• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-01-15, 01:44 PM   #21
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by dedicon
The sole fact this toy is reported huge,and if the scale will stay as it is, this will be bigger than Fort max.
The drop-test has nothing to do with the size of a toy. It has more to do with the weight/fragility of the toy.

Just because the Fortress Maximus design would fail (due to the fact that it has the ability to crush small animals) doesn't mean that anything larger would.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 01:49 PM   #22
the_escaflowne_2k
Gestalt

Under a cloud, no atlas though [Manchester].

I think this is what B-Max was reffering to. In saying that it is the bog standard starscream mould for galaxy force.

Quote:
bwtf.com
Final Thoughts:
Starscream is one fantastic Transformer. He has a fantastic source design, which the toy designers worked hard to be faithful to, while adding great touches of their own. He looks sleek, tough and like a true authority figure in his own right. The rumor mill is currently saying that the US "Cybertron" version of Starscream will be much bigger (potentially ultra or larger sized) so if you want a smaller version, this may be your best bet. Highly recommended.
Haven't heard those rumours myself though.

On topic i don't see how it could be a MP model with out a drastic increase in detail, especially as its based in GF starscream and the MP series is based on the older series and is primarilly aimed towards the nostalgia market. I't would be nice to see how it compares in size to machine wars starscream (as that was pretty darn big to) though.

Last edited by the_escaflowne_2k; 2005-01-15 at 02:03 PM.
the_escaflowne_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 02:38 PM   #23
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k
Haven't heard those rumours myself though.
Those "rumors" would be the giant Starscream test shot we're talking about... Ben never officially talks about those leaked things before the actual items are released, you know.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 03:54 PM   #24
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k
the MP series
What 'series'—Prime and a recolour?

Sounds as though Ben has the inside track as usual, though. Hmm... I do prefer smaller, and fark knows what Hasbro UK are playing at right now, so import may be good.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 04:32 PM   #25
the_escaflowne_2k
Gestalt

Under a cloud, no atlas though [Manchester].

I'm calling it the MP series because im assuming/hoping that over time there will be a slightly increased range then just prime and magnus (hopefully not just recolours).

the_escaflowne_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 05:04 PM   #26
Tempest
Banned

Mandurah, Australia.
Lightbulb

I wouldn't bet on a 'Masterpiece' series. Thats what Binaltech/Altenators are for. With the added 1:24 scale which might go out the window with the new jets rumour.

With this Starscream, and the idea it might be based on War Within, does anyone get a sneaking suspsion this might have anything at all to do with that custom built prime that showed up a while back. And this is just ... ehh ... a remould of a figure as a tease to fanboys everywhere. Hell I could be blowing smoke out my rear end but eh, people can dream.

And has anyone thought that this could be the US version, and that the GF Starcream is different from the Cybertron Starscream mould? If so, will it happen with other Cybertron moulds ...

Last edited by Tempest; 2005-01-15 at 05:59 PM.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 05:56 PM   #27
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Unless the mold undergoes many, many severe changes, there's no way this is going to me a MP or Binaltech/Alternator figure. The detail's just not there and it doesn't appear to have a whole lot of articulation.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 06:18 PM   #28
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

There are rumors at 2005 that Hasbro/Archer hinted an "unexpected" Supreme toy in the near future...

Old 2005-01-15, 06:27 PM   #29
Tempest
Banned

Mandurah, Australia.

I would have to agree with Auros. 'IF' it was to be a supreme toy then it would at least have fingers that move freely. Thats just a small thing. If you were going to shovel out $50 - $100 for a transformer, your going to have to make some pretty nifty stuff in their. I mean, I was peeved when Unicron kept firing at my eye but when I look at it it had all these coll little secret features. What has this got? A crown and an extra blade and a shorter cockpit.

I say they should do a Basebot if they do a 'supreme' ... but thats just me ...

Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 08:06 PM   #30
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest
the GF Starcream is different from the Cybertron Starscream mould? If so, will it happen with other Cybertron moulds ...
If so, Hasbro is gambling on an improved US economy.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-15, 08:31 PM   #31
B-Max

Talking

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by B-Max
This is none other than Galaxy Force Starscream.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you read any of the thread?

It isn't the same toy—it has mould changes, and is apparently much larger.

quote:
based on Don Figueroa's War Within design featured in the Dreamwave comic.

Quick aren't you?

That's a little mean-spirited, isn't it?

I didn't say those things because I thought I was imparting some unfound wisdom, I said it to express my enthusiasm and to make sure it was mentioned.
If you didn't notice (Did you read any of this thread?), Noone but me in this thread mentioned the GF/WW link.

Someone tripping across this thread (casual fans perhaps) might not have picked up on it.

Still, I'm sure you meant it all in good humour and I will share a chuckle with you. We are family, after all.

Back on Topic:

The "mould changes" as you call them, feature a *lack* of detail compared to the smaller toy I referenced. This looks like a recast of an early development test, if not the test item itself.
Toys are often sculpted much larger than the size in which they are released while the creators work out the mechanics.
It's the same toy, just bigger and less defined. (with a few extra features (such as the crown) that may or may not make the final release.

No, I'm not quick. I'm pretty slow, to be perfectly honest.

Good times, bro.

Old 2005-01-15, 09:50 PM   #32
B-Max

Red face

I apologize to all for the size of that post. I'm still learning the ins and outs of this forum. I'll be more concise with everything in the future, I promise.

Like I said... I'm slow... plus I'm a dumb newbie to the forum.

My apologies.

Old 2005-01-15, 10:19 PM   #33
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
If you didn't notice (Did you read any of this thread?), Noone but me in this thread mentioned the GF/WW link.
The fact that Galaxy Force Starscream's design is based on War Within Starscream is a well-known fact since the day the first magazine scans depicting GF Screamer surfaced. So the sole reason you were the only one pointing out the connection was that averyone else was already aware of it.

Old 2005-01-16, 01:07 AM   #34
B-Max

Unhappy

I'm not gonna be a troll and argue my points until everyone is sick of me. If you read my posts, the very facts you are calling me on are covered.

I'm sorry I opened my big mouth in the first place. I didn't post here because I want to fight. I wanted to geek out about awesome Transformers toys.

I will now convert back to Lurker Mode.

What a welcome!

Old 2005-01-16, 02:23 AM   #35
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Exclamation

Quote:
I'm not gonna be a troll and argue my points until everyone is sick of me. If you read my posts, the very facts you are calling me on are covered.

I'm sorry I opened my big mouth in the first place. I didn't post here because I want to fight. I wanted to geek out about awesome Transformers toys.

I will now convert back to Lurker Mode.

What a welcome!
I wouldn't worry about it. Their salvating like dogs about any new information on the thing, so expect them to be snappy if they feel let down

Seriously though, is an upsized version really that strange a concept to everyone else? They did the same thing with energon megatron just a year ago.

The only thing that would surprise me is if hasbro tried it again with an even more expensive price bracket, considering what a shelf-warmer megatron was.

Oh, and welcome

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-16, 03:31 AM   #36
B-Max

Quote:
Originally posted by Clay
I wouldn't worry about it. Their salvating like dogs about any new information on the thing, so expect them to be snappy if they feel let down

Seriously though, is an upsized version really that strange a concept to everyone else? They did the same thing with energon megatron just a year ago.

The only thing that would surprise me is if hasbro tried it again with an even more expensive price bracket, considering what a shelf-warmer megatron was.

Oh, and welcome
Thank you Clay. That was very prime of you.

Old 2005-01-16, 04:34 AM   #37
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

What is old news to us may not be to some, so we really should be more accommodating to newbies. B-Max, I suggest you check out the FAQ in the Toys forum and it wouldn't help to peruse this forum to bone up on up-to-date news since Nevermore's doing a bang-up job keeping us all current.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-19, 12:26 PM   #38
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

It's been confirmed now:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread66049.html

Old 2005-01-19, 08:18 PM   #39
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
It's been confirmed now:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread66049.html
So...the logic is something like this: take a mega-sized figure that everyone in the fandom, plus lots of little kids, would have bought. Turn it into a sub-par Supreme figure. Hope that it won't be warming the shelves for the next two years, despite the fact that both Unicron and Omega (both far better figures than this oversized Starscream) have been clearanced at very low prices.

Brilliant.

Last edited by Warcry; 2005-01-19 at 08:23 PM.
Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-19, 08:27 PM   #40
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Wink

They wouldn't be hasbro if they weren't doing something self-destructive . . . I predict that this'll be taking up space, so that new stuff can't be released.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote