• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2004-12-03, 11:29 AM   #21
Random Sweep

Under the Banner

hehe they would probably get Samuel Jackson to do jazz. hell he will work on anything after all

Random Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 02:05 PM   #22
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
No, Witwicky isn't gay. Err, wow.
I pity whichever poor bastard moderates that board. I really do.

Quote:
already 10 PAGES of responses? I promised my self not to come back too often, but when somebody told me, I had to see for myself. You guys are amazing.
And psychotic, in a few cases.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 06:20 PM   #23
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by stoltobot
As for a two seat high octane 'brother', the only two seater I know of 'colour' (color to you yanks) is Jazz.
Where did you get 'of colour'?

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 06:39 PM   #24
Baxter
MIA

Nashville: Home of the Predators

Wasn't Jazz a white Porsche?

Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 06:41 PM   #25
DrSpengler
Primus

Wink

I think he meant black. Jazz and Blaster were the two "black" robots. Just like Panthro was the black Thundercat!

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 06:51 PM   #26
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
I think he meant black. Jazz and Blaster were the two "black" robots.
I realize that. I'm just wondering where in John's post about the 'high octane brother' he got the 'of colour' part.

Old 2004-12-07, 03:52 PM   #27
Ghirox

Quote:
1.) Specific design stuff like eye color, etc., will be determined by the Hasbro and concept art humans. Not my gig. But I'm meeting with the toy folk this week, and have been told they have some very strict guidelines, and interesting ideas.
Hasbro? :-( Takara could be better

Quote:
4) The TF's are being chosen because of their personalities. That's more important to the process of treating them like real characters than the alt-forms to me.
Well done, John, they must look sentient, so they must have personalities (sarcastic) - You must consider that they must be hidden into an alt form, so their bodies must be adapted to fit in .... that is different from not have personalities ....

Quote:
9.) [fanboy joking tone] Maybe it's me, but Megatron doesn't need to become a wee little gun because he's Megatron, intergalactic kicker of @sses, and he doesn't hide from no stinking humans [/end fanboy joking tone].
Could we have Browning? (the small gun in Masterforce)

I want a Lamborghini or Ferrari in this film ... some italian thing like pizza (the original, from Napoli), fashion and cars fit well everywhere .... according to an italian transfan

Old 2004-12-07, 04:27 PM   #28
Arcee

Germany. Status: not blonde

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
I realize that. I'm just wondering where in John's post about the 'high octane brother' he got the 'of colour' part.
The 'brother' bit?

Arcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 09:12 PM   #29
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Oh yeah...what was the deal with the "Chorostop" comment? Was he joking or being serious there?

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 06:13 AM   #30
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Wow, I should've looked into this thread sooner...

I do find Ratchet's change to a firetruck odd since an ambulance does make more sense for a medic, but it doesn't bother me and knowing that somewhere some pyschopathic pervert is freaking out over it makes it worthwhile.

The question still burning in my mind is whether or not Alternators will be the movie tie-ins or if there will be a whole new line. Since they'll undoubtedly be using real life alternate modes, I really hope they also plan on making figures as finely made as the Alternators line. Only real problem I can foresee with that is the lack of varying pricepoints.

Oh, and tank Megatron. Tank Megatron!

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 07:52 AM   #31
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
To be honest, I hope Megatron is something else other than a tank or a gun if only for the sole reason of shutting both sides of the argument up. Maybe a jet, a semi-truck, a train, a muscle car, or something more subtle like a refridgerator. At this point, I'll take just about anything else.

Last edited by Civ; 2004-12-08 at 07:58 AM.
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 11:57 AM   #32
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Civ
Maybe a jet, a semi-truck, a train, a muscle car, or something more subtle like a refridgerator. At this point, I'll take just about anything else.
Personally I'd like to see him as something none threatening...like a toaster or a waffle iron...you know...only dangerous in the wrong hands. Thats how the Witwickys will get involved as they'll buy him at some kind of yard sale (or car boot sale.)

But thats my opinion and its crazy coz im overworked

AutobotJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 06:00 PM   #33
DrSpengler
Primus

Thumbs up

Quote:
I do find Ratchet's change to a firetruck odd since an ambulance does make more sense for a medic, but it doesn't bother me and knowing that somewhere some pyschopathic pervert is freaking out over it makes it worthwhile.

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 12:11 PM   #34
Ghirox

Quote:
The question still burning in my mind is whether or not Alternators will be the movie tie-ins or if there will be a whole new line. Since they'll undoubtedly be using real life alternate modes, I really hope they also plan on making figures as finely made as the Alternators line. Only real problem I can foresee with that is the lack of varying pricepoints.
the recently surfaced (in Italy) citroen C4 TV commercial give us a first look to an Alternator in a real action movie .... could work, and i hope they use alternator-styled mold in the Movie .....

Quote:
I'm thinking of some sort of military truck .... some sort of RID Scourge? .... An Evil counterpart of Optimus Prime, like the G1 Stunticons commander

About Ratchet, a firetruck is not the best choice possible (altough could work for Inferno or someone else): if they don't want an ambulance (that, essentialy, make sense for a medic), must have another type of "medical" inspired alt form ... a rescue outfitted SUV or some sort of this ....

Old 2004-12-10, 09:25 PM   #35
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Quote:
well as said, jazz (along with blaster) are the two 'black' characters, and brother is one of the stereotypical kind of matey words black people supposedly use, much like dude (surfer) and homes (latino american)

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 09:51 PM   #36
stoltobot
Headmaster

Nagoya, Japan

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch
well as said, jazz (along with blaster) are the two 'black' characters, and brother is one of the stereotypical kind of matey words black people supposedly use, much like dude (surfer) and homes (latino american)
You know, like Shaft. A 'brother'. Not a racist term but still quite a pidgeonholing stereotypical one that is quite often bandied around in Hollywood by white folk when talking about movies with cool 70s black people in them.
________
Yamaha virago 750 specifications

Last edited by stoltobot; 2011-03-09 at 12:12 AM.
stoltobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 09:55 PM   #37
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
You know, like Shaft. A 'brother'. Not a racist term but still quite a pidgeonholing stereotypical one that is quite often bandied around in Hollywood by white folk when talking about movies with cool 70s black people in them.
Wow, see I took that as meaning, literally, 'brother'. As in, sibling. But I'm weird like that.

And I mean, I got that part. I was primarily wondering where you got the words 'of colour'. If it was an inferrence based on the word brother, fine. I just didn't see him use those words a single time in the entire post. That was all.

Old 2004-12-10, 10:04 PM   #38
stoltobot
Headmaster

Nagoya, Japan

Aah, the joys of interpreting inflectionless language on the internet! When emoticons just cant express how you really feel

Personally, I dont think they will be so cheap as to re-use alternator designs for the movie. But I am sure they will still be designing regular TFs for a new cartoon series for the kiddies so maybe some laziness may creep in. Also, most of the new superhero movies have bucketloads of merchandise and figures of all shapes and sizes so I am kind of expecting to see price ranges vary and possibly multiple incarnations of the major characters. Probablky a different marketing strategy than seen before with the cartoons. Just my .02
________
Scuderia Ferrari History

Last edited by stoltobot; 2011-03-09 at 12:13 AM.
stoltobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 11:14 PM   #39
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Personally, I dont think they will be so cheap as to re-use alternator designs for the movie.
Actually, Don Murphy has already stated that they plan to do just that in some cases.

Old 2004-12-10, 11:41 PM   #40
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Actually, Don Murphy has already stated that they plan to do just that in some cases.
That's cool.

Although I will say that I'm really hoping for a box truck design for Optimus Prime and not the newer sleak Mack truck design that Laser/Armada kind of used. Yeah, I'd definately prefer a G1/Energon design.

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote