• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-01-19, 08:54 PM   #41
dedicon
Gestalt

israel

Maybe,hopefully,they will make this fit the storyline. Like out of all the outcomings, Starscream got to Planet force before anyone else and got his wish(whatever it is).

This sounds very Underbase Furmanish,i know(or was it Bobish? I can't remember when they got switched).

Seems like the scheaming Starscream is back for GF/Cybertron BTW.

dedicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-19, 09:16 PM   #42
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by dedicon
This sounds very Underbase Furmanish,i know(or was it Bobish? I can't remember when they got switched).
Furman took over five or six issues after "Underbase".

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-19, 09:59 PM   #43
dedicon
Gestalt

israel

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Furman took over five or six issues after "Underbase".
K,thanks dude.

dedicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-19, 10:22 PM   #44
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Yeah, underbase was definitely my first thought when I heard about freakin' huge Starscream (that's what I'm calling this toy ).

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-19, 10:30 PM   #45
uberhunt

im lost...go away!
Exclamation

Bigger than unicron!...I dont believe it.
I bet it is no bigger than a foot tall max.
why purple ? I have a purple one (that I play with a lot) (its the one with the big b-2 bot with stickers that say" for starscrem"-cant they spell starscream) its fun but I like the red starscream ...I have 3 different red ones and 1 purple ...when I get mine im gonna repaint it.
finally he is a king....he deserves it until he eventually has a "starscream pulled on him" by a starscream from another universe who wants to be "king"-eureka--eat your heart out takara.

uberhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-20, 02:11 AM   #46
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by B-Max
That's a little mean-spirited, isn't it?
I tend to be when people don't read things. In this case, it was confirmed it isn't Galaxy Force Starscream but a different mould, with accompanying photograph and helpful diagrams.

The second comment was perhaps a touch waspish, but War Within has been published for two and half series since 2002.

Quote:
Originally posted by Warcry
So...the logic is something like this: take a mega-sized figure that everyone in the fandom, plus lots of little kids, would have bought. Turn it into a sub-par Supreme figure.
My sentiments exactly. Rather than sell in bulk a cool figure, they'll only sell a few. We can only hope that the smaller price point design will be imported as well—after all, they did this for Prime in Armada, and again for figures in Energon.

Still seems stupid. Massive figures don't sell well; or perhaps they do—to stores, at least. The stores are then stuck with unsold stock, and less inclined to order figures from that manufacturer. As you say: brilliant. And really f*cking short-sighted business.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-20, 04:39 AM   #47
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
My sentiments exactly. Rather than sell in bulk a cool figure, they'll only sell a few. We can only hope that the smaller price point design will be imported as well—after all, they did this for Prime in Armada, and again for figures in Energon.
Oh, I'm fairly certain they will sell the Mega pricepoint version. Even if they don't have any plans to...given the general uproar, they'll probably realize that it would be a good idea. I'm fairly certain we'll see him from Hasbro eventually.

But then, that's not the point...

Quote:
Still seems stupid. Massive figures don't sell well; or perhaps they do—to stores, at least. The stores are then stuck with unsold stock, and less inclined to order figures from that manufacturer. As you say: brilliant. And really f*cking short-sighted business.
...this is.

Unicron and Omega, two very impressive-looking Supreme figures, are still warming shelves around here. This Starscream abomination is only going to make things worse. And while I don't care overmuch if my local TRUs fill up shelf space with Supremes (since they set aside space for them from the beginning), places like Wal-Mart, Superstore or Zellers have a lot less room for toys; two or three Supreme Starscreams gathering dust on the shelf are going to eat up a lot of space that would otherwise be filled with Megas, Ultras, or even toys from other toylines...stuff that would sell.

Of course, that won't be too much of a problem around here; TRU is more or less the only place that bothers to stock Supreme-class figures anymore. If Starscream flops like I imagine it will, it could be the end of the size range.

As an aside, am I the only one wondering why they aren't using the Supreme range to put out figures with base modes? You know, something that the rest of the line could actually interact with?

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-20, 10:09 AM   #48
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure

Quote:

As an aside, am I the only one wondering why they aren't using the Supreme range to put out figures with base modes? You know, something that the rest of the line could actually interact with?
What the line needs is something like a Galaxy Force/Cybertron Metroplex...imagine the gimmicks they could work into it. Though I'm not sure if the name Metroplex is still copyrighted by Hasbro?

AutobotJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-20, 01:39 PM   #49
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by AutobotJazz
Though I'm not sure if the name Metroplex is still copyrighted by Hasbro?
You can't "copyright" a name. Otherwise, any time someone mentioned that name, he would commit copyright infringement.

However, Hasbro last used the "Metroplex" trademark for Heroes of Cybertron.

The online database of the United States Patent and Trademark Office is listing it as "live", though Hasbro haven't used it in a long time (one might assume HoC statues are a different field from "toys"?).

Old 2005-01-20, 02:01 PM   #50
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
am I the only one wondering why they aren't using the Supreme range to put out figures with base modes? You know, something that the rest of the line could actually interact with?
I think this may be one of those "Silence, infidel! Romper suits for Prime are in fashion, and we intend to push the bulky leader figure of our line no matter what!" questions.

Seriously, a lot of eggs are in one basket by selling so many other large items that require (or work principally with) Energon Prime. The smaller duo-combiners are interchangeable, and that's a mild selling point, but I'd also think that a base for them would be appropriate for a playset price point.

Damn limited-catchment consumer focus groups, eh?

Old 2005-01-20, 03:00 PM   #51
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
You can't "copyright" a name. Otherwise, any time someone mentioned that name, he would commit copyright infringement.

However, Hasbro last used the "Metroplex" trademark for Heroes of Cybertron.

Ah...my mistake..atleast you knew what I meant.

AutobotJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-20, 08:54 PM   #52
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
I think this may be one of those "Silence, infidel! Romper suits for Prime are in fashion, and we intend to push the bulky leader figure of our line no matter what!" questions.
At which point I wonder what kind of parents they've surveyed to get the idea that that's going to help sell stuff.

I mean, honestly...how many kids get more than two or three big toys in a year? I certainly didn't back in the eighties. My friends and similar-aged cousins didn't, either. We got one for Christmas, one for our birthdays, and maybe one more during the year if we were good; and those toys came from more than one toyline, not just TFs. My younger cousins, my niece and my friends' kids...same thing, nowadays.

So really...how many kids do they expect to get a Armada Prime/Jetfire/Overload or an Energon Prime/Omega/Wing Sabre set?

Fans would buy it, sure. But most of those that would, would do so even if there was no combining involved.
</rant>

Quote:
Seriously, a lot of eggs are in one basket by selling so many other large items that require (or work principally with) Energon Prime. The smaller duo-combiners are interchangeable, and that's a mild selling point, but I'd also think that a base for them would be appropriate for a playset price point.
I imagine they'd scale a base for Minicons and basic figures, actually. A base for deluxe figures would be as big (if not bigger than) Fort Max to really have any scale to it. I figure we'll see one eventually (even if the base is only a third mode), if the Supreme-class lasts a few more lines.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 12:12 AM   #53
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
I imagine they'd scale a base for Minicons and basic figures
Good point... the fact that Basics and Deluxes are almost identical prices over here (~£9 versus ~£7) makes them harder to mentally compartmentalise...

I can't really imagine kids wanting the Omega Supreme bolt-on to Prime. It looks like a Duplo kit.

Old 2005-01-24, 08:00 PM   #54
Blasterpunkwave18

Question Hmm...

Is it just me,or does the crown look removable?

Old 2005-01-24, 08:13 PM   #55
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

I can't see it being moulded on, as it'd probably interfere with the transformation. Plus it could be a breaking safety hazard.

Old 2005-01-27, 11:11 PM   #56
Arcee

Germany. Status: not blonde

He won't be as big as Unicron after all:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpo...62&postcount=9

Arcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-04, 12:08 PM   #57
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

He's on eBay now...

Old 2005-02-04, 02:22 PM   #58
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Arrow

Are they using a WSTF Thrust to make him look bigger?

. . .

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2005-02-04 at 02:24 PM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 05:32 AM   #59
Bodycount
Banned

Cybertron King Starscream is a Super, not a Supreme...So he's actually about Energon Megatron's size...

Bodycount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-23, 04:04 AM   #60
ssjautobot
Powermaster

well, from looking at the pics from toy fair, it looks like its just as big as unicron

ssjautobot is offline   Reply With Quote