfarchive.com, is all screwed up. All I see is the updates, the Insecticon profiles pic, and the news on the left. The background is all white and the header (the cartoons, comics, toys thing) is missing, with this in its place:
Warning: main(): Unable to access /var/www/html/common/toptest.php in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 3

Warning: main(/var/www/html/common/toptest.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/common/toptest.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/index.php on line 3

I got to the board via the link in the updates, and I can see the header in here, but above it is this:

Warning: Unknown(): Unable to access /var/www/html/community/custom/userdata.php in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/community/global.php(344) : eval()'d code on line 9

Warning: Unknown(/var/www/html/community/custom/userdata.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/community/global.php(344) : eval()'d code on line 9

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/community/custom/userdata.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/community/global.php(344) : eval()'d code on line 9

EDIT: I can't open threads in Transformers News/Rumours or in General. I'm not sure about the others, but I can read threads in Site Feedback and G1 just fine.

EDIT Part 2, The Sequel: It was the "Jump to the newest post" buttons that weren't working, not the boards.

Last edited by Alpha Trion; 2004-03-27 at 07:23 PM.
Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 07:26 PM   #36
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

I can't log out.

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 07:31 PM   #37
Bombshell
thinks puppet Angel David Boreanaz is dreamy...

...especially when he was kicking Spike's ass. ;)

I cleared out my cookies, but the main page is still wonked.

Bombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 07:37 PM   #38
Skystream

Question

I cleared my cookies too, but I'm getting the same error codes as Alpha Trion...

"Never trust a side that calls the other side evil. They're probably up to something."

"I found it through your yahoo profile. I was trying to look at a pic of you....and all I saw was this huge baddass truck." ~Zeeky
Current Cute Icon Adoptee: Long Haul
Skystream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 07:44 PM   #39
Bombshell
thinks puppet Angel David Boreanaz is dreamy...

...especially when he was kicking Spike's ass. ;)

Also, I apparently have trouble staying logged in.

Bombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 07:54 PM   #40
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Same issues as pretty much everbody else.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote