• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2004-11-28, 06:54 PM   #1
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Red face Grimlock remold is WHEELJACK

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...938687740&rd=1

Okay, the two remolds have been revealed... Now who's gonna be the Mitsubishi and the Acura?

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 07:10 PM   #2
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

That looks pretty spiffy. Didn't know that the Grimlock mold would work for Wheeljack, but I'm certainly pleasantly surprised.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 07:36 PM   #3
Scarrita

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

The sleeker head looks pretty cool but what about the Wheeljack "colors". It's a little thing, I know, but it just looks better.

PS:

Are we ever going to get original Decepticon designs?

Ever?

Any word?

Scarrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 08:53 PM   #4
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Hmm. I'm not entirely convinced that's a prototype.

Quote:
Are we ever going to get original Decepticon designs?
Incredibly doubtful. It's Takara's line, and bad guys historically have tended not to sell as well in Japan.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 08:57 PM   #5
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Are we ever going to get an equal number of decepticons to face the autobots?

We get 2 variations of Smokescreen, a useless remold of grimlock...and four decepticons to face eight autobots! Keep this up, takara

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 09:18 PM   #6
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Thumbs down

Wow, is that random or what?

Grimlock's mold with Jazz's colours and Wheeljack's head. And if it's an actual prototype, the Hasbro version might end up getting called Downshift.

If it had more Wheeljack-ish colours...maybe. But it the final scheme is anything like that? I'll pass, thank you.

[EDIT]And if they hadn't wasted the Tracks remold on Ravage of all things, that would have made a much better Wheeljack.

Last edited by Warcry; 2004-11-28 at 09:21 PM.
Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:23 PM   #7
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Hmm. I'm not entirely convinced that's a prototype.
Bodycount of TFans, who claims to have some "connections", claims he knew this was coming for some time...

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:24 PM   #8
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Looking at the number of other proto auctions, seems reasonable.

Quote:
Originally posted by Warcry
[EDIT]And if they hadn't wasted the Tracks remold on Ravage of all things, that would have made a much better Wheeljack.
Can't see it working, personally.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 10:58 PM   #9
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

I saw a few Photoshop edits of a Wheeljack head on a Track's mold floating around a few months ago. Bidbadtoystore had a premature selling of one where the link is still up but the pic is gone. From what I remember, the pic was basically a white car with a Wheeljack head that didn't look too bad. I did a google search but came up empty trying to find it.

I'm also a bit disappointed with this choice of figure design for Wheeljack. The figure itself looks fine and I'm sure it's very articulate but it doesn't feel like a good choice for a Wheeljack head. Personally, I would have gone with one of the other Stunticons, Runamuck, Runabout, or some other car Transformer. Hell, maybe a Seeker like Thundercracker would have worked well with those door wings. I might have gone with something daring and have it be an Alternator Hot Shot based on the Energon version since it looks a lot like it, but Wheeljack just doesn't sit well with me for some reason or another.

I'll most likely get the figure, but I would have gone with a Track's mold for Wheeljack.

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 03:04 AM   #10
Seerus Nalaius
Headmaster

IN SPACE!

First we get a Shockwave Aternator, then Wheeljack? Awesome.

Seerus Nalaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 03:50 AM   #11
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Incredibly doubtful. It's Takara's line, and bad guys historically have tended not to sell as well in Japan.
Except Hasbro's indicated interest in either coming up with their own designs or somehow coercing Takara into breaking from their routine in the line.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 04:00 AM   #12
Pun-3X
Clinically dead since 1996

Nevada

Excellent! I might customize the color stripes when it comes out, but otherwise, I like it. ^^

Pun-3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 04:37 AM   #13
Almighty Galvatron

Gone drinking

Just a thought, if HasTak follows the curretn pattern for remolds then won't Wheeljack end up being a decepticon? The fact that hasbro said somewhere a while back that they were reserving the name for decepticons following armada leaves me witha sneaking suspicion that Wheeljack may be in line for a faction change, and those autobot insignias might just be like the ones that seem to appear on all the decepticon protos...

Almighty Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 10:56 AM   #14
Pun-3X
Clinically dead since 1996

Nevada

Quite possible. Also note in the picture of his back, that you can barely make out the "grmlck" text. At least, it doesn't look like an abbreviation of Wheeljack that I can see.

It's kind of the same as the "Sunstreaker" prototype having the Bot insignia in his chest before he became Dead End.

Pun-3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:29 PM   #15
Scarrita

What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

I think, with the head and all, that it isn't gonna be anyone but Wheeljack. It's kinda distinctive, but I wouldn't rule out a Decepticon from this mold. Although it would be nice if they got their own molds. But what would they be....

Scarrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 12:43 PM   #16
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarrita
I think, with the head and all, that it isn't gonna be anyone but Wheeljack. It's kinda distinctive, but I wouldn't rule out a Decepticon from this mold.
That would be wise. It's not a 100% guarantee that the mold will be Wheeljack simply because the head is highly similar to G1 Wheeljack's head. Remember when Dead End was coming out and we saw those prototype pics? Most of us thought it was going to Sunstreaker because of the head and he was the same model of car as Sideswipe (or Side Swipe to be technically accurate). From what I remember, quite a few people were surprised that Dead End was going to be the end product.

Last edited by Civ; 2004-11-29 at 12:46 PM.
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 03:26 PM   #17
the_escaflowne_2k
Gestalt

Under a cloud, no atlas though [Manchester].
Default Re: Grimlock remold is WHEELJACK

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore

Okay, the two remolds have been revealed... Now who's gonna be the Mitsubishi and the Acura?
Isn't there still the Honda remold to be revealed yet or have i missed it? Or are you just counting remolds of ones released so far?

the_escaflowne_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 03:52 PM   #18

Hmmm, where have we seen this before....sunstreakers head, his brother side swipes body....autobots insignias...oh yeah that's deadend. Now wheeljacks head and autobots insignias...a white body with blue racing stripes, perhaps one of deadends buddies. Don't get your hopes up for wheeljack, this has happened to us before, my money is on breakdown.

Old 2004-11-29, 04:11 PM   #19
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I, for one, thought the Dead End switcheroo was brilliant. They got the fans hyped for Sunstreaker, then released him as Dead End. It got people talking, so more people will be like "I like that mold. I'll get it." Of course, I was glad to see that it wasn't Sunstreaker because there weren't (and still aren't) enough decepticons in this line.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 04:13 PM   #20
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by guest
Don't get your hopes up for wheeljack, this has happened to us before, my money is on breakdown.
It would make more sense of the stripes.

Plus there were the Brakedown rumours from a few months ago...

Quote:
According to reports that have been confirmed several times, Hasbro hinted backstage at the Official Transformers Collectors' Convention in August 2004 that an Alternators toy was planned that's supposed to be based on the Stunticon Breakdown. However, since this name would most probably not meet any car company's approval, Hasbro would instead use a new, preferrably similar sounding name - and indeed, Hasbro currently own the trademark to the name "Brakedown"
[/pilfered from that Nevermore bloke's site]

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote