Yet another Build team sighting from seibertron.com:

original post:
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...ae5c04f081ba32

site it's linked to:

http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/sightings.html

And the qoute itself:

[qoute]

Deluxe:
Ninth Wave: Frostbite (Jawbreaker recolor), Longhorn (Ramulus recolor) and Night Slash Cheetor (recolored in dark orange, spinny thing in the chest has been removed). 2/17/05: Target in San Diego CA, Irvine CA. The Wal-Mart Constructicons (Landfill team recolors) are among the co-sells. 2/19: Wal-Mart in Reno NV, Smithfield NC; Target in Manhattan Beach CA. 2/22: Target in Manhattan KS (I passed on 'em, none of the recolors sang to me). 2/24: Target in Louisville KY, Columbus GA, Florence KY; Wal-Mart in Louisville KY, Phenix City AL, Wichita KS, Aurora IN. 2/25: Target in Eagle Rock CA. 2/27: Target in Watertown MA. 3/3: A not-yet-open Target in Decatur IL (will open 3/6); Wal-Mart in La Habra CA.
[/qoute]

Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
dedicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-04, 07:10 PM   #22
Cyclone_X

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
My current research is only going back as far as Beast Machines. And since this is more meant as a roundup of "current" lines, I see no point in digging up old junk that will never see the light of day anyway.
too bad, as I would love to find out more about Botanica toys and deluxe/mega sized Obsidian (and prolly more unknown testshots/protos owned by some TF fan that dont want to show them)

BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Cyclone_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-05, 01:25 PM   #23
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Added the Sixtrain proto.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-06, 08:13 PM   #24
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Here's an uneasy thought for everyone to think about:

Could it be that some of these toys have been cancelled because the prototypes/test shots leaked out to the public and thus the store that had previously agreed to feature them as store exclusives chose to retract from the deal?

Old 2005-03-06, 08:22 PM   #25
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

SEACONS CONFIRMED CANCELLED.

Old 2005-03-06, 08:31 PM   #26
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Phooey

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-06, 11:30 PM   #27
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Hasbro reissues confirmed cancelled.

Old 2005-03-07, 12:40 AM   #28
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Here's an uneasy thought for everyone to think about:

Could it be that some of these toys have been cancelled because the prototypes/test shots leaked out to the public and thus the store that had previously agreed to feature them as store exclusives chose to retract from the deal?
I'd dismiss that as a baseless scare tactic. First off, I doubt seriously that any of the retailers (especially Walmart) would be keeping tabs on prototypes being shown on the internet. Secondly, even the few "hard" prototypes that make it out aren't even numerous enough to cut into anybody's bottom line. Third, what would be the motivation for a retailer to reneg a deal because an early version of the product has shown up on obsessive fansites? No, that sounds more like Hasbro trying to discourage the few people gullible enough to belief that than actually do something about their problem which is a severe lack of security.

The reissues were cancelled due to awful prices and the Seacons were most likely cancelled due to slow production (not much sense putting them out now when Energon's ending in two months anyway), lack of interest, or unforeseen cost issues.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-07, 01:11 AM   #29
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
I'd dismiss that as a baseless scare tactic. First off, I doubt seriously that any of the retailers (especially Walmart) would be keeping tabs on prototypes being shown on the internet.
Don't you know? Wal*Mart is evil. They're keeping tabs on everyone and everything.

Quote:
Secondly, even the few "hard" prototypes that make it out aren't even numerous enough to cut into anybody's bottom line.
The problem is not the number. The mere fact that these things make it out at all are bad enough.
Imagine you're writing a book, and before you even have it spell-checked and double-checked, photocopies of your early draft are already being sold on eBay. Wouldn't you consider not selling it at all?

Quote:
Third, what would be the motivation for a retailer to reneg a deal because an early version of the product has shown up on obsessive fansites?
Competitors getting an early look (read: advantage) on a product they're planning to sell?

Quote:
No, that sounds more like Hasbro trying to discourage the few people gullible enough to belief that than actually do something about their problem which is a severe lack of security.
Sure the security leak is a huge problem, but judging from what I read in an old ATT thread, the problem here is a lack of authority on Hasbro's behalf over the Chinese factory management.

Quote:
The reissues were cancelled due to awful prices and the Seacons were most likely cancelled due to slow production (not much sense putting them out now when Energon's ending in two months anyway), lack of interest, or unforeseen cost issues.
Granted, but what about the other stuff? Universe Spacewarp? BiaB Smokescreen vs. Drench? Cheetor, Tarantulas, Waspinator and Mutant Soundwave? "Energon" Optimus and Megatron?

Old 2005-03-07, 01:42 AM   #30
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
The problem is not the number. The mere fact that these things make it out at all are bad enough.
Imagine you're writing a book, and before you even have it spell-checked and double-checked, photocopies of your early draft are already being sold on eBay. Wouldn't you consider not selling it at all?
I doubt the people who originally designed the molds years ago care if the repaints are being displayed before they're ready for release. A retailer like Walmart isn't analogous to an author or toy designer. Even in the scenario you described, it would be the author trying to keep his or her publisher from publishing the book, not the retailer deciding not to carry it. In any case, I doubt very much that the retailers have any say in the design process of exclusives other than agreeing to sell the final product.

Quote:
Competitors getting an early look (read: advantage) on a product they're planning to sell?
I don't really see this line of reasoning going anywhere because the figures would still be exclusives and the only way for competitors to get their hands on the figures would be for Hasbro to break the exclusivity contracts. Yeah, Kmart can see Walmart's exclusive figures, but they won't get a chance to sell 'em.

Quote:
Sure the security leak is a huge problem, but judging from what I read in an old ATT thread, the problem here is a lack of authority on Hasbro's behalf over the Chinese factory management.
Yes, those are the joys of capitalism outsourcing to sh*thole nations...

Quote:
Granted, but what about the other stuff? Universe Spacewarp? BiaB Smokescreen vs. Drench? Cheetor, Tarantulas, Waspinator and Mutant Soundwave? "Energon" Optimus and Megatron?
Probably a similar fate. If I'm not mistaken, everything you mentioned except for the Energon Prime & Megs were supposed to be Universe releases, and that whole line's really been kind of a flop. I'm surprised it's still continuing actually. I thought the Cyberjets wave was going to be the last. As for the Energon repaints, well, I'd like to imagine that Hasbro has learned something about flooding their current lines with multiple repaints of the same toy. There was hardly a need for Hasbro to release the three versions of the Energon Megatron mold they already released, much less four.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-07, 03:06 AM   #31
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
That's a poor analogy—words (or music) can be made digital in ways toys cannot.

Quote:
Stores don't often refuse to sell items for which there is interest—as long as the toy isn't awful, they're in the win-win situation of lots of people knowing about the product and then knowing that they're the only place it can be bought.

If the toy is awful, it won't sell. I doubt K-Mart did much business on the Legends toys, for instance.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-07, 06:51 AM   #32
Ravage
Primus

In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

The saddest part of all this is if Hasbro had just used their bloody heads.

Went to Toys R Us today in NY and saw they marked down the G1 reissues and had almost nothing left. Prices ranged from 10-25 dollars clearance and with the exception of Riotchett going for 35 everything else was nearly gone. And considering when I went 3 weeks ago they had about 20 of every figure sans Jazz. *Sighs*

Why did Hasbro have to be so retarded with the reissues? If they had went for the 20 dollar range rather than 30 they would have sold very well me thinks. Oh and picked up Tracks for 12 bucks BTW.

The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-07, 07:04 AM   #33
Clay

Murray, KY

As has been said before, if they had kept the price down, and actually got off their rears and released some figures that Takara hasn't (i.e., dinobots), they would have done a lot better.

Surely, it's got to be more complicated than that... but if it is that simple, then Hasbro isn't doing a good job of thinking things through. If that's the case, then we might see greater ramifications than just the reissue line going kaput.

Old 2005-03-07, 09:07 AM   #34
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Hasbro didn't pick the prices for the reissues, TRU did.

Old 2005-03-07, 12:39 PM   #35
Ravage
Primus

In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

Also, not everywhere has a TRU. Vermont for example, has only one TRU we up in the northern part of the state. Thats why I would drive an hour to Glens Falls NY, rather, than driving two hours to Williston Vermont.

The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-11, 10:29 AM   #36
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Updated:

Energon Overcast OUT
Universe "G1" Spychangers at Bill's Toys and Games
Universe (?) Micromaster Sixwing prototype
Alternators Meister in Euro packaging released in Italy
Some more snippets about the Hummer

Old 2005-03-28, 12:40 AM   #37
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

NEW:

- (Cancelled) Energon Piranhacons with undisputable evidence of Wal*Mart being the store in question.
- Universe "G1" Spychangers sighted at Family Dollar.
- Rumor about in-package Universe Micromaster Sixtrain added.
- Rumor about Universe Build Team being released as "USA Editions" in Japan added.
- Alternators Dead End confirmed as having been initially planned to be Sunstreaker.
- Early concept designs for Swindle confirming the head being based on G1 Trailbreaker.
- Alternators Decepticharge name confirmed, head sculpt identitiy "revealed" as G1 "Windcharger".
- Alternators Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (Volkswagen New Beetles) concept designs added.
- Alternators Porsche 986 Boxster prototype added.

BTW, shall I remove Energon Overcast from the list once word of him having been released got spread?

Old 2005-03-28, 01:14 AM   #38
Clay

Murray, KY

Quote:
NEW:

BTW, shall I remove Energon Overcast from the list once word of him having been released got spread?
Yeah, I even saw one in the walmart the other day... it's definately not cancelled.

Old 2005-04-10, 04:24 PM   #39
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Lots of minor updates this time only...

Old 2005-04-29, 10:16 AM   #40
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Whoa! Lots'a updates!

- Energon: Hasbro's official word on the fate of the Seacons added.

- Universe: With Blastcharge being officially out now for a while, the entry for him has been removed.

- Universe: Some more additions to the Overbite & Repugnus set.

- Universe: Build Team/Constructicons probably in limbo with the Seacons.

- Alternators: Hasbro Prowl prototype and confirmation for Takara Prowl added.

- Alternators: More on MINI's advertizing campaign for their MINI Cooper robot added.

- Alternators: Confirmation for Wildrider/Wildracer (Takara version of Decepticharge) added.

Did I miss anything?