BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE FLAMES!

*Ducks.*
Set it on fire. Problem solved.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 01:29 PM   #22
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

I've seen people complain about the Alternator being named "AUTOBOT TRACKS" instead of simply "TRACKS"...
Sheesh. Fanboys. If there's no reason do whine about something anymore, you'll just have to look harder... :rolleyes:

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 01:34 PM   #23
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Lightbulb

And yet I recall nobody complaining that Smokescreen was primarily blue, with barely a trace of red.

But then, the best things tend to come in blue. Along with Chelsea. And Portsmouth. So my argument is flawed, really...

Old 2004-06-24, 01:45 PM   #24
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Large blocks of primary colours. Plus I think most people were over-awed by the concept of Smokescreen when Alternators first appeared... I'm wondering if I could dissolve the racing stickers...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 01:53 PM   #25
The Wild One
Get 'em Kitty!

Trapped at the anal sphyncter of the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravage
*Whines like a fanboy*

BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE FLAMES!

*Ducks.*
That would be great! Impossible, but great if it did happen.

*Pulls up photon shield, fearing for life*

The Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 02:19 PM   #26
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Illyria
And yet I recall nobody complaining that Smokescreen was primarily blue, with barely a trace of red.
Oh, there are, trust me.

General complaints by Alternators whiners:

Smokescreen should be his G1 color scheme! Hasbro suXX!
Side Swipe should be a Lamborghini, not a Viper! Hasbro suXX!
Silverstreak is just a "repaint" of Smokescreen! Hasbro suXX!
Dead End is a remold of Side Swipe and should be Sunstreaker! Hasbro suXX!
Tracks should be blue! Hasbro suXX!
Meister "is a remold of" (i.e. has the same transformation as) Smokescreen! Hasbro suXX!

The only one no-one complained about yet was Hound - the one with some major flaws in his design (but those are actual qualities of the toy itself, not a lack of "accuracy" to a toy released 20 years ago). :rolleyes:

Old 2004-06-24, 02:25 PM   #27
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

These things are a mystery to me.

I can appreciate confusion at Lambor no longer being a lambourghini, as it is implicit within the name. Sideswipe, however, is a term bereft of real meaning.

The original Bluestreak shared a mould as Smokescreen. Surely this consistency should be cause for satisfaction.

Old 2004-06-24, 02:31 PM   #28
The Wild One
Get 'em Kitty!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Oh, there are, trust me.

General complaints by Alternators whiners:

Smokescreen should be his G1 color scheme! Hasbro suXX!
Side Swipe should be a Lamborghini, not a Viper! Hasbro suXX!
Silverstreak is just a "repaint" of Smokescreen! Hasbro suXX!
Dead End is a remold of Side Swipe and should be Sunstreaker! Hasbro suXX!
Tracks should be blue! Hasbro suXX!
Meister "is a remold of" (i.e. has the same transformation as) Smokescreen! Hasbro suXX!

The only one no-one complained about yet was Hound - the one with some major flaws in his design (but those are actual qualities of the toy itself, not a lack of "accuracy" to a toy released 20 years ago). :rolleyes:
Personally, I liked Smokescreen's color scheme. I think would have been better black though, as it would seems to match the name better.

Old 2004-06-24, 02:44 PM   #29
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Illyria
These things are a mystery to me.

I can appreciate confusion at Lambor no longer being a lambourghini, as it is implicit within the name. Sideswipe, however, is a term bereft of real meaning.

The original Bluestreak shared a mould as Smokescreen. Surely this consistency should be cause for satisfaction.
Thing is, there are two different kinds of people voicing these complaints:

a) G1 purists who want to see everything to be exactly the way it was in 1984 for all eternity and for whom a character is primarily defined by his alt mode ("Trukk not munky" anyone? Though those weren't even the same characters...) and his color. They go even as far and establish blue to be the "real" (!) color of Bluestreak, because he's supposed to be blue in their "ideal" G1 world (which doesn't actually have to be identical to what "G1" actually was like in the real world).

b) Collectors who don't care for "G1" or "G1 accuracy" at all. Those would prefer to see every toy with a totally unique transformation scheme. Those are the folks who complain about Meister being too similar to SmokeStreak.

Old 2004-06-24, 03:04 PM   #30
The Wild One
Get 'em Kitty!

Quote:
Thing is, there are two different kinds of people voicing these complaints:

a) G1 purists who want to see everything to be exactly the way it was in 1984 for all eternity and for whom a character is primarily defined by his alt mode ("Trukk not munky" anyone? Though those weren't even the same characters...) and his color. They go even as far and establish blue to be the "real" (!) color of Bluestreak, because he's supposed to be blue in their "ideal" G1 world (which doesn't actually have to be identical to what "G1" actually was like in the real world).

b) Collectors who don't care for "G1" or "G1 accuracy" at all. Those would prefer to see every toy with a totally unique transformation scheme. Those are the folks who complain about Meister being too similar to SmokeStreak.
To be honest, G1 is the best to me. I am the kind of guy who likes to see something new, just not dumbed down to kids. Kids are more intelligent then we give them credit for. Now I love the way alternators are going. Im not to happy with Meister's transformation, but would love to see a blue tracks at the same time. Actually, I would love to see a black tracks even more. Now I would like to see an alternators blastor, and I don't mean as a cassate player either. But thats just me.

Old 2004-06-24, 03:27 PM   #31
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
G1 purists who want to see everything to be exactly the way it was in 1984 for all eternity and for whom a character is primarily defined by his alt mode
Who tend to be the idiots who haven't quite grasped that the fiction is based predominantly on change, and that the TFs only got Earth modes because they crashed on Earth and a computer was defective...

Old 2004-06-24, 03:56 PM   #32
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
and that the TFs only got Earth modes because they crashed on Earth and a computer was defective...
Wait, where was that?

Cartoon? No.

Comic? No.

In both cases, it was the defective computer who gave the Decepticons Earth modes. But Earth modes per se were no "error". Or do you actually think they would have been turned into BW-like humans if the Ark's computer had been able to tell organic lifeforms apart from their vehicles?

Old 2004-06-24, 04:13 PM   #33
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Transformation on Cybertron was more a matter of offensive or contructive capability than disguise. The drone sent in 1984 (US #1) was only capable of perceiving mechanical life-forms: "Forests teeming with countless life-forms appear utterly dead to the drone." It perceives machines as "indigenous lifeforms."

However, you'll note that millions of years previous, the Ark detected dinosaurs in the Savage Land as the dominant life—and dominant life was the criteria used, not merely what was around which looked as if it might be a good disguise.

You have read this stuff, yeah?

Had the probe not detected any lifeforms, the Transformers would logically have been repaired with their Cybertronian alt-modes.

Old 2004-06-24, 06:55 PM   #34
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Nah, the comic was so contradicting itself in the early issues... Notice how the dinosaurs/savage land thing contradicts the "organics not considered as lifeforms" thing... :rolleyes:

Old 2004-06-24, 07:12 PM   #35
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

I think I also prefer the Yellow one but the Blue Tracks isn't bad.

If they wanted to make it more G1 they could add the little flames bit and whatever but its nice as it is.

DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 07:37 PM   #36
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by DrEvil
If they wanted to make it more G1 they could add the little flames bit and whatever but its nice as it is.
Talking about "realism"... :rolleyes:

How many 'Vettes have flames on their hoods these days?

Old 2004-06-24, 07:45 PM   #37
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

Point made but take a look at the enxt Smokecreen and answer me how many cars you see with a rocket launcher on em.

DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 10:23 PM   #38
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5815

These guys not only discovered my site as a source of information, but also have some interesting news on this:

Quote:
Originally written by Vex from fwooshnet
I asked Hasbro about Blue Tracks and this is what they had to say.

Hi Vex, Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We are sorry to advise that the information you have requested is not readily available. We are sharing your question with those internal parties who are more familiar with this piece of our business. We will respond to you, as soon as we receive the information from them. We thank you, in advance, for your patience

Little more wordy of a response that I usually get. They didn't deny it. If they ever get back to me I'll make sure and post here.

Old 2004-06-25, 05:22 AM   #39
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time
Red face Alternator Tracks will be yellow!

From Seibertron.com:Following yesterday's exciting news of a blue Alternator Tracks being featured in Previews magazine, Seibertron board member Senor Hugo contacted Hasbro to get the lowdown. Here's what he said:

On several websites, there has been images of a Blue Tracks from the Alternators line. The picture is from the July issue of Previews. Will this blue Tracks be the mass produced one instead of the yellow Tracks? Or will this blue Tracks be a variant?

Hasbro's reply was:

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

The Alternator Tracks will be yellow.

We appreciate your interest.

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=2916

Ultimate Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 05:23 AM   #40
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
That's me. I'd like to see as much flexibility as possible. I'm only going to get one of each Alternators transformation scheme. Although, I may get Dead End so I have a Decepticon (even though I have Sideswipe, he's also quite sharp-looking, so I might have gotten him, even if he were a bot).

Only other complaint I have is that they're sticking to cars. I'd like to see them use other types of vehicles, and ditch the 1/24 scale. That being said, I'm still quite pleased with this line.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote