• transformers forum
Old 2004-05-10, 12:25 AM   #41
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by TFArchive
I picked it up myself, and a PS2 because I can't play PS2 games on my xbox

So far it is pretty neat, I really like the Transformations, no delay and pretty cool. Will be playing it more over the next few days and of course capturing select scenes for the site
Cool beans man, once I'm done with finals, I'm gonna try and get Warp's review in the Toys section...

Old 2004-05-10, 02:12 AM   #42
Reflector
Official Energon Bitch

Lost in the supermarket
Cool

I don't really have anythying significant to add, but I'd also like to say that running over your Mini-Con partner before driving over a pit or somehow otherwise leaving him in the dust (because they can't transform, as far as I've seen) must be one of the most entertaining parts of the game...

Old 2004-05-10, 02:38 AM   #43
NISMOJOE
In Need of a Higher Credit Limit...

Lindenwold, NJ

tidal wave rules....

Old 2004-05-10, 10:39 AM   #44
bluekatt

residing in the upper echelon of unpredictatbility
Default armada ps2 game

its out in europe
( or in the netherlands at least )
i saw it in two differnt shops
pal with an average retail price of € 54

no idea when it was released it comes with a semi see through slipcase

and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Old 2004-05-10, 02:27 PM   #45
The Dark Optimus Prime

Anime Town
Default The New TF Armada Game

i am now officially the proud owner of the new Transformers game from atari for the PS2 and i must say i am pretty pleased, the voices seem well done (with the exception of screamer) it is visually pleasing and the levels are really huge and u can pretty much everywhere in them!!! the only complaint i have so far is that there is really no purpose to go into vehicle mode for all it does it get u places faster and u can ram into enemies destroying them...or...my favorite if ur in vehicle mode and going a certain speed and u hit ur minicon partner he goes flying away i still get a kick whenever i do that

Old 2004-05-10, 03:13 PM   #46
Garand
Master of teh padlock

Flying high in my taxi

that was a lot of threads to merge..

Hopefully I'll get a PS2 soon asn get a copy of the game. I've never been much of a console gamer though

Old 2004-05-10, 08:35 PM   #47
Starscream_1986

Leicester, UK

Got to admit - i got it today, and it is amazing!!! it's been said already, but the levels are great, the AI is one of the better i've seen in recent FPS's (Not quite Farcry, but its good!) and the graphics are superb!

Even if your not an Armada fan, i'd reccommend getting it, its bloody good!

I'm Stupid! I'm Stupid!
Old 2004-05-10, 11:54 PM   #48
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

The AI on this game is truly incredible. I'm now in Alaska and again, the level is huge, but the SOBs really do try their best to ambush and sneak attack you.

I've just come up against a platoon who actively stood infront of their superior with their shields to protect him.

I do so love playing bowling with the buggers though, and I'm with JOE, Tidal Wave rocks, but's a total bitch if you ain't got the right minicons...

Twitter - @stncldskywarp PS4 - StoneColdSkywarp
Old 2004-05-11, 12:01 AM   #49
deej

Brisbane, Australia

Does Overrun make an appearance in the game? or is it limited to cartoon-only (and the new game-exclusive) minicons ?

Old 2004-05-11, 03:15 AM   #50
God Jinrai
Matrix Keeper

nowhere anyone will find me
Default A Prelude... to Energon: Transformers: Armada the VG

Snatched my copy up today... it's taking me forever to get used to the 2 joystick means of control... and it's just... *sighs* it's disappointing to not have show minicons aside from sparkplug, jolt and longarm... and also disapointing that only prime, hotshot and red alert are the only bots in the entire game.... *mutters about jetfire, blurr, smokescreen... *

but.... the feel of taking a semi rig at 80 MPH and running clean through drone decepticons... or jumping a ravine, and transforming back to robot mode in mid air...

that... my friends is one of the things that is salvation. transfomations are seamless... and the boss fights are as they should be... challenging... at least for me screamer was... and same for cyclonus... haven't beat rotor boy yet...

Old 2004-05-11, 05:41 AM   #51
Tracks828

Ohio

I'm getting copy the first chance I get tomorrow. I'm so excited!!!

Old 2004-05-11, 07:38 AM   #52
dedicon
Gestalt

israel

Quote:
Originally posted by deej
Does Overrun make an appearance in the game? or is it limited to cartoon-only (and the new game-exclusive) minicons ?
all the minicons exept sparkplug,longarm and jolt are completly game explusive.

Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Old 2004-05-11, 12:56 PM   #53
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

How many topics do we have on this now?

Anyway, since this is a review... >> Merch forum...

Old 2004-05-11, 08:50 PM   #54
Tracks828

Ohio

Adding onto this review.....wow. Thats about all I can say about this game. I've been a gamer for many years and played my share of great games, and this is definilty one of them. I bought this game at 11am this morning and since I have no classes on Tuesdays, I've been playing it practically all day long. The graphics are incredible and the controls are great once you get used to them. The fun factor in this game is unbelievable...specially for a transformers fan...go out all of you buy this game now...youll love it!!!

Old 2004-05-12, 06:06 AM   #55
Reflector
Official Energon Bitch

Lost in the supermarket

Can a staffer please take a few minutes to merge all these topics floating about and make one official video game thread? Sticky, preferably?

Megatron is hard. Ack.

Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.

The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Old 2004-05-12, 03:11 PM   #56
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Reflector
Can a staffer please take a few minutes to merge all these topics floating about and make one official video game thread? Sticky, preferably?

Old 2004-05-13, 04:25 AM   #57
Garand
Master of teh padlock

Flying high in my taxi

Quote:
Originally posted by Reflector
Can a staffer please take a few minutes to merge all these topics floating about Megatron is hard. Ack.
Again? I merged what seemed like a dozen the other day...

You people have no shame.. making me work..

Old 2004-05-16, 10:01 AM   #58
deej

Brisbane, Australia

had to go hire it out today... damn this game rocks

played through till the mid-atlantic level before I had to take it back... I think I'll be buying it when I can afford it

one thing I'll say tho - the game gets hard, fast... the decepticlones are definantly no pushovers... especially those annoying monkey ones that use an EMP blast...

Old 2004-05-16, 10:57 AM   #59
Arcee

Germany. Status: not blonde

Sounds like I'd love to play that game, but I don't have a Playstation...

Old 2004-05-16, 07:20 PM   #60
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

I got this game Friday and I am speechless... I haven't really put it down since.

The animation is superb, the transformations are pretty slick and the CGI scenes are brill.

I mean even the "attract movie" is a helluva lot better than what we got for the start of Armada.

The intro movie, it displays a war with the old catchphrases from the film, "its over Prime". It seems more like Transformers Armada: The Movie in some ways but thats a good thing.

This game rocks simply.
It might start out easy although it gets harder. The decepticlones are like smart machines who advance. They get much tougher to destroy and there is a helluva lot of em. The AI helps this also and it is some AI for the clones.
The bosses have got to be hard. I spent a good long while getting through and through with Starscream, man he was tough.

I've reached the pacific island level so far.

The extras also are just great. Especially Transformers Theme 1. I love that.

The only thing I didn't like was only Prime and Megatron had the real voices... the others didn't. The mini-cons didn't attach to you, except for sparkblud, jolt and longarm. And also the minicons don't transform.

Just have to say it again.

This game Rocks¬!!

Last edited by DrEvil; 2004-05-16 at 07:27 PM.
Closed Thread