• transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2004-12-01, 06:14 AM   #21
shawn

will any of the other transformers that can change into bigger robots be in the movie like omega supreme

Old 2004-12-01, 06:33 AM   #22
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by shawn
will any of the other transformers that can change into bigger robots be in the movie like omega supreme
Highly unlikely for the first flick. If he shows up, it probably would be in some sequel.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 02:43 PM   #23
Ultra_Sayian_Valcor

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I've said it before*, new members should be made to take an IQ test. Or maybe a "Are You a Fanboy Wanker?" test. At times like this, I really do feel for the guys who just like G1 and would just like to, if possible, see a movie quite close to the stuff they like. Tossers like this must make them so ashamed - y'know, like a Christian who just reads the bible and lives by some of its less psychotic ideals when he sees some tacky wideboy evangelist?

In an ideal world, I'd love to see a Marvel-comic based movie with unchanged characters and the like. It won't happen, I dealt with that very, very quickly [I never thought there'd be a chance, basically, because I have reason and intelligence], and moved on. Just because this thing isn't going to going to fulfil one of my daydreams [my actual dreams just tend to be about odd things happening at work...] doesn't mean it's going to be a piece of crap.

Some of these guys need to smell the coffee. G1, the part of it some of you want the franchise to snap back to, was 20 years ago. Things have moved on. You want a carbon copy of ****ing 1984? Get the Season 1 DVDs, an old calendar, some Huey Lewis & the News, spend a bomb on some very hit-and-miss toys, and sit in your dank ****ing basements locked down there and keep the **** away from the real people.

I q test because my opion does not coinside with your's not to mention with out G1 none of this other garbage with bad scripts and writing and s**t animation would exist!!! Yes G1 is the best!!Also I think there are a world of posibilatys with this movie. One I think would is to do without Optimus Prime and use Rodimus Prime have set after the original movie . besides the dialog in G1 ten times better than any of these latter brands . Imean do we not have people in the USA that can write its terrible!!!

* Actually, it might have been Denyer, in which case I'm stealing it and he's welcome to try and stop me. Well, maybe not try, as he'll probably succeed. Maybe just glare at me for a bit and I'll say sorry?

Ultra_Sayian_Valcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 04:53 PM   #24
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Imean do we not have people in the USA that can write its terrible!!!
We certainly can't count on you it seems...

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 05:51 PM   #25
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultra_Sayian_Valcor
I q test because my opion does not coinside with your's not to mention with out G1 none of this other garbage with bad scripts and writing and s**t animation would exist!!! Yes G1 is the best!!
Without the old Ford T model, there wouldn't be the cars we know today. Still doesn't mean the old T was the best car ever.

Likewise, Action Comics #1 is hardly among the best comics ever written...

"Older" does not necessarily equal "better".

Quote:
besides the dialog in G1 ten times better than any of these latter brands . Imean do we not have people in the USA that can write its terrible!!!
The dialogues in Beast Wars and Beast Machines were vastly superior to the Geewun cr@p. On the other hand, both Armada and Energon were originally written in Japan and then received a horrible English dub.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.

Last edited by Nevermore; 2004-12-01 at 05:59 PM.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 06:04 PM   #26
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Yay! Another Davetherave! How long do you think it'll take this one to snap and flame everyone? Dave certainly lasted a long time for a rabid fanboy.

BTW, your beloved gee-wun is the worst garbade. Say what you like about RID, Armada and Energon, but their animation and scripts were much better.

They actually have a plot that isn't forgotten after 30 minutes, and most of their stories don't involve megatron building the deluxe cannon, having the autobots in a situation where he can slag the whole lot of 'em, and then not do it because he can't be arsed to.

Animation? How many animation errors were there in the original series? I don't even know if they can be counted. Just because you don't like the animation style doesn't mean it's bad.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 06:25 PM   #27
Screamwaves7

FINALLY!!!!
Others who sees Energon, Armada, and RID were HUGE discraces to the original cartoon.

Old 2004-12-01, 07:04 PM   #28
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Screamwaves7
FINALLY!!!!
Others who sees Energon, Armada, and RID were HUGE discraces to the original cartoon.
Where?

Old 2004-12-01, 07:10 PM   #29
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Where?
I believe he's referring to Ultra_Saiyian_Valcor.

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 08:21 PM   #30
RID Scourge
Lurking

Thumbs down

Quote:
FINALLY!!!!
The original cartoon was a disgrace to the original cartoon. Sure, it had its moments, but when all is said and done, it was the biggest piece of garbage to be produced in the tfu.

Old 2004-12-01, 09:12 PM   #31
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by PaladinPrime
The original cartoon was a disgrace to the original cartoon.
The original cartoon was a disgrace to the Marvel comics.

Old 2004-12-01, 09:26 PM   #32
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Quote:
FINALLY!!!!
such a shame that they consist of people with the inability to form coherant english sentances. I'm sorry if these people are foreign but there are many foreign people on here able to write readable sentances. And also the kind of people who think abbreviating sentances by replacing words and letters with numbers is any faster or easier to read and write.

look here, i am a g1 fanboy, so i dont shout "trukk not munkky" from the rooftops but i bloody love the Generation 1 cartoon, its nostalgia, makes me remember the carefree days of when i was 5... but i realise that its a load of bollocks, bad dialogue, bad storylines, horrendous animation. There are far more superior cartoons out there, to list just a few i go he-man (new), turtles (new), Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Iron Man (90's, only after it got the snazzy new beginning), Spider-Man (90's), X-Men (90's). All included top notch animation and story for the most part, i love comics and these super-heros load and loads, but i dont like these technically better cartoons more than G1 cos i grew up with G1.

To Cliffy (prominently), give up man, the geewun fanboys cannot be stopped, theyre like a plague, accept theyre here and ignore them, theyll only destroy your mind otherwise.

Last edited by CounterPunch; 2004-12-01 at 09:33 PM.
CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 10:16 PM   #33
RID Scourge
Lurking

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
The original cartoon was a disgrace to the Marvel comics.
That goes without saying.

Old 2004-12-01, 11:27 PM   #34
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch
There are far more superior cartoons out there, to list just a few i go he-man (new), turtles (new), Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Iron Man (90's, only after it got the snazzy new beginning), Spider-Man (90's), X-Men (90's).
Yes...but it is not fair to compare Transformers: Generation 1 to the modern good animation shows. ('cause let's face it...there is a lot of crap out right now)

TF:G1 wasn't perfect, but for the time, it wasn't weak either.

I go back and watch a lot of cartoons I liked from when I was a kid...GI Joe and Transformers are about the only ones I can stand watching anymore without thinking, "How in the hell did I like this once?" To name a few...Thundercats, Mask, Thundarr, Jem...

....uh...ignore that last one please.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, G1 has more value than just it's sentimental value, I think. For its time, it was a strong show that tried to push the medium further and in directions it hadn't gone before. (something I still think the new Transformers shows are doing for this latest generation of animated shows)

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-01, 11:32 PM   #35
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone
TF:G1 wasn't perfect, but for the time, it wasn't weak either.

I go back and watch a lot of cartoons I liked from when I was a kid...GI Joe and Transformers are about the only ones I can stand watching anymore without thinking, "How in the hell did I like this once?" To name a few...Thundercats, Mask, Thundarr, Jem...
Ah, but you've unintentionally proven the point everyone's been trying to make, which is nostalgia doesn't make a crap show good. If someone wants to talk about the good parts of the show, fine. But saying, "But we all grew up with it!", or, "But it came first! Nothing else would be here if it weren't for G1!" does not prove anything (other than that one is a fanboy jagoff).

Last edited by Dead Man Wade; 2004-12-01 at 11:34 PM.
Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 01:10 AM   #36
Screamwaves7

Hey PaladinPrime and Fort_Max.......why don't you log off, and accept other people LIKED the G1 Transformers.

If I'm not mistaken....it's a G1 movie, not a mix of all the crap in the new millenium (RID, Armada, and Energon)

If you wanna mock G1 so much, go to a Energon website, I'm sure they'd be glad to have you two.

Old 2004-12-02, 01:14 AM   #37
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure
Lightbulb

I've gotta admit although I'm a bit of a TF nut (let me point out now...not a fanboy) I'm not exactly fond of the G1 cartoon beyond series 1 though I do like the orginal movie, depsite it going against everything the G1 cartoon was. (TF's could only die in the comics before then.)

Essentially I'm agreeing with all those that say the old days were not all that good, though it did give a good starting block for a massive franchise that brings in new fans all the time.

Beasts Wars and Beast Machines were fantastically written and looked great while keeping the G1 series in mind it created its own mythology (which DW will probably wreck *mutters obscenities*)

RID not so good, despite giving us some great molds its still felt really asian despite the dubbing and name changes.

Armada was a bit of a let down as was most of the comic both of which improved with the intro of Energon, and Galaxy Force is looking to be a bit good..but who can tell yet? Me.....no...no i cant!

Also does any one remember Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors...now there was an 80's cartoon.

P.S. Screamwaves7 you gotta learn to use your edit button...no one likes a double posting fanboy!

Last edited by AutobotJazz; 2004-12-02 at 01:17 AM.
AutobotJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 01:19 AM   #38
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
Ah, but you've unintentionally proven the point everyone's been trying to make, which is nostalgia doesn't make a crap show good. If someone wants to talk about the good parts of the show, fine. But saying, "But we all grew up with it!", or, "But it came first! Nothing else would be here if it weren't for G1!" does not prove anything (other than that one is a fanboy jagoff).
I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything. I was just trying to point out that it is unfair to judge Transformers against modern day animation. Animation is light years ahead of what it was in the 60's and 70's...and I really think we have the Marvel shows in the early and mid 80's to thank for this. But, even though TF in the 80's was great for it's time with story and animation, it can't hold a candle to even the stuff that could be considered "bad" these days as far as quality goes.

But, when it comes right down to it...I enjoy the G1 better than the latest stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Beast Wars, I enjoy Armada and Energon...I don't know anything about RiD...but I like some of the toys...but it's always the characters in the later shows that have some sort of homage or connection to a G1 character that I like the best. But why is this? Why do I like the G1 stuff better? I don't know. Nostalgia possibly. Call it what you will...it's not going to change, at least not for me.

So what do I really want? I'd like for G1 to make a come back...like Masters of the Universe did. I'd love to see a cartoon...would only have to be a season...done with modern animation and attention to continuity and story with the G1 characters of old. That would be my dream.

They did it with He-Man...and made 3 very enjoyable seasons of cartoons. Great characters taken (from what would these days be considered a not so great show) and used to make a great show today.

That's what I'd like to see with the movie, too. It's basically a modern day story telling using modern day technology and techniques to tell a story about characters that I'm fond of. And since it's being touted as a story about those G1 characters...I don't really want any cross over characters from the other shows. It can be an all new telling about those characters (I couldn't give two s***s in a pod about the old cartoon), it's the characters I like and care about.

And I don't think that because that's what I like that that should make me a "fanboy jagoff." <shrugs> (of course, I don't think I'm being an ass about it either...at least I'm trying not to be...which I think was what you were really probably getting at with that last sentence?)

EDIT: Oh...and I'll just say that I don't believe "fanboy" should be a dirty word. I proudly admit to being a fanboy. I'm a fanboy of Star Wars, I'm a fanboy of Dragonlance, I'm a fanboy of Transformers...and I don't think that that is necessarily a bad thing.

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

Last edited by Brimstone; 2004-12-02 at 01:29 AM.
Old 2004-12-02, 01:23 AM   #39
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Hey PaladinPrime and Fort_Max.......why don't you log off, and accept other people LIKED the G1 Transformers.

If I'm not mistaken....it's a G1 movie, not a mix of all the crap in the new millenium (RID, Armada, and Energon)

If you wanna mock G1 so much, go to a Energon website, I'm sure they'd be glad to have you two.
Hey, f*cknuts, this is an Energon website, in that it's a Transformers website. And if I ever see scum like you trying to order a decent poster around, your arse becomes my personal football, understand?

Repeat for the arsecandle gang: This is a Transformers forum, not a Geewun Masturbation Marathon.

Girl Who Loved Powerglide
Sea Change
Megatron's Masterplan
Nightmare Planet
Madman's Paradise
A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court
Surprise Party
Aerial Assault [racist as well as crap, great eh?]
The Face of Nijika
Chaos
Money is Everything
The Trans-Europe Express
BOT

Just piss off, eh? That's about 10% of the run, and that's just the total, irredeemable stinkers, and I'm not even trying. Those are just the pieces of crap I don't even have to write explanations for.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 01:26 AM   #40
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court
<blushes>

Heh heh...I actually liked this one.

So uh...am I lumped in with that "f*cknuts" comment because I like G1, too?

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone