• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-01-21, 12:28 PM   #21
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Rumor has it that Don Figueroa signed an exclusive deal with DD...

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 02:20 PM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Hmmm. I'd say that's not necessarily TF-related... while I expect DD will get the license sooner or later, Figueroa was always likely to sign with another middle-ranking indy title, and his style would fit the GIJoe hardware and the like. Plus, is it DD who do Voltron?

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Dear God, please no more GI:Joe crossovers, they're all pants...
Amen to that. "THIS MONTH in GIJoe vs. the Transformers VIII #9 - Cobra Commander and Starscream team up because they were both voiced by Chris Latta in the 1980s, while the Autobots and Joes pair up and find out they all have the same basic personality. Back at the Pit, Josh Blaylock masturbates over Snake-Eyes' training routine"

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 04:19 PM   #23
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time

This could bring about our worst fears. Dare I say it! A G.I. Joe/Transformers monthly book. Heaven help us.

Ultimate Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 06:18 PM   #24
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

i would think DD are more intelligent than that

their GIJOE comics are (as far as i know) doing well, and are actually brilliant reads, id doubt theyd mess that up by doing a monthly joe/tf comci... or atleast i hope not

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 07:20 PM   #25
Ozz
One with the Matrix

I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch
their GIJOE comics are (as far as i know) doing well
They are cancelling both of them and starting from scratch...

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-21, 07:24 PM   #26
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
Hasn't that been debunked as a rumor, to some extent?

Old 2005-01-21, 07:59 PM   #27
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

ive only heard the ole "The joes will never be the same again" stuff, i havent heard of them cancelling and restarting, just mass changing

Old 2005-01-21, 07:59 PM   #28
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
That makes absolutely zero sense since Reloaded is already a do-over of the GI Joe mythos and has only been around for a year or so.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-22, 11:37 AM   #29
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Amen to that. "THIS MONTH in GIJoe vs. the Transformers VIII #9 - Cobra Commander and Starscream team up because they were both voiced by Chris Latta in the 1980s,
Just be grateful they don't do Star Trek comics, else they'd probably throw in the Klingon Captain and the Pakard he played on The Next Generation as well...:rolleyes:

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 04:19 PM   #30
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...g&article=2075

Quote:
MO' RO BO

But some may see this all a side project. Because Devil's Due has also landed the license to publish "Transformers" from Hasbro. The ink is dry. This is the second time they have tried for it, and Dreamwave's blunder paid off for them with Hasbro, who seems to be happy that both of their major toyline licensees will remain under one roof as they did with Marvel. It's unknown about creative teams, but the word is that Josh Blaylock will be writing the main TF book and current Joe artist Tim Seeley will be doing the art.

Old 2005-01-24, 04:36 PM   #31
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
That makes absolutely zero sense since Reloaded is already a do-over of the GI Joe mythos and has only been around for a year or so.
Quote:
MO' JOE
Some rumoured updates on last week's GO JOE story for all you GI Joe fanatics who were unable to sign up for active duty in Iraq. You know, COBRA are active there, right? That's the real reason we all invaded...

Anyway, the current "G.I. Joe" book is being cancelled at #45 - not 42 or 43. However, from issues 43-up, although Brandon Jerwa is credited as writer, publisher Josh Blaylock is guiding the series in a very hands on fashion. Which is why the books may start not resembling their solicitations quite as much...

There will be a major character death before the cancellation - a female COBRA agent.

"G.I. Joe: Reloaded" is still going to be cancelled in mid-run.

But the decision to go to a new continuity has been scrapped. The new #1 will, however, not be led by the previous continuity. The new team, led by General Rey, will be small in number and all wear standard uniforms. Joe Casey is still the writer, and artists such as Stefano Caselli, Guido Guidi and Igor Kordey are being considered.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...g&article=2075

mucho sucko man....

i might drop, might not... depends how it starts out

Old 2005-01-24, 05:46 PM   #32
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

F*ck that. If that's true then I won't be buying another issue and may resort to downloading whatever TF books DD puts out instead of handing over anymore of my money. Bad enough that they cancelled a damn miniseries partway through without telling anyone (Legend of Huma), but restarting their Joe books is just asinine.

Makes me wonder if they're running into trouble similar to MVCreations' or Dreamwave's...

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 06:08 PM   #33
Commander Shockwav
Gestalt

Virginia, USA

Josh Blaylock the writer of Transformers???

What the f***?

Suddenly, Chris Sarracini doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I think Hasbro may be looking at this as an opportunity to say, "Well, to hell with comic fans, let's gear things towards the movie". I can see the TF comic book starting much later in the year, when the story and characters for the movie are known, so that the comic can be based on that.

Is is too much to ask Hasbro to listen to the voice of the many fans who want DW's titles finished by Mick and Furman?

Commander Shockwav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 06:51 PM   #34
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
Is is too much to ask Hasbro to listen to the voice of the many fans who want DW's titles finished by Mick and Furman?
Hasbro would have to be pretty daft to tie a new publisher to continuing everything, given variable sales, etc.

Finishing up TWW3 is just a matter of three issues, so is possible, even likely. Finishing up the ongoing would be projected for a year or two.

Maybe had the series been an ongoing from the beginning (rather than one mini-series that was retconned, another that decided midway it wanted to be an ongoing, and an ongoing that wasted muchos book space on the Sunstorm subplot...) someone would be keener to continue it.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 10:25 PM   #35
Commander Shockwav
Gestalt

Virginia, USA

I think it would be possible to wrap up the ongoing in four issues or so. Granted, some minor plot elements might be left unfinished (Sixshot, Arcee, Bumper the spy, etc.) but at least the main theme of the whole thing (involving Earth, Sunstorm, Megatron's revelation's etc) could be brought to a decent conclusion. I mean, the idea of ending the series with Megatron being right about things, and Prime being the fly in the ointment to spoil it all, would be an amazing and shocking end to things. Dark, but hey, we could handle it. Four issues revealing this would suffice, IMO.

And certainly, its not too much to ask to wrap up AOW by finishing the remaining three issues. Knowing Simon, in some form, we will eventually get some closure with that.

Don has already done a lot of work on Beast Wars, but heaven knows if we shall ever see it in comic book form.

Not having a comic book publisher solely dedicated to the Transformers will take some getting used to, me thinks.

Old 2005-01-24, 10:28 PM   #36
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Not having a comic book publisher solely dedicated to the Transformers will take some getting used to, me thinks.
DW was never solely dedicated to Transformers. It's just that all of their non-licensed books failed miserably.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 10:32 PM   #37
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
DW was never solely dedicated to Transformers. It's just that all of their non-licensed books failed miserably.
I guess that's true considering the success of the Mega Man book.:rolleyes:

Ultimate Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 10:51 PM   #38
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
Ithe idea of ending the series with Megatron being right about things, and Prime being the fly in the ointment to spoil it all, would be an amazing and shocking end to things. Dark, but hey, we could handle it.
I like the way you're thinking... I'd certainly like to own the last issue of that.

Old 2005-01-25, 03:08 PM   #39
Commander Shockwav
Gestalt

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
I like the way you're thinking... I'd certainly like to own the last issue of that.
I kinda feel that was the direction the story was headed. Megatron had returned and was out to prove something that nobody else really knew about the Council.

Old 2005-01-25, 03:22 PM   #40
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Yeah, the fact there were secrets wasn't concealed much, but it'd still be a very different end of the "rise and accept your destiny" variety. It would gel with the militaristic characterisation given to Prime in Vol 1, too.