The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-10-08, 03:30 AM   #21
RID Scourge
Lurking
 
RID Scourge's Avatar
 
In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Wink

Why would you ever hire a blue muppet with a long nose to do animation?
 
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 05:49 AM   #22
Darth Shrapnel
Registered User
 
Darth Shrapnel's Avatar
 
The happiest place on Earth (According to Krusty)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
(what was the name of the studio that did Energon again?).

Aeon, they just did a better job this time, like they did with Micron.
 
Darth Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 06:27 AM   #23
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix
 
Alpha Trion's Avatar
 
Cleveland, OH
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
Aeon, they just did a better job this time, like they did with Micron.
This page says ACTAS does the Superlink animation, and this seems to be their first show.

Out of curiosity, I checked what other animation Aeon has worked on. Both Battle Athletes and Tokyo Mew Mew were beautifully animated, which lends more credence to the theory that Hasbro chose to dub unfinished animation in the States in the case of Armada, while Japanese fans were treated to the finished product.
 
Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 07:44 AM   #24
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
This page says ACTAS does the Superlink animation, and this seems to be their first show.

Out of curiosity, I checked what other animation Aeon has worked on. Both Battle Athletes and Tokyo Mew Mew were beautifully animated, which lends more credence to the theory that Hasbro chose to dub unfinished animation in the States in the case of Armada, while Japanese fans were treated to the finished product.
There's a difference between the animation quality of Micron Legend and Armada?

Any examples? Because the animation in Armada was unbelievably poor.
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 08:20 AM   #25
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
There's a difference between the animation quality of Micron Legend and Armada?

Any examples? Because the animation in Armada was unbelievably poor.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...da-legend.html
 
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 12:31 PM   #26
Sharky
Guest
 
Default

Hhhmmmmm... we dont get the carttoons in Australia (not that i know of) but has anyone seen the construcicon colored Demolishor out. I saw it at a Target store
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 03:27 PM   #27
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...da-legend.html
My GOD.

The animation really WAS better in Japan. What's the story on that?
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 03:33 PM   #28
RID Scourge
Lurking
 
RID Scourge's Avatar
 
In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Default

Hasbro should fire everyone who has anything to do with tfs . . . or move them to less valuable properties . . .
 
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 03:38 PM   #29
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
My GOD.

The animation really WAS better in Japan. What's the story on that?
"Armada" was the beta version of "Micron Densetsu"?
 
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 10:06 PM   #30
Darth Shrapnel
Registered User
 
Darth Shrapnel's Avatar
 
The happiest place on Earth (According to Krusty)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
This page says ACTAS does the Superlink animation, and this seems to be their first show.

Out of curiosity, I checked what other animation Aeon has worked on. Both Battle Athletes and Tokyo Mew Mew were beautifully animated, which lends more credence to the theory that Hasbro chose to dub unfinished animation in the States in the case of Armada, while Japanese fans were treated to the finished product.
Thanks for the info. I thought it was Aeon because the normal cel animation looked a lot like what was seen in Micron Legend.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
"Armada" was the beta version of "Micron Densetsu"?
Just like Energon is the beta version of Superlink. Except that with Energon the differences aren`t as noticeable as they were with Armada/Micron. Still many differences, but not as bad as the previous.
 
Darth Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:18 AM   #31
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot
 
Dead Man Wade's Avatar
 
Funny location
Default

That blows so hard.
 
Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:32 AM   #32
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix
 
Alpha Trion's Avatar
 
Cleveland, OH
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
That blows so hard.
Don't get too worked up over it. TV-Nihon/WPP-Fansubs, the folks subbing Headmasters, Masterforce, and Superlink, plan to sub Micron Densetsu, as well as every other J-TF series.
 
Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:38 AM   #33
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot
 
Dead Man Wade's Avatar
 
Funny location
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Don't get too worked up over it. TV-Nihon/WPP-Fansubs, the folks subbing Headmasters, Masterforce, and Superlink, plan to sub Micron Densetsu, as well as every other J-TF series.
Well, I know.

It's just the whole 'knowingly releasing a severely sub-standard product just because they could' thing.
 
Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 02:00 PM   #34
The Dark Optimus Prime
Registered User
 
The Dark Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Anime Town
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
Well, I know.

It's just the whole 'knowingly releasing a severely sub-standard product just because they could' thing.
yeah....what he said
 
The Dark Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 05:18 AM   #35
Darth Shrapnel
Registered User
 
Darth Shrapnel's Avatar
 
The happiest place on Earth (According to Krusty)
Exclamation

New Galaxy Force pics:


Clear picture of Optimus
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/newtype1.jpg

Megatron
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/animage1.jpg
 
Darth Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 06:02 AM   #36
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix
 
Alpha Trion's Avatar
 
Cleveland, OH
Default

Interesting. Convoy looks very much like his pre-Earth form, and Megatron's shoulders look almost exactly like Unicron's. How likely is it, though, that he would go from being Megatron, to calling himself Galvatron, to being named Megatron again?
 
Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 03:31 PM   #37
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Interesting. Convoy looks very much like his pre-Earth form, and Megatron's shoulders look almost exactly like Unicron's. How likely is it, though, that he would go from being Megatron, to calling himself Galvatron, to being named Megatron again?
He did that in Japanese G1 continuity.
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 04:51 PM   #38
robo_rob
Registered User
 
robo_rob's Avatar
 
Stockbridge, GA.
Default

I am really liking the new looking Cybertron Prime and Megatron. Thats a neat design. Prime looks like a mix of the Cybertronian form Prime from the first episode of Armada with the head of Primal Prime. I also get Star Sconvoy and Thunderclash when looking at that. Megatron looked a good bit like Slugsligner when I first looked at him. However he also makes me think of Black Zarak. Very cool design. Cybertron being a continuation of the Armada/Energon continuity is a good thing to me as I have loved it so far.

I am curious to see what the gimmick to it will be. Archer said there would be more Mini-cons in Cybertron. SO I wonder if we will get some funky combo of Armada and Energons gimmicks. Who knows at this point though.
 
robo_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 06:18 PM   #39
Saul
Registered User
 
Ireland
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
He did that in Japanese G1 continuity.
Like, only once though.

What's the deal with the armada animation? You mean the series was animated twice? I don't get how both of those versions could be different, i thought only the dub was the change in the USA.
 
Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 07:32 PM   #40
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Saul
Like, only once though.

What's the deal with the armada animation? You mean the series was animated twice? I don't get how both of those versions could be different, i thought only the dub was the change in the USA.
Yeah, only once in Japanese continuity, but didn't he also go from Megatron to Galvatron and back to Megatron in the US/UK comics?

And from what I understand Armada was the early unfinished animation, hence why it's so crude. I assume Hasbro wanted to get their 30 minute commercials running in America as soon as possible to promote their new toyline, so instead of waiting for the finsihed product they airred the "beta" version.
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.