The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-01-11, 02:45 PM   #21
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadstripe
Transformers in the DCU would be fine if it were an "Elseworlds" type mini-series, a 'what if the Transformers existed in the DC Universe'-type thing outside of what passes for a main continuity in both franchises.
Could be, as a Special Project, once and no more... But the point is that the TF don't really need to enter an Universe, being Marvel or DC, because they share their own Universe with GIJOE (i suppose that TF/GIJOE could be considered part of the regular TF continuity, or not?).
Enter the DC Universe will mean that Batman, Superman or other DC characters will appaer regularly in TF comics?
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 02:56 PM   #22
Prime Maximus
Registered User
 
Prime Maximus's Avatar
 
505
Default

Who ever picks up the license needs to have stability and enough resources to put out a successful comic line for the TF's. If in fact its DC, then I just hope we don't crazy crossover titles or crossover episodes/issues.

I don't want to see a Bumblebee/Robin team up, its too out of whack for me.

Who ever picks it up needs the TF in their own universe, no crossoevers as I said before.

I do also hope someone continues where DW left off.
 
Prime Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 03:54 PM   #23
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus
 
Cyberstrike nTo's Avatar
 
In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis
Default

The Transformers in the DCU?
No way would I support that!

The DCU is complex enough as is throwing the Tfs into the mix with their complex history would make next to impossible to understand.
 
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 04:33 PM   #24
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
Could be, as a Special Project, once and no more... But the point is that the TF don't really need to enter an Universe, being Marvel or DC, because they share their own Universe with GIJOE (i suppose that TF/GIJOE could be considered part of the regular TF continuity, or not?).
Enter the DC Universe will mean that Batman, Superman or other DC characters will appaer regularly in TF comics?
Don't forget Battlebeasts. They seem to share that on as well.
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 07:22 PM   #25
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadstripe
However, the Transformers version of the Savage Land was reused later on in the UK series in a story that ended with the dying Snarl's mind patterns/spark housed in the body of a real stegosaur - a bizarre and not very palatable twist ending in my opinion.
As well as that annual story (which may not be cannon- Cliffy should be able to confirm/deny that), there were other Marvel Universe stuff in the UK comic. Most noticiable was Deaths Head (whose presence puts the comic in the Doctor Who comic universe as well), plus the company Proffesor Morris worked for was aparently from the Iron Man comic... Also, in US 50 Starscream claims to channel the "Power cosmic" as well.
 
inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 08:54 PM   #26
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!
 
Wildrider's Avatar
 
Sneaking out the back door since 1978
Default Educate Me!

I'm aware of DC due to their characters saturation of pop culture, but Devil's Due? I'm a comic novice really, is this a good thing or a bad thing for TF I get the impression from other peoples' posts that it could be a good thing? What else have they done?

"You've gotta treat him like a mushroom."
" Like a mushroom?"
"Yeah y'know keep him in the dark, feed him on sh*t"
 
Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 09:15 PM   #27
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus
 
Cyberstrike nTo's Avatar
 
In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis
Default Re: Educate Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildrider
I'm aware of DC due to their characters saturation of pop culture, but Devil's Due? I'm a comic novice really, is this a good thing or a bad thing for TF I get the impression from other peoples' posts that it could be a good thing? What else have they done?

"You've gotta treat him like a mushroom."
" Like a mushroom?"
"Yeah y'know keep him in the dark, feed him on sh*t"
Devil's Due Publishing (or DDP for short) is mostly known for the new G.I. Joe series.
They also publish:
Voltron: Defender of the Universe
Cosmic Guard
Street Fighter
Darkstalkers
Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes
Breakdown
Misplaced
and many more!
You should check out www.devilsdue.net for all the other stuff that release and help to release.
 

Last edited by Cyberstrike nTo; 2005-01-11 at 09:19 PM.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 09:23 PM   #28
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
Really? I hadn't heard about that (it's one of the few Marvel issues I have). How'd they remove it?
IIRC, a letters page in a later issues basically said "Ignore the Spider-Man cameo!"
 
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 09:25 PM   #29
Wildrider
Death blossom deployed!
 
Wildrider's Avatar
 
Sneaking out the back door since 1978
Default

G.I Joe? You mean Action Force? "The greatest heroes of them all

Does that mean they were directly tied into DW's crossover series or was it a case of we wont step into your universe if you don't step into mine. I never liked G.I. Joe much, but then I haven't read much which makes me kinda ignorant of it all.

Is that german chemical engineer Airwave still in it? I think I still have his action figure, Beachhead too he was the bees knees, bit grouchy though.
 
Wildrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 09:26 PM   #30
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
IIRC, a letters page in a later issues basically said "Ignore the Spider-Man cameo!"
HA! So I guess Gears did it all on his own...somehow.
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 09:39 PM   #31
Ultimate Weapon
Banned
 
Ultimate Weapon's Avatar
 
The End of Time
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
HA! So I guess Gears did it all on his own...somehow.
With a little help from psilocybin.
 
Ultimate Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-12, 09:43 AM   #32
Ozz
One with the Matrix
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
As well as that annual story (which may not be cannon- Cliffy should be able to confirm/deny that)
It's part of Earthforce stories, which itself may be contradicting main comic continuity, but is canon canon nonetheless.
 
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-13, 01:39 PM   #33
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
It's part of Earthforce stories, which itself may be contradicting main comic continuity, but is canon canon nonetheless.
Ahhhh, I keep making the same mistake no matter how many times it's pointed out... Truely I am a fool.
 
inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-13, 09:18 PM   #34
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door
 
Cliffjumper's Avatar
 
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
IIRC, a letters page in a later issues basically said "Ignore the Spider-Man cameo!"
Marvel letters pages said a lot of things.

Of course, there's only ever been one variant on the Marvel universe, so obviously the Spider-Man thing didn't happen. There's no way it's some parallel universe to the regular MU or something because that would just be ****ing crazy, so let's just be all rational and close our eyes when we read Prisoner of War.




Am I unusually sharp, or are lots of people blunt? Discus. Like a clay pidgeon Greeks throw.
 
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-14, 12:12 AM   #35
Sixswitch
Rameses Niblik The Third, Kerplunk Kerplunk, Whoops, Where's My Thribble
 
Sixswitch's Avatar
 
Sent to outer space, to find another happy place.
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper

Am I unusually sharp, or are lots of people blunt? Discus. Like a clay pidgeon Greeks throw.
You're looking at yourself through rose tinted specs.

No I don't have anything useful to contribute to this conversation.

-Ss
 
Sixswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-14, 12:16 AM   #36
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Marvel letters pages said a lot of things.

Of course, there's only ever been one variant on the Marvel universe, so obviously the Spider-Man thing didn't happen. There's no way it's some parallel universe to the regular MU or something because that would just be ****ing crazy, so let's just be all rational and close our eyes when we read Prisoner of War.




Am I unusually sharp, or are lots of people blunt? Discus. Like a clay pidgeon Greeks throw.
Well, now I'm all confused.

Meh, I never had a problem thinking they existed in the same universe as Spider-Man and GI Joe. I'll just go on thinken that until I learn how to read.
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-17, 03:01 PM   #37
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
Well, now I'm all confused.

Meh, I never had a problem thinking they existed in the same universe as Spider-Man and GI Joe. I'll just go on thinken that until I learn how to read.
they don't exist in the Marvel universe, simply SpiderMan appear in one of the first eps (as usual for some new comics, a well knowed character appear to appeal the fans) ... but now DC want to integrate TF in his Universe, and the different approach is my real point
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-17, 04:56 PM   #38
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
they don't exist in the Marvel universe, simply SpiderMan appear in one of the first eps (as usual for some new comics, a well knowed character appear to appeal the fans) ... but now DC want to integrate TF in his Universe, and the different approach is my real point
Well, I know they don't exist in the proper Marvel Universe. I was thinking more like a parallel Marvel Universe where certain elements (like Shield, the Savage Land and Spider-Man) exist side by side.

And I think if DC does actually pick them up they'll keep em out of the regular DCU except for the occasional crossover. I mean, just look at the new Space Ghost comic. I don't think Space Ghost is going to be teaming up with any Green Lanterns any time soon.
 
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 11:03 AM   #39
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
Well, I know they don't exist in the proper Marvel Universe. I was thinking more like a parallel Marvel Universe where certain elements (like Shield, the Savage Land and Spider-Man) exist side by side.

And I think if DC does actually pick them up they'll keep em out of the regular DCU except for the occasional crossover. I mean, just look at the new Space Ghost comic. I don't think Space Ghost is going to be teaming up with any Green Lanterns any time soon.
Now DD have the license ... they will stay in the Joe's Universe ... this look correct to me
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 11:40 AM   #40
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
Now DD have the license ... they will stay in the Joe's Universe ... this look correct to me
Neither of those rumors have been confirmed by a credible source so far.
 
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.