• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-01-04, 08:12 PM   #21
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

The optimist in me hopes it's a fake, which really wouldn't be that hard to compose given DW's routine style for writing press releases.

The pessimist is pissed that their sucking their own dicks to the end and that Pat Lee's probably going to make it out of this ok while a lot of their other, actually talented artists don't. Pat and Jae Lee are the only two DW artists I can't stand, and while Jae just wasn't good for showing action in his comic, at least he didn't go on and on about how f*cking great he was.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 08:28 PM   #22
KingMob
Micromaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Incidentally, Ben has noted that the release came unsigned from an AOL account... I doubt it's a hoax though, frankly. If it is one, it's a superb imitation of the DW press-release style.
And Roger Lee uses an AOL address for some business purposes, at least.

Newsarama's report has a couple of bits that caught my eye;
Quote:
Newsarama Note: Dreamwave's claim of being the "Canadian independent comics publisher" is somewhat misleading, as Arcana, UDON, and the recently launched Speakeasy are all headquartered in Canada.
Spin, spin, sugah.

And if you scroll down, Rich Johnston posted links to all his stories about DW hitting the rocks; they go back as far as October 2003.

KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 08:45 PM   #23
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

People at 2005 suggested that with the loss of the dreamwaveprod.ca address, they can't use it for e-mails any longer...

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 08:57 PM   #24
KingMob
Micromaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
People at 2005 suggested that with the loss of the dreamwaveprod.ca address, they can't use it for e-mails any longer...
That makes sense. And the new dreamengine site was registered by Roger Lee using an AOL account (as was the old DW one).

Additionally, from the way Joe Ng has spoken, he at least is under the impression that this is all legit.

KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 09:00 PM   #25
Blacknife

NE

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Or receive any e-mails for that matter.

Blacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 10:14 PM   #26
Screamwaves7

Unhappy

This royally sucks. I really liked the way that they were handeling the G1 story. And I was really looking forward to the new Beast Wars series.

But I hear that other comic book companies may take up the ongoing G1, and Energon titles, as well as the Beast Wars series.

Everyone remember, "Death is not the end."

Old 2005-01-04, 10:37 PM   #27
Son of Carnivac

Ireland
Default Robbed!

You B*st*rds did it on purpose now I'll never get to see the Cosmos and Skylynx adventure/love story.

Except in my mind.

"Nice boosters, Rocket Chicken!"

Son of Carnivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 12:40 AM   #28
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

I'm especially snarked that we won't get the Energon More Than Meets The Eye or the updates for the G1 version.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 12:55 AM   #29
Cassettacon 27

With Soundwave and the rest of the Cassettacons

Well, my sources say that they DO have the next issue of Energon penciled, inked, and colored. Only now they can't distribute it.

But like Screamwaves7 said, someone will probably pick up the comic series.:\

Cassettacon 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:06 AM   #30
Jetfire426
Gestalt

Damn that sucks..

Jetfire426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 02:21 AM   #31
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Thumbs up Re: Robbed!

Quote:
Originally posted by Son of Carnivac
You B*st*rds did it on purpose now I'll never get to see the Cosmos and Skylynx adventure/love story.

Except in my mind.

"Nice boosters, Rocket Chicken!"
I like your style. Whoever picks up the TF franchise better hire this kid. It'd prolly be about 10x better than anything they've come up with.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 09:08 AM   #32
Seerus Nalaius
Headmaster

IN SPACE!

I would hope they do finish Energon, its actaully pretty good. Another sad, yet off-topic note, I'll never see the Megaman X comics they were supposed to release.

Seerus Nalaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 10:46 AM   #33
Skystream

Meh. So Dreamwave are dead in the water. I have mixed feelings about this- on one hand, I have my reservations about DW in general and what they did with their comics. But at the same time, they do have a few good points. I was rather looking forward to upcoming BW series, too.

Blargie.

Skystream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 11:07 AM   #34
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

eh it is very sad, i was talking to Josh B. (colourist on TWW AOW) and he tells me that many many people didnt get paid for ages, ranging from Don to him and everyone in between.

heh, yeah even in death theyre having a mass wankathon

"Established in 1996 by brothers Pat and Roger Lee, Dreamwave infused a stagnant comic book market with art and design that effortlessly combined the then dominant “American” art style with the newly emerging Japanese “Manga” art style. Since then, the company had grown to become one of the comic book industry’s premiere publishers, producing a variety of original titles. "

hmm ok, then how about you f*ck off, producing a variety of original titles? yeah they did have original titles when they started, and as far as i can remember Darkminds was pretty darn popular, but they put all their own titles on hold for friggin property licenses... why!?

i was saying to Josh that its pretty sad, businesses fail thats a fact, its no ones fault apart from Pat, Roger (and a few people we dont know), but all the artists and everything, the majority are huge fans of transformers, and to have to work on a project you adore with such negativity as not being paid and possibly unemployment hanging over your head is disasterous.

I also said that as a double edged sword it may see don return to the fandom, posting art on allspark and 2005 again, and josh said don had told him he was taking 'semi-retirement'

in closing

"President of Dreamwave Productions, Pat Lee stated “there are a number of reasons for my decision to close Dreamwave”, citing that “the shrinking comic book market combined with a weak U.S. dollar and unsustainable monetary commitments has finally proven to be too financially taxing.”"

how about you damn well take responsibility and stop blaming other people.

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-05, 01:32 PM   #35
Ghirox

As stated before ......

I Hope Marvel will claim back his old role, letting TF artist of DW work, create decent stories and receive their 30 money .....

Pat Lee, your Darkminds was wonderful, but your work on TF is sh**

Old 2005-01-06, 03:10 AM   #36
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Quoth CounterPunch:
"President of Dreamwave Productions, Pat Lee stated “there are a number of reasons for my decision to close Dreamwave”, citing that “the shrinking comic book market combined with a weak U.S. dollar and unsustainable monetary commitments has finally proven to be too financially taxing.”"

how about you damn well take responsibility and stop blaming other people.

You make him sound like a politician...

politician, n. A criminal who wants to be famous.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-06, 09:55 AM   #37
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...threadid=28164

Last edited by Nevermore; 2005-01-06 at 10:03 AM.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-06, 11:26 AM   #38
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Good to see DW continued their insanely deluded press releases right up to the end (how much good will did they piss away with those things over the years?) Quite sad that we'll probably be geting a reboot with the new publisher (though all we'll be missing from the main G1 comic is the rapid two issue wrap up of all the Brad Mick plots before Chris started doing his own thing), and an equal shame that the companies few real discoveries will most likely be put off TF's for life...

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-07, 10:24 AM   #39
Iambob13

17th Centruy Japan
Unhappy

I was just wondering what the last comics actually published and shipped from Dreamwave were? Did Ongoing #11 come out? How far did WW vol3 get? And what about The divided front mini?

'Tis a sad day for TransFans. At least DreamWave ended on a good note with the MicroMasters mini... wait a second... that mini SUCKED! I'm going off to cry in the corner now.

Iambob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-07, 01:00 PM   #40
tophat

Default energon

doesn't Energon suck?