• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2004-11-23, 04:31 PM   #1
Lambda prime
Unicron

North East UK
Default What happened to HiQ?

At the end of G1 Hi Q was altered by the last Autobot to form optimus prime's new body. then the new Prime was destroyed in issue 12 of G2. But what exactly happened to HiQ? Was his body altered from organic to mechanic? It looked like he was being attached by wires rather then 'roboticized'.
Also of his consceince, was it erased or merged with Optimus? It seems that way as Optimus seemed to be the same old Optimus in G2. I reckon since Hi Q had the spark of Optimus within him he was rewritten and taken over.
Also to note is that at the end of G1 Optimus recieved his action master body, in G2 he had his old body.

Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Lambda prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 10:24 PM   #2
Blitzwing
was here way before you.

British Columbia

I always assumed that their minds just merged, and since Optimus was the dominant personality, his mind showed more in the new Optimus.

And most of the Action Masters ended up being regular transformers by G2, so apparently something must have happened to give them their ability to transform back. Or maybe the Nucleon just wore off.

Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 03:20 AM   #3
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by Blitzwing
And most of the Action Masters ended up being regular transformers by G2, so apparently something must have happened to give them their ability to transform back. Or maybe the Nucleon just wore off.
Another Time and Place.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 04:20 AM   #4
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix

Newfoundland, Canada.

Quote:
Another Time and Place.
actually i had similar wonderings about that myself as i recently purchased the g2 trades (although i had read them before) how does all that continuity fit? like this vast cybertronion empire that developed while the autobots were stranded on earth....

....in the g1 series the 'cons seemed like they had cybertron pretty much wrapped up and there were no "new cybertronions" to be seen on cybertron, just the old school "barbaric" transformers....... i assumed it just all made sense but i never really had it explained to me.....is it slightly different continuity? or what? i mean it doesnt contradict the future UK stories as they were just a different alternate timeline but G2 seemed to come right after US G1....

. "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 06:26 AM   #5
Lambda prime
Unicron

North East UK

Another Time and place (UK annual 1991) is a explanation but it also wraps up the Decepticons and Megatron, his nucleon reborn zombie was destroyed by Optimus and Grimlock and the Decepticon's were also destroyed by the autobots.

Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Lambda prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 07:03 AM   #6
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

It could easily have been Straxatron. And all the Decepticons weren't explicictly destroyed. Certainly, no-one's killed more terminally than Fangry was in #332. Bludgeon got dissassembled, but who's to say that's actually terminal for a transformer?

Old 2004-11-24, 09:01 PM   #7
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Bludgeon got dissassembled, but who's to say that's actually terminal for a transformer?
His brain could survive in a toy car after all.....

Man the US comic was bad from Prime's death to Primes life.

Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 05:51 PM   #8
Death's Head
Gestalt

London

Maybe he wasn't in his shell. There's a good TMUK story dealing with that called "And why didn't he scream...?"

SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Death's Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 06:34 PM   #9
Lord Decepticon
Banned

2-D Layout

I have a question, why the hell does Zarak look like Magneto?

Lord Decepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 01:49 AM   #10
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

He had white hair. Hair colour's about the only way to tell 'human' characters from each other in most 1980s Marvel comics... try telling Clint Barton, Steve Rogers and Hank Pym apart in civvies.

Old 2004-11-27, 04:24 AM   #11
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix

Newfoundland, Canada.

Clint is the one who exudes awesomeness!! its true though it was hard to tell civilian garb apart in those comics...

. "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 12:24 AM   #12
Fitchman

I absolutely hate the "alternate universe" idea. Such a cop out. Use some imagination and find a way to make the story work.
End of rant. Thanks.

Fitchman is offline   Reply With Quote