• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2004-12-11, 01:14 AM   #41
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone
Although I will say that I'm really hoping for a box truck design for Optimus Prime and not the newer sleak Mack truck design that Laser/Armada kind of used. Yeah, I'd definately prefer a G1/Energon design.
The problem being, however, that they're going for actual car licenses, and not many companies are going to be willing to allow them the use of a design they haven't offered in twenty years.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 08:35 AM   #42
stoltobot
Headmaster

Nagoya, Japan

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
Actually, Don Murphy has already stated that they plan to do just that in some cases.
Really? You don't happen to have a reference to where he say that do you? I don't remember reading it but I try and keep an eye on everything he says.

EDIT* Thanks Nevermore
________
Jaguar r4 history

Last edited by stoltobot; 2011-03-09 at 12:13 AM.
stoltobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:55 AM   #43
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by stoltobot
Really? You don't happen to have a reference to where he say that do you? I don't remember reading it but I try and keep an eye on everything he says.
http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=3945

Quote:
TFormers: The Transformers: Alternators line has many auto licenses secured for the TF brand. Are these same licenses being explored for the movie, and if so, could we expect to see some of the Alternator designs in the movie. As you have previously stated auto licenses are being explored for alt. modes?

Don: YES. YES. YES.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 02:56 PM   #44
JDandCoke7
Micromaster

Cambridgeshire, UK
Default Ratchet vs Inferno

After reading a hell of a lot of threads on this argument on the other board, Im wondering about the location of a lot of posters.

For a US market having a medic as a fire truck is kinda plausible as I think I'm right in saying a lot of fire crews also provide first-line medical assistance. However, over here in the UK we have seperated roles for the fire and ambulance services. The fact they want to change his alt mode would also suggest that they have plans for Ironhide but not Inferno to appear at some point in the series and they're moving Ratchets alt mode to prevent the clash with Ironhide.

Oh and as for the comments about more than two alt modes and the subsequent comment about NO triple changers? Has no-one seriously not considered the possibility that he was referring to Cybertron AND Earth alts for the characters to be seen?!?

Any thoughts?

JD

JDandCoke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 11:43 PM   #45
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone
Default Re: Ratchet vs Inferno

Quoth JDandCoke7:
For a US market having a medic as a fire truck is kinda plausible as I think I'm right in saying a lot of fire crews also provide first-line medical assistance. However, over here in the UK we have seperated roles for the fire and ambulance services.

You're right.
US firefighters are indeed trained to provide first aid medical assistance because supplementing the medics is part of their job description. This is primarily because fire stations are better distributed than hospitals and firefighters can usually reach a scene before an ambulance can. That's why you'll see a fire engine of some sort respond to a medical emergency first, even if it's only a heart attack.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 11:53 PM   #46
JDandCoke7
Micromaster

Cambridgeshire, UK

Well, always nice to know you're right...!

JDandCoke7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:28 PM   #47
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
The problem being, however, that they're going for actual car licenses, and not many companies are going to be willing to allow them the use of a design they haven't offered in twenty years.
Well...they did make MP Prime without any trouble...

Of course it's not a detailed Mack Cruise-Liner (or was Prime a Freightliner?). Anyway...I still think it'd be nice. It's not like Mack is gonna sell any trucks from a Transformer movie anyway.

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 05:34 PM   #48
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Well...they did make MP Prime without any trouble...
Yes, but that was for the twentieth anniversary. Had it actually been part of the Alternators line, it would have to have been a current auto license.

Old 2004-12-13, 05:56 PM   #49
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Yes, but that was for the twentieth anniversary. Had it actually been part of the Alternators line, it would have to have been a current auto license.
Bummer. He's just such an iconic figure, ya know?

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 07:02 PM   #50
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Of course it's not a detailed Mack Cruise-Liner (or was Prime a Freightliner?).
It would appear so.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 07:51 PM   #51
Sixswitch
Rameses Niblik The Third, Kerplunk Kerplunk, Whoops, Where's My Thribble

Sent to outer space, to find another happy place.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros

I do find Ratchet's change to a firetruck odd since an ambulance does make more sense for a medic, but it doesn't bother me and knowing that somewhere some pyschopathic pervert is freaking out over it makes it worthwhile.
She should be happy. He has a longer hosepipe now... Urgh, urgh, urgh...

I slay me.

-Ss

Sixswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 11:56 AM   #52
Ghirox

Default Re: Ratchet vs Inferno

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JDandCoke7
After reading a hell of a lot of threads on this argument on the other board, Im wondering about the location of a lot of posters.

For a US market having a medic as a fire truck is kinda plausible as I think I'm right in saying a lot of fire crews also provide first-line medical assistance. However, over here in the UK we have seperated roles for the fire and ambulance services. The fact they want to change his alt mode would also suggest that they have plans for Ironhide but not Inferno to appear at some point in the series and they're moving Ratchets alt mode to prevent the clash with Ironhide.
[QUOTE]

... could be .... but difficult to explain to non-US audience, that live in county that have different role for rescue and fire crew ...

Quote:
Oh and as for the comments about more than two alt modes and the subsequent comment about NO triple changers? Has no-one seriously not considered the possibility that he was referring to Cybertron AND Earth alts for the characters to be seen?!?

Any thoughts?

JD
Why theyr cybertronian alt-mode must be identical to the earth-inspired alt mode? For example, a car could be a Subaru Impreza on earth (--- Alternator), but there is no explaination to a cybertronian Subaru ...

Old 2004-12-14, 12:02 PM   #53
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure
Default Re: Re: Ratchet vs Inferno

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
Why theyr cybertronian alt-mode must be identical to the earth-inspired alt mode? For example, a car could be a Subaru Impreza on earth (--- Alternator), but there is no explaination to a cybertronian Subaru ...
Stands to reason that their Cybertronian alt-mode wouldnt be a recognisable earth form when you think about, so there would be no queries about why some of them have ford mustang badges while on Cybertron. Youve gotta remember that the Ark reconfigures their alt modes after they ditch on earth and they dont arrive pre-formatted...like a floppy disk!

AutobotJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 03:59 PM   #54
Ghirox

Default clarification

Quote:
Originally posted by AutobotJazz
Stands to reason that their Cybertronian alt-mode wouldnt be a recognisable earth form when you think about, so there would be no queries about why some of them have ford mustang badges while on Cybertron. Youve gotta remember that the Ark reconfigures their alt modes after they ditch on earth and they dont arrive pre-formatted...like a floppy disk!
So they will have 3 different mode: robot, cybertronian (different from the one that the ark choice on earth) and an earth-based one .... but if we would not to refer Don's statement to the triple charger (see what posted by JDandCoke7 ... and quoted) there is a question: what is Don's point? no triple chargers, no cybertronian alt form (in the movie) or something else?
I seriously doubt that a Ford Mustang (or a T-Rex) could fit as a cybertronian alt form ... because there aren't Ford Mustang or T-Rex on Cybertron!!!

Old 2004-12-15, 04:31 PM   #55
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location
Wink Re: clarification

Quote:
because there aren't Ford Mustang or T-Rex on Cybertron!!!
That you know of...

Old 2004-12-15, 10:08 PM   #56
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure
Default Read it properly

Quote:
because there aren't Ford Mustang or T-Rex on Cybertron!!!
That was my point true beleiver (sorry). Here are my points;
1 - No triple changers. Too soon.
2 - Exepct for one or two examples i dont think we will any cybertronian alt modes. Maybe one or two like Jazz n WheelJack in the orginal cartoon.
3 - Of course theres are no ford mustangs on Cybertron...theyve long since evolved past the need for mustle cars, which is a shame coz the new mustang is a beauty....(rambles for hours)

My orginal point was that when on cybertron they would be distinctly different than when they are on earth. NO BRANDS?

Old 2004-12-16, 12:36 PM   #57
Ghirox

Default Re: Read it properly

Quote:
Originally posted by AutobotJazz
My orginal point was that when on cybertron they would be distinctly different than when they are on earth. NO BRANDS?
In the Armada series, it appear that Sparklug is different from his earth form: no wheels, but a sort of floating car

In a Marvel G1, Optimus is not a truck with trailer, but a sort of red "cab", without the "blue" section, and his cannon mounted over the cab ... no trailer ...

It appear that their "cybertronian" form is about the same of the "earth" form, only a bit "futuristic"

Old 2004-12-16, 02:34 PM   #58
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure
Default Re: Re: Read it properly

Quote:
In a Marvel G1, Optimus is not a truck with trailer, but a sort of red "cab", without the "blue" section, and his cannon mounted over the cab ... no trailer ...

It appear that their "cybertronian" form is about the same of the "earth" form, only a bit "futuristic"
Thats only because the marvel designers lacked any kind of intelligence when it came to the fleeting views of the TF Cybertronian alt modes. You have to look at the War Within series for an idea of what they'd look like...totally different from any thing you will ever see in real life. They dont need to be futuristic they need to different altogether!

Old 2004-12-17, 12:25 PM   #59
Ghirox

Different or futuristic - this is not the real point

the point is that seems that their cybertronian alt will not appear in the movie because Don's statement was No more than 2 different mode, and if we suppose that this is not referred to the triple changers ....

Old 2004-12-17, 03:16 PM   #60
P0P007

When does this movie suppose to come out????

P0P007 is offline   Reply With Quote