• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2004-11-10, 08:59 PM   #1
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Default Galaxy Force a different continuity from Superlink?

Fan to Fan reports some new information from Newtype magazine:

Quote:
A gigantic black hole has swallowed the planet of Cybertron and began devouring on the rest of the universe. Escaped from their doomed homeplanet, a group of Transformers hid on Earth disguised as Earth's vehicles. The leader of the group, Galaxy Convoy came in contact with an ancient Transformer, Vector Prime. There he learnt the existence of Planet Force, an ancient artifact capable of reformatting a planet. At the same time, after the same Planet Force, Master Megatron and his Decepticons have also come to Earth. Helping Galaxy Convoy and his Autobots are 3 humans, Colby, Bert, Lolly (translation subject to change) [NOTE: Their names have already been translated as "Cory, Bud and Lori", among others].
An interesting observation can be made on the 3 characters designs featured in the article, not only do they have almost identical designs to the their Micron Legend/Superlink counterparts, they have the same names too. Jetfire (Galaxy Force Dreadnought?), Red Alert and Landmine. Coincidence? Mistake? or perhaps there is a link after all?

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:28 PM   #2
DrSpengler
Primus

Well, it's just the overall plot synopsis. It could certainly take place in teh same continuity. Most of the Japanese shows in G1 started from "scratch" with little reference to the previous Transformer series other than the Transformers themselves and an occasional cameo.

But if this is a new continuity, why start over already? Don't pull that Fina Fantasy crap with us, Japan!

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 10:02 PM   #3
Capn

Well Headmasters gave a brief, but slightly altered backstory on G1, and Masterforce had some very sparse G1 references, but yeah, they seem to hit that history eraser button alot!

Old 2004-11-10, 11:02 PM   #4
Transfannabeel
Matrix Keeper

in the corner losing my religion

I hope they don't start a new continuity. It doesn't make too much sense to me if they do when so many character desings are similar to Armada/Energon ones.

Transfannabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:21 PM   #5
Devil Z

The buzz is Gonzo HATED Micron Legend and Superlink and desired to do a restart their way, without having to follow a previous cannon.

Old 2004-11-11, 12:33 AM   #6
Darth Shrapnel

The happiest place on Earth (According to Krusty)

I don`t know, the way Superlink`s going I wouldn`t be surprised if it ended with a black hole swallowing Seibertron.

Darth Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 01:39 AM   #7
ssjautobot
Powermaster

i doubt its a different continuatiy. because maste megatron has the powers of unicron in this series. and in superlink, when unicron was destroyed, he kept his essense inside of megatron

ssjautobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 02:51 AM   #8
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix

Cleveland, OH

Theres simply too many links in Galaxy Force to established Micronverse material for it to be a separate continuity, unless it's sort of like a G1 cartoon vs G1 comic deal, where you have characters that look the same and share names, but the similarities end there.

Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 03:32 AM   #9
ssjautobot
Powermaster

yeah, hot shot, jetfire, and it appears to be ironhide are all in it. i guess we will just have to wait till it comes out either in japan or in the US to find out

Old 2004-11-11, 11:00 AM   #10
phoenix

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Theres simply too many links in Galaxy Force to established Micronverse material for it to be a separate continuity, unless it's sort of like a G1 cartoon vs G1 comic deal, where you have characters that look the same and share names, but the similarities end there.
The Minicon in this series appear unable to powerlinx, and they came with Vector Prime, not from Unicron and, if Gonzo want to restart the canon, is more than possible than this is a new series, with reference to the past to appeal the audience ...

Old 2004-11-11, 01:50 PM   #11
Capn

Since the last three shows, while having some decent toys before being repainted several dozen times, just made me feel dirty for watching them, so I am not holding my breath on Galaxy Force, Im probably gonna get some of the toys tho

Old 2004-11-11, 06:20 PM   #12
ssjautobot
Powermaster

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix
The Minicon in this series appear unable to powerlinx, and they came with Vector Prime, not from Unicron and, if Gonzo want to restart the canon, is more than possible than this is a new series, with reference to the past to appeal the audience ...
well in energon, the minicons cant powerlink with the transformers. they just found a different way of getting more power (hence superlinking) just like inthis show, where they have the "red chips"

Old 2004-11-11, 07:34 PM   #13
Saul

Ireland

I hope it continues on from Energon (superlink) I'm getting tired of the series resetting itself every few years.

Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 08:11 PM   #14
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Considering all the similarities between the Galaxy Force characters and their Micron Legend/Superlink predecessors, it's obvious that GF could be worked out as a continuation of the previous series. Since Hasbro is claiming GF's US counterpart, Cybertron, is a continuation of Armada and Energon (corroborated by Simon Furman, himself), it's probably safe to say that the US won't see the reset switch hit until after Cybertron. Japan might, but that's their ill fortune.
I'll stick with the US version, especially since the comics have better writing.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 01:35 AM   #15
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix

Cleveland, OH

Quote:
Originally posted by Saul
I'm getting tired of the series resetting itself every few years.
There hasn't really been many continuity resets. Beast Machines brought the original Cartoon Continuity to a close, and Car Robots was just a stand-alone series made to buy time for HasTak to figure out what they wanted to do for future TF animation. There's only been two resets, both being done between 2000 and 2002.

Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 11:07 AM   #16
phoenix

Altough CYBERTRON is the sequel of ENERGON, a different end of the same history is poosible: for example G1 season 4 was never dubbed in Japanese, an instead we have HEADMASTER, with a lot of sequel.
Well, i hope that this is a sequel, but, as i stated in my previous thread, if GONZO* hated SUPERLINK and want to restart the TF history, we HAVE a small problem

Quote:
Originally posted by ssjautobot
well in energon, the minicons cant powerlink with the transformers. they just found a different way of getting more power (hence superlinking) just like inthis show, where they have the "red chips"
The real point (NOT the ONLY point) is that the Mincon appear to came not only in a different role (they do not powerlink with TF), but also from a different source (Vector Prime and not Unicron)

Master Megatron is the only point that display a close relationship with the end of SUPERLINK (destruction of Unicron), but could also be related with TFTM or the Japanese BW series, IMO.

*Sound like an insult, some sort of stupid, in italian.

Old 2004-11-12, 02:28 PM   #17
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I haven't been keeping up with the cartoons and comics of late, so I'm all about the toys.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote