• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2004-06-13, 10:09 AM   #21
Ozz
One with the Matrix

I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...

They never really appeared in...

Quote:
Originally posted by bluekatt
ah so that was not a micromaster i saw climbing on top of the empire state or wresteling with a human and another micromaster or who held a airfield hostage or kidnapped ratchet or dragged bludgeon around or saw primus in the comics
i must have imagined it
...any cartoon...

Quote:
Originally posted by bluekatt
and that were certainly not micromasters in victory or micromasters who were attacking the destron generals in zone
must have been something else as well
...outside of Japan.

Marvel comic is not a cartoon, and I'm sure the guy meant any cartoon other than Japanese series, i.e. Micromastres didn't appeared in US shows.

Ignoring stories from Marvel comic ('Small War' for example) is another matter, which was already mentioned.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 11:08 AM   #22
bluekatt

residing in the upper echelon of unpredictatbility

i suppose you dont count commercials as any cartoons either
and he diminishes the micromasters portrayals in the orginal marvel comics as if they never excisted there
and he suggested that they never appeared outside japan in any media and are an overlooked non entity

they clearly are not
dreamwave might dismiss al they like but micromasters are not so overlooked as they claim

also this seems to be a comic so i dont see why they are suddenley reaching for the japanese cartoons who are not that obscure any more since they are dubbed in english and reasonbly easily availble either as a download or vcd\dvd boot legs

bluekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 10:57 AM   #23
KingMob
Micromaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
I'm significantly more worried about them being punkass teenagers than having Earth alt-modes myself...
I'm terrified by the combination.

I just can't get the image of this being a TF version of 2Fast2Furious out of my head. These pics do help assuage my fears a bit, and I'h hopeful about Raiz's pencils....
I just really hope this turns out to be good comic. I really think that we and DW need it to be.
I mean, I'm a bit worried that DW are going to end up alienating all TF fans other than the die-hard cartoon element.

KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 11:06 AM   #24
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Actually, the cartoon-only fans I've spoken to seem amongst the least inclined to hear DW out... they weren't keen on the wholesale bludgeoning with references in Vol. 2, anything in TWW, or hints of things such as Decepticon Matrix actually existing in the on-going...

With the exception of TWW, DW seems to still have its sights set firmly on the nostalgia crowd, which I can't help but feel is a poor long-term survival plan.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 11:08 AM   #25
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Who said this when the first G1 Preview came out? Dreamwave are rubbish. Patyk's an ignorant ****.

C'mon Marvel, just buy the Goddamn license, please. I'll even read Ultimate Dawson's Creek if you do. I mean Ultimate Spider-Man.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 02:53 PM   #26
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland
Unhappy

OK. The preview left me wondering if the art is enough to make me want buy the mini-series.

I donīt get it. Dreamwave had me almost believe that they would have something to offer for readers like me (not interested in G1 ongoing) with this kind of projects. But now micromasters seem to be portrayed "teenagers"?! Disappointed, very disappointed.

Osku is offline   Reply With Quote