• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Website Stuff

Old 2002-02-05, 01:56 PM   #21
Ulticron

Disgruntled mostly these days!

Well the links are back to the general public, not by my doings, but I can't DL the files either. Apparently yahoo is just being hammered to death. I only have a couple of suggestions

1)Wait it out and eventually traffic will slow down enough to where you can get those rar files

2)On page one Ravage_mk2 mentions having a utility called yahoo mage, that can bypass the poor bandwidth problems of yahoo briefcase, just send an email and you'll recieve the program.

As for the corrupt files, that can be taken care of EZly make sure you DL the .sfv file always, it's a file designed to check each rar and make sure they didn't corrupt on download. It'll tell you what's corrupt and what's not, this website (www.tfarchive.com) has the necessary software to help you use the .sfv file to check the rar's to see if they're corrupt or not. I was right about one thing, yahoo can't/won't delete my briefcase acc's. I read their Terms of Service and they have a no interferience policy on the files you post as long as feds don't make them *L*, so these files WILL stay where they're at, it just may take some time and patience on everyone's part to get them all. Also episode 2 of Headmasters will be up soon so that should draw away some of the downloads of episode 1.

Ulticron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-02-05, 03:19 PM   #22
NrKy

well, im on an extremely limited account (approx. 19gb total transfers/ month MAX, or get booted off system) which only uploads at max of 16KB/sec (this is optus@home in australia), but, i leave it on pretty much 24/7, sharing (in morpheus) my anime collection, comprising of the entire series of bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040, the evangelion series & movies (ALL of them!!!), and the tf movies.
i WOULD share the transformers episodes, but i dont have the hdd space, damn!
but you will all be pleased to know that i TOTALLY pimp my tf episodes at lans, and shrug off any comments aimed at my mental capacity for having watched this show (but i admit, i did almost deck a guy for nagging me about how much of a child he thought i was for watching tf)

hope my small contribution makes a difference, NrKy
(icq# 65527902)

NrKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-02-06, 07:04 AM   #23
Tru_Husla

DC, USA
Smile

Thanks Ulticron I just finished D/L eps 1 and it works. I'm so happy. I stumbled across eps 2, but didn't start on it yet.

Tru_Husla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-02-06, 11:50 AM   #24
Ulticron

Xcellent i'm glad to hear Yahoo finally got off their cans and everything iZ fixxed now. U mite wanna start DLin what you see of ep 2 b4 i put up the links *L* if the traffic for ep 1 was NE kinda indication ep 2 will be jes aZ bad. I still have about 41 more files to upload for it, an i probably wont' get a chance to do that till thursday sometime, ep 2 is the Xact same lenght as the first one, and as always it's best to DL the .sfv file. I hope everyone iZ enjoying the eps.

Old 2002-02-06, 01:41 PM   #25
tf_factory

Merredin, Western Australia
Default Episode Dedicated website

hey everyone, i'm new to the forums but have been aware of Tfarchive.com for quite some time. I really like downloading all the eps each month (i've only been able to for two months now because i switch ISP so i have unlimited downloads/uploads now). I understand the problem with webspace that is why i am using all my current episodes (and ones to come), using WinRar i am cutting them into 1,000,000 byte files and loading them onto a series of usernames on different servers all over the web (think its hard to keep track? its not, i keep records of all usernames/passwords/servers/files on that server). I currently only have TF S1E01 online, but TF S1E02 is halfway done. I can upload roughly 2-3 every week. However, the website will not be available until atleast 15 eps are online (unless i get bored). What i ask is that if you have any of the following eps (jap eps, S2 eps, S1 Bw eps, and a few others i don't have), please email me and let me know (wolfys2@westnet.com.au). Theres another problem though, each ep is 40-100mb and i only have a 4.76gb hard-drive (only 2gb available for eps), and i don't have a burner, thats why if you have any eps and don't mind sparing a cd (if you have a burner) please send me the eps so i can upload them. if you don't believe that i am uploading eps (or if you think i'm after free cds) just email me and i will send you the first HTML file (containing links to TF S1E01). My main goal is to take some of the work load of the Tfarchive group (with their yahoo server problem). If you do send me a cd, i will send you the HTML files before they are posted on the net so you get first go at them. Anyway thats about it, cyas

tf_factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2002-02-07, 04:25 AM   #26
NrKy

alrightey then dude, if u do the tf series1, ill get to work on uploading the beastmasters series to yahoo, ill post my status on these forums frequently, including exact url's, and checksum file locations

Old 2002-02-07, 04:52 AM   #27
NrKy

beastmasters? wtf??? note to self, dont type less than 5 minutes after you wake up
i mean beast MACHINES

Old 2002-02-07, 11:16 AM   #28
tf_factory

ok, not a problem, that takes some of the work away from me

i am still in short supply of HDD space, so if you don't mind sparing a cd, please email me with the eps you can burn. I have half of series 3 (all of first half minus 5 faces of darkness part 3), and on the 9th, i will start the other half (or when tfarchive changes the monthly files). I also have a few others but not many. I am buying the entire BM series on cd, but i still need TF, Jap eps, and BW. Also if you want to avoid some of the bandwidth problems, i suggest using spaceports.com. I create one account, fill it with as many winrar files as it will take (about 19 at 1,000,000bytes each), then add some quickly made index.html file and then create another HTML file with all the links. I use about 2-3 accounts per ep. If the ep is big (70+mb), you need to use about 4-5 accounts. (if this message doesn't make any sense to you, don't worry, i don't understand it either, but its all i can think of right now, just read it closely and it will probably make more sense)

Old 2002-02-07, 02:54 PM   #29
NrKy

finished with ep 1 of beast machines, shit, didnt think itd take this long to do ONE episode, now i know why you said one or two per week:

http://www.geocities.com/bm_episodes/index.html

/me didnt know that u can use the url thing instead of href's for links

Old 2002-02-07, 02:56 PM   #30
tf_factory

yeah, but BM eps are only 50mb on average, TF eps range between 40 - 140 (rebirth)

Old 2002-02-07, 03:13 PM   #31
NrKy

yeah, it should be easier now that i know wot im doing, ahahha

hey, wots the address of ur site where ur listing the files?

mines http://www.geocities.com/bm_episodes/index.html
linkage amz gud

B->

Old 2002-02-07, 03:23 PM   #32
tf_factory

i haven't uploaded any HTML files yet, just rar files. When i come up with a good username, i'm load the html files to geocities and then the site will begin, but for now i'm just trying to organise ep files, email me and i'll send you the first HTML file (if you want More Than Meets The Eye Part 1) mailto:wolfys2@westnet.com.au

Old 2002-02-07, 03:28 PM   #33
NrKy

nah, ill just wait till ur done with the indexing and all.
r u using checksums? i was going to, but it wasnt really worth the trouble considering that all the files except the last ones are exactly 1MB

Old 2002-02-07, 03:31 PM   #34
NrKy

oooh, um, if u are using yahoo briefcase, dont forget to set them as public folders, in the folder viewer theres an option up top (close to top) right corner to modify private/public/friends status

Old 2002-02-07, 03:32 PM   #35
NrKy

unfortunately ive maxed out my connection, so i wont be uploading for a couple of days, damndamndamndamn

Old 2002-02-07, 03:48 PM   #36
tf_factory

i'm downloading five faces of darkness part 3 at the moment so i can't upload anything for a few hours atleast, and since its midnight here now, i'll be asleep soon . I'll try and finish MTMTE2 tomorrow, i haven't been uploading as much as i could because i've been downloading eps aswell.

Old 2002-02-07, 03:50 PM   #37
NrKy

god i love having cable!
:>

Old 2002-02-07, 07:02 PM   #38
Ulticron

Headmasters episode 2 is up now, just follow the links below.

files .r00 through .r24
files .r25 through .r54
files .r55 through .r84
files .r85 through .rar and sfv file

I also now have a website where you can conviently locate all of these episodes from, you can also get the winrar program and the winsfv program, and if you're having problems using them there's a help section also. It's not the most professional site i've ever done but i'll worry about the looks later, you can access it here

Old 2002-02-08, 03:25 AM   #39
Ulticron

Headmasters episode 3 is ready for download now.

I'm gonna be lazy this time and just post the link to my site, everyone can find the episode links there.

Old 2002-02-08, 05:08 AM   #40
NrKy

okies, ill make a link to ur website