• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2005-06-08, 05:46 PM   #41
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

UPDATE:

- Railbots in packaging
- Binaltech Overdrive unlicensed? (reason for long barrel)
- Wildrider's color scheme

Did I miss anything?

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-07-04, 03:43 PM   #42
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Minor update:

- Removed the Dollar store exclusive "G1" Spychangers on Universe cards. They've been out for a while and shouldn't be considered a mystery any longer.
- Updated the Micromaster "Railbots". Will remove them as well once they're out in US retail.

Haven't added the new Universe stuff (KB exclusive Snow Cat & Downshift, discount chain exclusive Energon Arcee, Windrazor, Strong Arm and Doom-lock repackages) yet since they're still fairly new and will hopefully just come out in a few months and thereby kill any rumors about "photoshop" crap and all.
Also didn't add any Cybertron stuff yet. The RiD Optimus Prime/Ultra Magnus repackages just surfaced in packaging, the Vector Prime/Starscream pack is still being debated, and anything else is still too new to qualify for this list.

Old 2005-07-18, 10:29 AM   #43
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Whoa! Lots'a updates.

The good news: A lot of the changes were from "rumor X, rumor Y, rumor Z" to "officially confirmed, coming soon".

The updates:

Energon:

- Piranhaking a possibility for the Hasbro Toy Shop.

Universe:

- Build Team and Spacewarp a possibility for the Hasbro Toy Shop.
- Micromaster Railbots out in Australia, coming to the US soon. Entry will get removed once they hit saturation.
- No plans for Hasbro WSTFs.

Alternators:

- Changed Prowl's status to "surfaced in-packaging in China". Entry will get removed once he hits saturation in US retail.
- Split the entry for Sunstreaker/Trailbreaker into two separate entries. Expanded Trailbreaker's entry and added some notes about trademark/naming stuff. Changed Sunstreaker's status to "coming soon". Entry will get removed once he hits saturation in US retail.
- Added an entry for Mirage.
- Added the "Black Widow" stuff to the Decepticharge entry. Added a status update for US Decepticharge.

Old 2005-08-04, 03:21 PM   #44
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Only Universe updates this time:

- Longhaul & Hightower and Bonecrusher & Scavenger (RiD Build Team redeco) up as "coming soon" at Hasbro Toy Shop website

- Micromaster Railbots out in Australia

- Micromaster Aerialbots surfaced in packaging

Hasbro's checklist keeps getting shorter.

Old 2005-08-28, 09:49 AM   #45
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

The updates!

- Micromaster Railbots out in Europe
- Universe Bonecrusher & Scavenger, Longhaul & Hightower and Overbite & Buzzclaw coming soon
- Alternators Prowl due out in September
- Binaltech Overdrive IS licensed by Honda
-Alternators Decepticharge status update (shipping together with Prowl)
- Binaltech Wildrider/Black Widow: The full story

Old 2005-09-01, 12:23 AM   #46
Cyberstrike nTo
Primus

In the Dead Universe known as Indianapolis

I recall a rather cool looking redeco of Energon Megatron that could powerlink with the small version of Galaxy Force Starscream.
It was shown around the same time the GF/Cybertron toys were
being announced.
Does anyone know if was it a prototype or a kitbash or was it cancelled or what?

The X-WCW a fun site for fun people.
Cyberstrike nTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-01, 03:09 PM   #47
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
I recall a rather cool looking redeco of Energon Megatron that could powerlink with the small version of Galaxy Force Starscream.
It was shown around the same time the GF/Cybertron toys were
being announced.
Does anyone know if was it a prototype or a kitbash or was it cancelled or what?
T'was a kitbash.

Old 2005-09-01, 03:10 PM   #48
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

And that's a damn dirty shame, as it looks a lot nicer than most of the Cybertron stuff.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-01, 04:22 PM   #49
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking > Random Tangent

Wahey! I got linkted as a source for the Mirage issue... I'm not sure how much of a problem for a reissue it'd be now Guy has totally withdrawn from the sport, and being French, totally lacks the motivation to do anything whatsoever. Of course, it's all null and void as far as Hasbro are concerned, but it wouldn't surprise me if a version [probably with the "Citanes" branding modified still further] came out in Japan. They managed to use the old bastard's name in 1985 over there without him noticing [now awesome would it be to have a Transformer named after you, though?], though RM Rijie could point to Takara playing it safe anyway... the problem is that Mirage wasn't just a generic F1 car with a Ligier colour scheme [Rijie was a generic Indycar given Ligier-esque branding], but a fairly passable replica of the JS26 - I'm not sure whether they'd need just Guy Ligier's permission, or that of designer Gerard Decarouge as well...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-01, 06:29 PM   #50
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Default Re: > Random Tangent

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Wahey! I got linkted as a source for the Mirage issue... I'm not sure how much of a problem for a reissue it'd be now Guy has totally withdrawn from the sport, and being French, totally lacks the motivation to do anything whatsoever. Of course, it's all null and void as far as Hasbro are concerned, but it wouldn't surprise me if a version [probably with the "Citanes" branding modified still further] came out in Japan.
You mean like the Meister reissue was "Agent Meister" instead of "Martinii"? Or e-Hobby Anime Streak was "Streak" instead of "Fairlady Z"?

Quote:
They managed to use the old bastard's name in 1985 over there without him noticing [now awesome would it be to have a Transformer named after you, though?], though RM Rijie could point to Takara playing it safe anyway...
Notice how the RM toy is decked out with "26", "RobotMasters" and "RM-03", but no "Citanes" or "Ligier" anywhere.

Quote:
the problem is that Mirage wasn't just a generic F1 car with a Ligier colour scheme [Rijie was a generic Indycar given Ligier-esque branding], but a fairly passable replica of the JS26 - I'm not sure whether they'd need just Guy Ligier's permission, or that of designer Gerard Decarouge as well...
The question would be too whether that still matters more than 20 years later.

However, it is a weird coincidence that Mirage is the only G1 mold that got never officially reused in any way past 1986 ("Goodbye Convoy" giftset), eh? He wasn't even part of Hasbro's 1990/91 "Classic Heroes" lineup in Europe, which had Wheeljack and Sunstreaker.

Old 2005-09-01, 07:23 PM   #51
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Default Re: Re: > Random Tangent

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
You mean like the Meister reissue was "Agent Meister" instead of "Martinii"? Or e-Hobby Anime Streak was "Streak" instead of "Fairlady Z"?
Probably more like the former... I'd say best bet if he was reissued in Japan is that it'd come out as Rijie, and that'd be on the side...

Quote:
The question would be too whether that still matters more than 20 years later.
Yeh, that'd be the thing... I personally just think he's a bit down the list... both the toy and the character do alright as far as followings go, but relative to the other 1984/85 figures/characters, he does seem rather unpopular [stress on relative]. He doesn't have the fan following of, say, Sunstreaker, or a toy as popular as someone like Blitzwing... I reckon it's largely just one of those things. It depends really how much input the manufacturers of the cars actually have on the reissues... do we have anything definite? And like you say, do they have to have any on cars that have been out of production so long [I think the basic Countach is the one which went out of production last, and that would have been, what? Mid to late 1980s?]... Even if they do, how much control do they have over reissues - i.e. if the toy already exists, can they stop it coming out any more?

Old 2005-09-01, 08:33 PM   #52
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Default Re: Re: Re: > Random Tangent

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Yeh, that'd be the thing... I personally just think he's a bit down the list... both the toy and the character do alright as far as followings go, but relative to the other 1984/85 figures/characters, he does seem rather unpopular [stress on relative]. He doesn't have the fan following of, say, Sunstreaker, or a toy as popular as someone like Blitzwing...
Takara apparently thought he was popular enough to get a RM homage. And Hasbro have recently semi-confirmed that a Mirage Alternator is in the works.

Hmmm. Sunstreaker... General consensus is that the mold has been lost/damaged. Same for Wheeljack. But then, bootleggers are able to recreate molds via reverse-engineering from existing toys. Hasn't the same been done with Soundwave?

What I can tell for sure (confirmed by a reliable source) is that the combiner teams (Constructicons, Aerialbots etc.) won't see a reissue anytime soon thanks to the plethora of bootlegs widely available for cheap.

Quote:
I reckon it's largely just one of those things. It depends really how much input the manufacturers of the cars actually have on the reissues... do we have anything definite? And like you say, do they have to have any on cars that have been out of production so long [I think the basic Countach is the one which went out of production last, and that would have been, what? Mid to late 1980s?]... Even if they do, how much control do they have over reissues - i.e. if the toy already exists, can they stop it coming out any more?
Well, Dodge could urge Hasbro into a licensing deal after the initial release of RiD Sude Burn. Not sure how this works with models that are out of production, though.

Old 2005-09-01, 09:16 PM   #53
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: > Random Tangent

Quote:
Takara apparently thought he was popular enough to get a RM homage. And Hasbro have recently semi-confirmed that a Mirage Alternator is in the works.
For the former, I'd say it was a lot to do with a readily avaliable mould that fitted in with RobotMasters [small, cheap, modern] than anything else - I really don't think they'd have done a scratch-built mould for the character. [On a tangent from a tangent, I'm surprised we didn't get a G1 Hoist from the other Autobot MW mould]. And for the Alternators, I think it's a little less popularity driven - it's more about getting different types of cars, then assigning a character to them, so if they were to go for an F1 car [my tip would have been for a BMW Williams, but I doubt that'll happen now - actually, now that tobacco advertising is on the way out, they'll have a wider scope - BAR Honda maybe?], Mirage'd be the obvious one. Windcharger's hardly a fan favourite, ditto Overdrive or Swerve, while Dead End and Swindle are more cult classics than huge favourites.

Quote:
Hmmm. Sunstreaker... General consensus is that the mold has been lost/damaged. Same for Wheeljack. But then, bootleggers are able to recreate molds via reverse-engineering from existing toys. Hasn't the same been done with Soundwave?
I get the impression it's a very expensive process... Soundwave was a very, very wanted reissue, probably behind only Convoy and Megatron, and on top of that Soundblaster will have helped pay for the process - as a 'real' character he sold better than some fan-wanky 'new' Police Sunstreaker/Marlboro Wheeljack premiums. Wheeljack and Sunstreaker, really, would be just another two Autobot cars, and lots of more casual fans don't like the moulds. Wheeljack's cartoon popularity would carry him to a certain extent, but to nowhere near the level of Soundwave...

I guess it's the same with the combiners, even discounting the bootlegs. Only Devastator would really sell that well - as pre-Movie TFs go, the 'Scramble City' teams are fairly common... you can get a complete one for well under 50 [75 Euros?] with a little luck, and a reissue wouldn't undercut that by much...

Old 2005-09-01, 09:40 PM   #54
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Also, with Ruination recently done in three different decos, the demand for Bruticus would be even lower than that of the other gestalts.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-01, 10:05 PM   #55
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

The only Scramble City combiner we might see a (repainted) re-release soon would be Piranaking... which brings us back to the very purpose of this thread.

Old 2005-09-18, 06:28 PM   #56
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Update:

- Alternators Decepticharge out in US retail
- Alternators Prowl out in US retail
- Micromaster Aerialbots depicted in Lee's Toy Review Magazine, confirmed as KB exclusives
- Universe Overbite & Repugnus two-pack surfaced in packaging
- Universe Bonecrusher & Scavenger two-pack surfaced in packaging

Old 2005-10-07, 12:02 AM   #57
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Post-BotCon update!

- Hasbro will be looking into reissue Side Swipe
- Reissue Astrotrain confirmed
- G1 Wheeljack and Mirage molds confirmed lost
- Hasbro are working hard on finding a new home for the Piranhacons
- WSTFs confirmed NOT coming out in the US
- Micromaster Railbots OUT in US retail
- Universe Bonecrusher & Scavenger, Long Haul & Hightower and Overbite & Repugnus confirmed as Target exclusives, scheduled to come out in March 2006
- Alternators Mirage prototype displayed (Ford GT)
- Alternators Dodge Ram confirmed as Optimus Prime
- Alternators Sunstreaker surfaced in packaging, Takara version officially released
- "Rollbar" redeco of Alternators Swindle in orange confirmed, thereby dampening the hopes of a "Trailbreaker" recolor
- Official confirmation that Alternators Windcharger's gun barrel was removed because Honda USA asked for it, while Honda Japan had no problem with the Binaltech version sporting a long gun barrel
- Binaltech Wildrider/Black Widow rumored to be scheduled for a January 2006 release date
- Again opening the possibility of non-car Alternators (Hasbro were going to meet with Takara to discuss this topic)
- WSTF Skids and Tracks confirmed cancelled

Old 2005-10-09, 08:10 PM   #58
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Part 7 has been changed from "World's Smallest Transformers" into a more fleshed out list of all the tail-end releases from Takara's recent lines that never came out.

Old 2005-10-15, 12:12 PM   #59
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Two minor updates, plus a big one:

1) Blender and Moledive appeared on the Galaxy Force cartoon, thereby making them official show characters. Still no word on a Japanese verison of the toys.

2) Reports from BotCon of Aaron Archer not being aware of a cancellation of the Takara version of the Primus toy. The mystery continues.

The big one:

Due to popular demand, I have expanded the Energon entry to include the one legendary toy from Armada, namely red Powerlinx Thrust.

EDIT: Added the unreleased Armada Adventure and Space Team repaints as well. Still looking for the in-packaging pics, help would be much appreciated!

Last edited by Nevermore; 2005-10-15 at 12:18 PM.
Old 2005-10-15, 01:35 PM   #60
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Part 2: ARMADA & ENERGON

"Energon Optimus Prime" and "Energon Megatron":

Last May, test shots of these guys surfaced in China (Optimus was also nicknamed "Santa Prime").
http://www.pbasehk.com/AMONtheBrave/...K_GRAND_CONVOY

Where is that Scourge repaint coming frrom? Is that another aborted item, or a fan repaint?

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote