[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Image in the Sand (Carbombya)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

The Edge of the Abyss: Image in the Sand (Carbombya)

Post by Warcry »

Aboard Metrotitan, repair efforts are still underway after Soundwave's destructive betrayal. Ratbat oversees the remaining crew.

Aboard Trypticon, the Breastforce is beginning refits on the citycon.

Aboard Scorponok, Shockwave and Hatemonger prepare to lead a vicious assault on Autobase. Lord Gigatron and Cryotek (with Spinister secretly following) have already gone ahead to prepare a special portion of the attack.

Aboard the Autobot shuttle Arc Royale (unknown to the Decepticons), Optimus Prime, Hot Rod, Blaster and Scoop are heading for a Carbombyan prison to spring thier friend Marissa Fairborne.
optimusskids
Protoform

On Arc Royale

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop : watched Blasters efforts and below the top of the communications console crossed two digits
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor paced back and forth as the aerial assault assembled. He quickly took stock of the new arrivals.

Ramjet and Triggerhappy. You will join Wave 2. Now that Cryotek has been reassigned, and Overlord is otherwise occupied, we're two down. Sunstorm will lead this wave. Echoshift, you shall join me in Wave 1.

I have decided on a change of plan. Wave 2 will attack immediately after Wave 1 makes its first attack run. Hopefully this will result in more damage to Fortress Maximus quickly. Remember, aim for gun emplacements, and more specifically, Anti Aircraft defence."

"StarBlade. You have free reign to act as you please after the initial attack run. You may either stay in the air, or go to ground in search of Autobot targets."

He stopped his pacing and turned to look at his troops, fixing each in turn with a steely gaze, looking for weakness and finding none.

"This is our first major offensive against the Autobots. The aim is to cripple Metroplex, and cause severe damage to the defences of Fortress Maximus. Our target is to distract the city from the infiltrators at Metroplex."

"Windrazor to Hatemonger. I am prepared. The Aerial strike team is about to depart for Fortress Maximus."

The acting Air Commander then transformed into his jet mode, the engines rising in pitch to a whine as he powered up. He quickly switched radio channels, picking a pre-planned one that allowed simultaneous communication with all the jets in his teams.

"Decepticons, scramble."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Outside

Ramjet transformed and followed Windrazor into the sky.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Giving one final shrug, Triggerhappy transformed and followed Windrazor
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger smiled and nodded to the rather large group of assembled Decepticons in Scorpnok.

"Scropnok, lift off, we will drop a few clicks outside of the Autobot bases during the air-strike so as to not be sitting ducks when we exit." Hatemonger looked and the other Decepticons and decided to attempt to raise the troops morale.

"Now on to battle for the glory of the Decepticons!" He yelled as he waited for Scorpnok to lift off.

Quake rolled into Scorpnok and waited.

"Looks like we made it just in time." He said as his Tiptop and Heater sat on the sides of his tank form.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hatemonger's Office, Scorponok

The Citycon's voice boomed. "I have been preparing to do exactly that, General."

Scorponok activated his city-wide intercom. "All hands, prepare for transformation and liftoff."

The city's parts immediately began to shift, reconfiguring itself into scorpion mode. Scorponok planted his legs in the sand and lifted himself to his full height. Huge thruster ports in his belly ignited, pushing him off the ground and into the sky. His legs folded underneath him and his claws tucked in close to his head to reduce drag. Finally his main engines fired up, and he began to move towards Autobase.

(OOC: Any and all members of the ground force are assumed to be onboard Scorpy.)

Arc Royale

Hot Rod frowned, then decided that Blaster would know better than he what works in the communications field.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger looked at everyone on board.

"Get close to the airlocks when we get a chance to exit. We do so. Combiner teams merge as soon as you can, if you think you can do it in mid-air even better. Everyone else open fire on anything thats Autobot. Hopefully our aerial brothern will have taking out a vast majority of the Autobot air defenses. Hit them hard and fast. In fact Blitzkreig them." Hatemonger said walking down into the group of Decpeticons.

A few of the cons in the group had a surprised look on their face. This didn't bug Hatemonger at all. This was war and he would fight right along side his comrades and fall beside them if need be.

He waited, listening on his com-link to the air group flying in.
optimusskids
Protoform

Inside Scorponok

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf strapped Himself down anticipating the battle to come sharpening his sword over and over again
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Razorclaw felt Scoponok rise into the air, yet he stood perfectly still. He looked at Hun-Grr and smiled and nodded.

"It doesn't matter what counts on the outside, it what counts on the inside. If you can not win a battle with out armour then you shouldn't be in the battle. But we wear it as a precation. My breathren train and work to together, we fight together, we'd die together. Predacons for life (OOC: Couldn't resist, watched Bad Bays II not long ago)."

Razorclaw looked over his shoulder and saw Hun-Grr's troops practicing their techniques. He saw them all using their skills wisely.

"Not a bad outfit you got their, just make sure their ready and not 'Over ready'."
TERRORCONS
Protoform

Post by TERRORCONS »

Hun-Grrr listened to the Predacon commander as he cooly smiled, rubbing his chin. He did not know how exactly to approach razorclaw with the friendly challenge and time was indeed running short, so he decided to blurt it out.

HUN-GRRR: "100 energon cubes that my Terrorcons rack up more confirmed kills then your Predacons! A friendly wager between comrades!" Hun-Grrr evily grins as once again he extends his arms to the Predacon lion.

Just then, Cutthroat runs up to Hun-Grrr as if he seen a ghost, followed by Ripper snapper and Sinnertwin.

CUTTHROAT: "Raaaargggh!!! Me don't want to form Abominus! Want to have fun first!!!!"

SINNERTWIN: "Me no want to form Abominus with Blot!!! Him too filthy, blaaaaaah!!!!"

BLOT: Over hearing his Terrorcon bretheren, "Blot maaaaaaaad!!!!!!"

But just before the Terrorcons began to pounce on one another, Hun-Grrr litterally stomps his foot as during the ground rumbling echo, the Terrorcons all freeze in their tracks.

HUN-GRRR: "We will do what we must do to kill Autobots and to win battle!!!!!!" Hun-Grrrr roars as the Terrorcons become silent before Hun-Grrr. Hun-Grrr then turns his attention to Razorclaw as he cooly returns to his previous, relaxed tone.

Hun-Grrr: "Heh, heh, we Terrorcons sometimes lack the discipline common to our fellow Decepticons due to our crude, animalistic and savage programming, but what we lack in self control, we make up in Autobot casualties.

Great Galvatron, that reminds me!!! I have to see Hatemonger before the onslaught begins so he can deactivate our automatic timer! We don't want Abominus to seperate in the middle of battle! Every since we got bored one day and formed Abominus in the hanger bay, Galvatron put us on automatic timer! Only a Decepticon commander has the authorization to deactivate it! But before I see Hatemonger do we have a deal?"
"Computron think too much!!!"
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Hatemonger could hear the racket that Hun-Grr and the Terrorcons were making. He walked into the waiting area and smiled.

"Yes, I know of your automatic timer." Hatemonger scanned his databanks and saw the incident that Hun-Grr spoke of.

"Well that is a problem isn't it." He said looking at the five Terrorcons. He then took out a remote and placed it near the Hun-Grr's chest. The device glowed for a moment then beeped.

"There, that should fix that problem." For now I can disengage you rather than that unit in your chest. He then held up another unit and it did the same thing.

"Just in case, I want another commander to have a remote as well." Turning to quickly go speak with Shockwave.

He ran to Scorpnok's command deck and saw as Shockwave stood waiting for the battle to begin.

"Shockwave, the Terrorcons had a point about their automatic timer. It could be a major disadvantage in the heat of the battle to have them disengaging in the middle of the battlefield." He paused and opened up a holder in his for arm where he place his remote.

"This is a simple device, it emits the same signal that causes them to disenage. I made two devices one I will carry on the battlefield, the other I would perfer you have." He said handing out the device. He awaited Shockwave's reply.
optimusskids
Protoform

Aboard Arc Royal

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop looks like the decepti creeps are gonna be pretty thin on the ground we could do some major sabotage and rescue Melissa . A few modifications to their energon producing facilities nothing too obvious let them all recharge first bit like sugar in a gas tank

Tracer looks up from one of the intelligence files hed been scanning, the Creep stole my name , we gotta do something about that
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shockwave: -takes the spare remote-

Engineering, Trypticon:

Drillhorn: -looking at the completed reactor-

Jalgar: "Wow. It's really quiet."

Drillhorn: -sighs- "I haven't turned it on yet."

Jalgar: "Oh."
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

Echoshift followed Triggerhappy and Ramjet's examples and transformed, tailing Windrazor as the group took to the skies.
[color=000066]"Never trust a side that calls the other side evil. They're probably up to something."[/color]

"I found it through your yahoo profile. I was trying to look at a pic of you....and all I saw was this huge baddass truck." ~Zeeky
Current Cute Icon Adoptee: ImageLong Haul
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

after several long moments of silence, prime spoke up again...

"It's time. Blaster, once we're in, you know what to do. Hotrod, Scoop... get ready to move."

Prime brought the shuttle down, just 5 miles outside of the prison... having stayed low and fast, the ship was able to slip under the citycons' detection systems... the landing ramp lowered, and prime simply nodded to the others...

"Let's roll." Prime was at the bottom of the ramp before a moment passed, and in semi-rig mode, engine revving.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Scoop smoothly transformed Tracer and Holepunch assuming there attack positions rolling out close behind Optimus
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Arc Royale

Hot Rod tranformed and gunned his engine, roaring down the ramp and effortlessly passing Optimus and Scoop.
Sixswitch

The jets will move into the Autobase thread when the attack starts

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor could feel the rush of the wind sweep past his hull as he streaked through the sky. He had studied each Decepticon under his command, and was travelling now at the speed of the slowest. Despite this, sonic booms were left echoing in their wakes.

He felt a thrill of excitement at what they were about to do. It had been a while since he'd engaged in open combat, and the former Skyscorcher leader and mercenary looked forwards to it.

"Stay alert," he ordered the other jets in the team. Although I don't think we'll be intercepted, you can't be too careful."

He activated his powerful sensors, and scanned ahead. Sure enough, he detected the forms of Metroplex and Fortress Maximus right on the extreme edge of his sensor range. He knew that it was unlikely that any of the Autobots would detect them yet.

"From now on, we maintain sensor silence," he ordered.
"No one performs any long ranged scans until we're in strike range."
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime's wheels spun, and dirt and sand kicked up as his vehicle mode lurched forward, rocketing after Hotrod.

Prime opened his comm to all that were involved in the op..

"Hotrod, I'll take point and hit the gate... once it's down, you and scoop are to find marissa and give support to the EDC troops as they enter the building. Avoid engaging with the carbomiyans if possible, but most of all, if it's possible we want NO casualties. Got it? Scoop, you heard that correct? EDC commander, you do what you have to do.. but I'd like to do this as cleanly as possible. Prime out."

The gates were comming up fast, and prime's engine roared as his cab section crashed through the barricades